Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light sided Sith

ourimaler
04.27.2012 , 07:47 AM | #91
My Marauder is completely Light Sided. I rationalize/roleplay it as follows:
In her opinion, the Sith code makes sense: Passion is good, strength (of character) is good, and the quest for inner strength builds character, thus setting you free (obviously, this is not the interpretation of the code most Sith adhere to).
Thing is...She just wishes other people didn't treat the code as a license to be raging jerks. In her mind, sure, the Sith code invites you to seek strength...but that doesn't mean you should oppress the weak. Other way around: If you're strong, you are supposed to protect the weak, and teach them to seek strength themselves.
...So, obviously, she's completely heretical.

IronSalamander
04.27.2012 , 08:02 AM | #92
My guild chides me (in good fun) on my Powertech and Sniper for being light-sided when we run stuff together and I don't execute the prisoners or kill the refugees. They joke in a HM is that the NPC has a 25% to live. I quite like the light sided options and they fit their personalities well.

My Chiss Juggernaut is light 2, but she has a lot of dark (She'd be light 4 if she went pure light). She's the angry daughter of my Sniper and wants a lot of payback for her mother's story. She treats anyone she feels was part of her mother's torment very harshly but lets go anyone she feels is innocent or has been victimized like her mother was. It's a fun mechanic for playing her.
The D'Vraenex legacy: Kylania-60 Chiss Sniper: Thelianna-60 Chiss Powertech: Morella-65 Chiss Sith Juggernaut: Thalira-60 Mirialan Sith Sorceress: Kaliara-60 Chiss Sith Assassin Vylladia-65 Mirialan Operative
Ebon Hawk

VanorDM
04.27.2012 , 11:33 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
I still don't see what you mean, or how a LS Sith would be weaker then a DS Sith.
Most of the Darth Bane stuff shows how Bane feels about things, just because a character says something doesn't mean it's true.

grandmthethird
04.27.2012 , 12:01 PM | #94
a lightside sith is an abomination. if there was a kill option for other players you would be hunted down. and not last long
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

KorinHyvek
04.27.2012 , 12:08 PM | #95
The way I approached my light sided sith was basically, he rejected the constant cruelty and backstabbing of the Traditional sith as pointless, but he also viewed the Jedi ideas of supressing emotions as dangerous and corrupt. One thing I wish I could have tried to impress upon Jaesa would have been hisopinion of the jedi code, "Surpressing all emotions is dangerous, and even counter intuitive. Rather, we should seek to control our emotions. I feel anger as I fight, but I recognize it as anger, and do not let it consume me or dictate my actions. By allowing myself to feel emotions but not becoming consumed by them, I can achieve a fuller understanding of the force. True understanding of the force comes through feeling and understanding your emotions while remaining at piece."

That's at least what I've come to believe is probably the best approach to the light side.

grandmthethird
04.27.2012 , 12:19 PM | #96
it should be like this sith darkside, jedi lightside, smuggler, trooper, bounty hunter and agent can be dark, light, or neutral. sith are evil and dark side makes sense for them, jedi are the protectors of justice and only lightside makes since for them. the rest ar only human and as such can be a mix of anything imo

having said that i can't wait to play a darkside jedi, i want to see if i get red eyes when i reach dark lv 5
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

VanorDM
04.27.2012 , 12:27 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
sith are evil and dark side makes sense for them
That is simply untrue. There's a number of light sided sith in the SWTOR lore.

DarthPunitor
04.27.2012 , 10:02 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Most of the Darth Bane stuff shows how Bane feels about things, just because a character says something doesn't mean it's true.
lol have you even read the series? I'm about to reread the series for the fourth time, and I can tell you that bane's interpretation of power and the darkside IS THE ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY ON THIS SUBJECT. again, he does not merely rant about meaningless subjects, BUT HE ESTABLISHES THE RULE OF TWO AND A PRECEDENT FOR ALL FUTURE SITH. there is no other way to interpret the darkside, and light sith fundamentally do not have access to the greater powers of pure darkside adherents. Again, read the example i provided and actually read the books.

Most people seem to misinterpret dark siders as being raving 5 year olds killing things willy nilly. Yes, i would expect someone who hasn't actually read any of the eu to believe this interpretation. But no, the dark side is not that simple. True darksiders completely unleash themselves to their emotions, the most powerful emotions being hate and vengeance (though love and other passions play their role in the order too).
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh (formerly)-
-The Tai Legacy- -Tai'for - Punitor - Lithany - Machiavelli - Davik -Her'acles-

Writetyper
04.27.2012 , 11:31 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
lol have you even read the series? I'm about to reread the series for the fourth time, and I can tell you that bane's interpretation of power and the darkside IS THE ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY ON THIS SUBJECT. again, he does not merely rant about meaningless subjects, BUT HE ESTABLISHES THE RULE OF TWO AND A PRECEDENT FOR ALL FUTURE SITH. there is no other way to interpret the darkside, and light sith fundamentally do not have access to the greater powers of pure darkside adherents. Again, read the example i provided and actually read the books.
His point is: Sith precedes Darth Bane. Darth Bane is not infallible. The Rule of Two is just another interpretation of the subject matter, popularity notwithstanding.

Velaran
04.28.2012 , 05:13 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
Most people seem to misinterpret dark siders as being raving 5 year olds killing things willy nilly. Yes, i would expect someone who hasn't actually read any of the eu to believe this interpretation. But no, the dark side is not that simple. True darksiders completely unleash themselves to their emotions, the most powerful emotions being hate and vengeance (though love and other passions play their role in the order too).
1. Who's to say that hate and vengeance are the most powerful emotions?

2. Have you seen the vast majority of Dark Side options in this game? Every battle, nearly every situation, becomes a net loss for the Empire, with nothing gained that could contribute to the war effort.

In the Sith Warrior storyline, the only DS option I believed to be in the best interests for everyone was

Spoiler