Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sroty Mode?

Bluestone
04.15.2012 , 12:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by hawkeyesfan View Post
I simply observed that this raid was not as easy in comparison than previous normal modes and was actually imo more difficult than at least half of the HM bosses from the first tier.
Yea well DUH it is a tier 2 operation meaning you have to clear tier 1 content first.

Just because it's story mode and more accessible that doesn't mean EVERYONE will be able to try it. Some people will never hit 50 but that doesn't mean they should get to try operations. Some people will get to 50 but never get any daily gear and so probably never be able to do story mode tier 1 ops.

This is no different. You need to progress through tier 1 story mode content before you are able to do tier 2 story mode content.

This is how MMO progression works.
Guild Leader Dakhan - A proud New Zealand TORboard enthusiast
Order of the Unifying Force - established Nov. 2008 - Recruitment Thread
US-East RP-PvP Server: Jung Ma
[International] [Republic] [All Classes]

Prossy
04.15.2012 , 12:29 AM | #12
As said above me the raid is easy it's just the mechanics are more involved then in EV and KP, you actually have to do stuff!!

Also they changed the raid dynamic, you need 2 tanks now instead of one, just give the fights ago and figure them out instead of relying on people to make strat's, you don't need to be a hardcore raider to do it

Bluestone
04.15.2012 , 12:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bladedakoda View Post
Normal Mode is becoming Story Mode and will be even easier. Not really sure what part of that you fail to understand.
Totally understand that, never indicated I didn't.

They said at the summit that story mode would be for people to pug, and just get a group of friends who don't raid together so they can see the content.
You forget that the new operation is tier 2 even in story mode so no one should be trying it unless they clear tier 1 content. The OP thought the new operation would be easier than EV and KP, he was so wrong.

krinaman
04.15.2012 , 12:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluestone View Post
You forget that the new operation is tier 2 even in story mode so no one should be trying it unless they clear tier 1 content. The OP thought the new operation would be easier than EV and KP, he was so wrong.
Yeah, the problem is that the reports are that it's harder than EV/KP HM. Which means progression is now SM KP/EV HM KP/EV SM EC which isn't what is intended.

Bluestone
04.15.2012 , 12:46 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
Yeah, the problem is that the reports are that it's harder than EV/KP HM. Which means progression is now SM KP/EV HM KP/EV SM EC which isn't what is intended.
Progression still flows upwards so I don't understand the problem.

krinaman
04.15.2012 , 01:11 AM | #16
Progression still flows upwards so I don't understand the problem.
Okay, I'll try to explain it.

Not everybody likes/wants to do/ can do/etc "hard mode" content. While other players do like that content.

In an attempt to please both groups BW came out with mutliple difficulty levels. Story mode is for those who want a level of difficultly less than hard modes.

So let's talk about progression for these people under the current system. They do EV/KP normal mode and then.... Well then they are done. Why? Because EV/KP hardmode is more difficult than they want and the new raid on story mode is even harder. There is no progression for them. It's one raid and out. This would completely defeat the purpose of having a story mode in the first place.

A more sensible progression for the story mode crowd would be EV/KP SM followed by EC story mode with EC story mode being easier than EV/KP hard mode. Meanwhile the "hard mode" crowd can progress to EC hard mode.

Bluestone
04.15.2012 , 03:22 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
Not everybody likes/wants to do/ can do/etc "hard mode" content. While other players do like that content.
Can't please everyone and you break games if you try to please them all.

People not willing to put in effort to progress shouldn't get to see that content.

Bladedakoda
04.15.2012 , 03:56 AM | #18
Can't please everyone and you break games if you try to please them all.

People not willing to put in effort to progress shouldn't get to see that content.
Yes i am sure Bio put in all that work for only 36% of the player base to see the content. Sorry but im so sick of this kind of attitude it does nothing for the community. There should be a mode easy enough for anyone to go into and have some fun.

Just to make it clear i do raid, but i think people that don't, or might be trying it for the first time should have a easy mode.

hawkeyesfan
04.15.2012 , 06:55 AM | #19
But Bluestone they specifically said they ARE trying to please everyone. And the way they made it sound at G Summit that there would be a progression flow just for pugs and super casual small guilds, Story Mode. I don't think any one of us here arguing that point are saying it is too hard for us, because I do, will and will always spend most my time in HMs. I'm saying they are risking large chunks of subscriber base with the marked increase in difficulty from normal mode EV/KP to story mode EC.

Should it be more difficult than tier 1? Absolutely. But it seemed to me that you need to have done HM Tier 1 in order to be successful in Story Tier2 and some people simply lack the skill, time or ambition to do HMs even after they have done the normals 20 times. Say all you want about WoW but LFR was a brilliant move on their part after losing (and I've lost track) around 2 million subscribers from Wrath to Cata. Over time I forsee LFR being a design that will bring more people back or at least stabalize their subscription numbers.

This is not EQ1 or Vanilla WoW where people have to bang their heads over and over again in order to proceed. These companies have correctly (accounting wise) realized that more inclusive means more money. More money equals ability to put more into game. I'm sorry Story mode as it stands is not inclusive. People will watch the strats and still wipe for 4 hours on the 1st boss maybe out of luck get to 2nd boss in here and then out of frustration they will quit game or quit raiding get bored level alt try raiding again and quit game. I DO NOT want that to happen to this game. I, for the most part, am enjoying this game.

ADTRr
04.15.2012 , 08:22 AM | #20
Normal Mode is becoming Story Mode and will be even easier. Not really sure what part of that you fail to understand.

They said at the summit that story mode would be for people to pug, and just get a group of friends who don't raid together so they can see the content.

Clearly it is not working as intended.
Um no it is. I could clear this content with a competent group of friends you are simply assuming that brand new content that people are using trial and error for is difficult. This isnt KP or EV you cant simply walk in and take loot.