Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toth and Zorn story overtune?

pure_laced
04.14.2012 , 11:34 PM | #21
BW changes their minds weekly. They don't want content to be super easy because if it is, people will quit. It is the old "carrot at end of stick" routine. Put a good carrot out there and ppl will still keep reaching for it.

It is not overtuned at all. You can ignore mechanics almost entirely and still win.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Sultan
04.15.2012 , 12:05 AM | #22
Honestly we just downed them on story mode. A guild ops group with a mix of raiders who are in different raid groups within our guild. So ofcourse we wiped a bunch of times because we dont play together as a single raid group.

It was a lot harder than we thought it was going to be but it was quite fun.

Whats funny is we also went to do soa in hm in the same group and 2 shot him when every one of us except one player has never beaten soa on HM. I dont know but playing EC seemed to help us play better in EV. Was quite fun so i would agree with the majority to not nerf the new operation.
Saltman, Assassin
BELGOTH'S BEACON SERVER

WutangGza
Sawbones Scoundrel, The Fatman

krinaman
04.15.2012 , 12:23 AM | #23
The thing is a group capable of doing SOA hardmode should faceroll the new raid story mode. Story mode isn't for you. You should be doing hardmode and having your challange.

If the place is a challange for SOA hardmode players the casual NM players it is designed for in story mode have zero chance.

Leovinus
04.15.2012 , 06:04 AM | #24
Having spent some time on this fight, I can say without a doubt, the target was missed. My raid is 10/10 HM EV/KP, and we couldn't do it in the time we gave it. We're not the best raid force out there by any means, but we're pretty solid. We coordinate fairly well and we're probably 2/3-3/4 rakata geared, so a raid tuned to PUGs should have been almost faceroll easy. It was not.

Now, that being said, do I have any doubt we'll get it? No, of course not, but that's not the point. The point is that an average PUR will have no chance. One led by folks who are intimately familiar with the encounter and has tanks and healers that are solidly more geared and experienced than the typical would, perhaps. But the intended audience will encounter nothing but frustration and debt.

Ezion
04.15.2012 , 08:03 AM | #25
You can watch the guild summit here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYp0pZd2ag

between 6-8 minutes is the part about hard/nightmare and story modes. It doesn't say that storymode EC would be easier than EV/KP. It says that they expect you to gear up through EV/KP but the gearing 'curve' would not be so steep compared to hard/nighmare modes. They also said that they were going to focus more on mechanics etc. rather than just requiring more stats to beat the fights.

When groups get used to the new mechanics for EC I dont think it will seem as difficult as people are making out now. Since there is a lot more movement and so on required for the fights compared to EV/KP, DPS/healing will suffer until players get used to it. When people adjust to what is required then the DPS will improve.

ADTRr
04.15.2012 , 08:17 AM | #26
I still think it is unfair to define this as overtune. Soa HM are struggling with the NM because it is a brand new instance and every fight in EC is mechanic based. Plus, getting used to the new force power management of sorcs and sages has added to the troubles of many groups. I do not believe it is overtuned it will simply take time(like real raid content) to learn to challange and defeat it.

Glorionn
04.15.2012 , 08:17 AM | #27
Well I'm in a pretty average raid team. I read up a few strats, told my tanks to stand with backs to the walls, split the raid into 2 groups of 4, everytime the two bosses jumped on each other, the groups would switch. We one shot it, there really wasnt much to it. We're full rakata, but honestly, we're nothing special, if it was any easier that would of been sad.

We decided to see SM content then try the HM.
Glor - CommandoGlorion - Guardian
Glory - SageGlorific - Gunslinger
Harlequin of Master Dar'nala

Dragonbgone
04.15.2012 , 02:50 PM | #28
Not overtuned at all.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic