Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toth and Zorn story overtune?

_Zorth_
04.14.2012 , 09:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
If the target audience is people running story modes then the progression should be EV/KP story mode then this story mode. I mean the whole idea of having story modes was so that people who can't/won't do hard modes can still do the raids.
By that logic every new raid that releases in the coming patches should be Tionese/Columi friendly on story mode so that the new 50's can enjoy it.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

krinaman
04.14.2012 , 09:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
By that logic every new raid that releases in the coming patches should be Tionese/Columi friendly on story mode so that the new 50's can enjoy it.
No by that logic, people should be able to progress through the story modes. I.E. Story mode EV/KP, story mode EC, story mode next raid, story mode raid after that.

hawkeyesfan
04.14.2012 , 10:04 AM | #13
I also thought EC 'story' was a bit overtuned based on their stated goal for story mode.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/09/5-...ublics-future/

It doesn't bother me but I thought especially the first boss on story was more difficult than many HM bosses in EV/KP. And that would be cool if they said that was their progression model but it wasn't. In the 1st bullet in #3 on the link above from the Guild Summit they stated that normal would become Story and be even easier than EV/KP. /shrug. I imagine this will just fuel another casual/hardcore fire and there will be tons of flames on both sides. I can't imagine a casual guild in Columi/Tionese from story EV/KP will be gettinc this new raid down any time soon.

Koranes
04.14.2012 , 10:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
No by that logic, people should be able to progress through the story modes. I.E. Story mode EV/KP, story mode EC, story mode next raid, story mode raid after that.
correct story mode EC should be tuned for columi geared players. as bioware stated story is for enjoyment. so being that story drops rakata it is logical and sane to agree that STORY mode Toth and Zorn need a bit of a nerf to bring them inline with the story mode player base will be geared in. for a challenge hard/nightmare modes are good

Chaqen
04.14.2012 , 12:46 PM | #15
THe 1st fight in EC story mode was a joke imo. MY guild ignore most of the mechanics, besides the tank swapping and downed it first pull w/o deaths. It is severely undertuned compared to the tanks.

Mavery
04.14.2012 , 12:52 PM | #16
Do we even know the difference between columni and rakata?

It's not much.

56 mods vs 58 mods.

Do you see a stat difference? Yes, of course. But it's not this gargantuan stat difference that ultimately decides whether you beat any of story mode EC fights. It just isn't -that- profound.

I don't think the fights are overtuned. What people sometimes don't differentiate is wipes because it is "too hard" and wipes because "you don't know the mechanics." Lost Island HM and EC fall into the latter. Even if you used to raid hard modes in other games, SWTOR has conditioned you (in the first tier) to ignore the vast majority of mechanics. The content in tier 2 is a significant wake up call. Guild groups, PUGs will become so much more proficient when they get accustomed to the mechanics.

hawkeyesfan
04.14.2012 , 02:19 PM | #17
I think some of you are missing the point. No one here seems to be complaining that it is too difficult. What some of us are saying is it's not what they advertised, they being Bioware. They said that normal was becoming 'story' and it would be even EASIER than the first tier of raiding. EC story is NOT easier than EV/KP normal. Not even close. Some people don't want that much of a challenge they just want to see all current content. I imagine many unprepared people who have only done normal EV/KP and have equivalent gear will be most unhappy with this new raid in 'story' mode.

Some of you just keep saying new raid, it's harder brah. When Bioware said that wasn't gonna be the case. HM is gonna be for most guilds, Nightmare will be truly a nightmare for the hardcore raiders and story will be for the casuals, pugs and people who will never make it raiding HM content. Kinda like LFR in WoW. This is smart tiering of the raids but when casuals start going in there and wiping for 3 hours on the 1st boss they will be most unhappy. Then all of you will flame people for complainging when BIOWARE said they'd be easier. Lol this isn't rocket science.

Personally I think they should have followed through with making story mode easier and have the lockouts work with HMs. That way you can't double dip for that few pieces of Rakata gear that you need then also get to do HMs the same week. That way casual guilds, story IS their lockout. Progression guilds, HM or Nightmare is theirs.

fozbozjimjam
04.14.2012 , 05:24 PM | #18
well i come from a guild of just 10 people we have all been friends for a long time but now being much older have families and other commitments that only allow us to raid once a week on a saturday night for 3 hours.

we progress through ev normal easily as it is easy went on to hm and got 9/10,

now tonights raid seemed differnt offcourse the raid is alot harder, seemed harder to us then soa hm(yes where not the best of players in the world)

with time constraints we where all very looking forward to story mode continuing our journey through raiding and picking up the odd bit of gear here and there, but oh boy we where in for a shock 4 hours of wiping and we all went to bed, its kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.

We dont want things to be giving to us but story mode should be there for the casuals hm progressive raiders and nightmare for hardcore.

if its a persistent thing that each night we will wipe to death on story mode then i cant see us playing anymore

you set the rules so story mode was suposed to be relatively easy leave it tha way and keep your subs with it

and to the people who undoubtably say something like *** noob boss is easy.

we just dont have hours upon hours to wipe but still want to have fun

ArchangelLBC
04.14.2012 , 05:56 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by hawkeyesfan View Post
I think some of you are missing the point. No one here seems to be complaining that it is too difficult. What some of us are saying is it's not what they advertised, they being Bioware. They said that normal was becoming 'story' and it would be even EASIER than the first tier of raiding. EC story is NOT easier than EV/KP normal. Not even close. Some people don't want that much of a challenge they just want to see all current content. I imagine many unprepared people who have only done normal EV/KP and have equivalent gear will be most unhappy with this new raid in 'story' mode.

Some of you just keep saying new raid, it's harder brah. When Bioware said that wasn't gonna be the case. HM is gonna be for most guilds, Nightmare will be truly a nightmare for the hardcore raiders and story will be for the casuals, pugs and people who will never make it raiding HM content. Kinda like LFR in WoW. This is smart tiering of the raids but when casuals start going in there and wiping for 3 hours on the 1st boss they will be most unhappy. Then all of you will flame people for complainging when BIOWARE said they'd be easier. Lol this isn't rocket science.

Personally I think they should have followed through with making story mode easier and have the lockouts work with HMs. That way you can't double dip for that few pieces of Rakata gear that you need then also get to do HMs the same week. That way casual guilds, story IS their lockout. Progression guilds, HM or Nightmare is theirs.

First off, where did they say that Story Mode EC would be easier than Story Mode EV/KP? Considering it drops Rakata that wouldn't make much sense to me. And when you say "see the content" what do you mean? Many casuals still want a challenge, and I'd be kinda miffed if story mode EC was easier than the two previous ops. If you mean "See the story" then they can go youtube the fights and cutscenes if they want the story.

Is it easier than Story mode EV/KP? Absolutely not. Would it be possible and appropriate to beat the first boss of EC if you've cleared story mode of EV/KP? Absolutely. I have no reason doubting that a group geared in columni could clear this. As someone said, the difference between Rakata and Columni just isn't that huge. Heck most people with rakata have columni enhancements in them to compensate for the not very good stats on Rakata.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

hawkeyesfan
04.14.2012 , 07:33 PM | #20
To ArchangelLbc read a post of mine about 5 up. I linked a post from Guild Summit, and Bioware said that. #3 first bullet...