Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Explosive Content - Final boss guide?

MelliMelon
04.13.2012 , 11:01 PM | #1
Hey guys, I searched all over the internet and can't find a good guide for that final boss (Kephess?). Could someone point me somewhere? (Just saw video-guides and one text guide).

Alternatively, I just have one question:
how do you heal through those 13-15k hits from the pulse droids? Even spamming heals on them, often the same person got targeted in a row.

I'm a healer so I haven't been watching the droids too carefully, but I'm assuming they can't be taunted, interrupted, or anything else?

Thoughts?

xenofire
04.14.2012 , 07:25 AM | #2
...try stacking on the pulse droids... the big hits might go away.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

MelliMelon
04.14.2012 , 02:09 PM | #3
Thanks for the helpful response...

Even spamming heals without energy concerns with 2 rakata healers (scoundrel and sage) this does not work. If the same person gets targeted twice, then game over.

cshouston
04.14.2012 , 02:17 PM | #4
Hi Melyn. Weren't a few of you at the guild summit? The name sounds familiar.

As for the pulsar droids, you are correct to assume that they cannot be taunted or interrupted. Do stack everyone as close as possible, but have your MT stand to the south, between the two droids, right in front of a very handy stack of crates that almost act like a "stand here!" marker. There is a sweet spot which keeps him or her at max range from either droid at any given time. Have your off-tank take the lead on the transition west, and follow behind on the transition east to ensure that at least one of your heavies is always the farthest target from the active droid.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

EFalconer
04.14.2012 , 02:26 PM | #5
Condemned has a full video of the hardmode kill of Kephess 16man available on their website.

http://areyoucondemned.com
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

MelliMelon
04.14.2012 , 02:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
Hi Melyn. Weren't a few of you at the guild summit? The name sounds familiar.

As for the pulsar droids, you are correct to assume that they cannot be taunted or interrupted. Do stack everyone as close as possible, but have your MT stand to the south, between the two droids, right in front of a very handy stack of crates that almost act like a "stand here!" marker. There is a sweet spot which keeps him or her at max range from either droid at any given time. Have your off-tank take the lead on the transition west, and follow behind on the transition east to ensure that at least one of your heavies is always the farthest target from the active droid.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.
Thanks for that. Question though, what's the purpose of being the farthest target? We'll try it but I don't quite understand it.

EFalconer
04.14.2012 , 02:36 PM | #7
Rail shot hits the target furthest away from the droid adds (or it may be the target closer to the walker, we're not quite sure - but its essentially the same thing.)

By positioning your tank furthest away, s/he will soak the rail shots, ensuring that folks aren't one-shot by it.

Good luck - once you get that phase down, you'll be close to entering the actual Kephess phase of the fight which, in our opinion, was the much harder phase.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

MelliMelon
04.14.2012 , 02:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EFalconer View Post
Rail shot hits the target furthest away from the droid adds (or it may be the target closer to the walker, we're not quite sure - but its essentially the same thing.)

By positioning your tank furthest away, s/he will soak the rail shots, ensuring that folks aren't one-shot by it.

Good luck - once you get that phase down, you'll be close to entering the actual Kephess phase of the fight which, in our opinion, was the much harder phase.
Thanks a lot. We didn't figure that out at all (after... 6ish wipes?). Appreciate the help, all.

Galic
04.14.2012 , 06:52 PM | #9
I'm in Melyn's raid group in Remnant.

We tried having the tank furthest away from the droids, in order to soak up the railshot. Unfortunately that didn't work. Random people were still being targeted.

Our next attempt will be everyone stacking and moving together, with the tank closer to the AT...

Getting double tapped is annoying

But at least we're failing because of difficulty and not bugs!

To be continued tomorrow night...
<Ascension>

Daesh'cor - 55 - Sage Seer
Galic - 55 - Smuggler Sharpshooter

cshouston
04.14.2012 , 10:06 PM | #10
I'm not sure what to tell you, because unless someone messes up range, I consistently take the rail shots. Don't stand near the walker, but have them stand in the spot I detailed earlier. From there I can hit max range on both droids at the same time. The only time we had an accidental rail shot in the group was during the transition, which is why we had the off-tank leading the charge to the left droid, and following behind on the right. This ensures that even if the range gets crossed with my position, he's still farther and can soak up any errant shots.
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *