Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sroty Mode?

hawkeyesfan
04.13.2012 , 10:44 PM | #1
So I thought that story mode from now on was supposed to be even easier than story mode EV and KP? I swear I read that in one of their official press releases? We decided to do story mode tonight of the new raid to test the waters. I'd say it was more challenging than some of the HM bosses in EV and KP?

KBSIP
04.14.2012 , 12:50 AM | #2
Well the new raid is (technically) supposed to be a full "tier" above karagga and EV, so I would hope it has its own niche difficulty even on the normal settings

Diabolikx
04.14.2012 , 12:53 AM | #3
Story mode was hard but I did hear Sroty mode was off the charts

Jokingly
04.14.2012 , 01:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by hawkeyesfan View Post
So I thought that story mode from now on was supposed to be even easier than story mode EV and KP? I swear I read that in one of their official press releases? We decided to do story mode tonight of the new raid to test the waters. I'd say it was more challenging than some of the HM bosses in EV and KP?
You did not read that. Sorry.

Bladedakoda
04.14.2012 , 05:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokingly View Post
You did not read that. Sorry.
Actually he did, cause i remember reading it as well. I think it was from the guild summit.

Yup i remember them also saying this, while i have not ran it yet i saw on the PTR forums that is was also pretty hard on story mode. So i am guessing they didn't change it for live.

hawkeyesfan
04.14.2012 , 06:11 AM | #6
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/09/5-...ublics-future/

First bullet on #3. When I read this it seemed to me that story mode would be for puggers and small very casual guilds. Oh well their game, if they wanna backtrack and alienate the people they intended story mode for what do I care, I'll spend most my time in HMs anyway.

Bluestone
04.14.2012 , 10:06 PM | #7
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/09/5-...ublics-future/

First bullet on #3. When I read this it seemed to me that story mode would be for puggers and small very casual guilds. Oh well their game, if they wanna backtrack and alienate the people they intended story mode for what do I care, I'll spend most my time in HMs anyway.
That does not say that the new OP story mode would be easier than EV and KP story modes (which is what the OP claimed he read).

It says they are making story modes easier than they currently are (and EV and KP have got slightly easier in story mode).

Story mode of the new operation is easier than Hard mode of the new operation. But is not, and was never said to be easier than EV and KP story modes.

So basically is working as intended and as promised.
Harbinger [Sanctuary] Co-Leader Ode'n of the Bluestone Legacy
Harbinger [Adversity] Co-Leader K'hor of the Bluestone Legacy

hawkeyesfan
04.14.2012 , 10:34 PM | #8
If what you are saying is correct that 'On the flipside, Normal Mode is becoming Story Mode and will be even easier. The idea is that everyone will be able to see the content in Story Mode (right now only 38% of level-50 characters have stepped foot into an Operation), Hard Mode will be the main mode for organized guilds, and only the most elite players will beat Nightmare.' Then story mode EC should be EVEN easier in comparison to HM EC when you compare it to normal mode EV/KP to HM EV/KP. Is that how I am understanding you?

Cmon normal mode EV/KP first night in 10/10 without even knowing the fights, with one wipe on Fabricator in KP completely disregarding most boss mechanics. So now you want to say that I misread that normal mode being completely renamed to story mode so that, and I quote, EVERYONE will be able to see the content.

Lol look I don't care I don't have a dog in this fight. I simply observed that this raid was not as easy in comparison than previous normal modes and was actually imo more difficult than at least half of the HM bosses from the first tier. I cannot compare to nightmare because I'm just not at that point anymore raiding like I used to be in WoW. And honestly I think most encounters are lazily designed in this game with enrage timers instead of dynamic content where staying alive IS the enrage timer but that is a totally different argument. My understanding was that people who so chose could go from normal mode EV/KP into story mode EC into story mode 3rd tier etc etc ad infinitum. Not have to do up to HM of previous tier to progress to story mode next tier.

My observation was actually this....If this is the difficulty they intended for story then wow they are gonna have some unhappy casuals and people who prefer to pug at 2 am on Wednesdays because that is the only day they can raid. Time will tell and as much as they have gotten right they've gotten an equal amount wrong and I'd hate to see a game I'm enjoying lose large chunks of its subscription base.

Draxxen
04.14.2012 , 11:18 PM | #9
Story mode is as easy as EV/KP if you know the mechanics.

People are banging their heads against the wall because the strategies aren't set in stone and published on every website.

Give it a few weeks and people will be facerolling through the content.

It's pretty established that hardcore guilds go in, kill the bosses share the strats and then try harder content.

EV and kp seem like cakewalks now because you know what to do when you walk in the door. People don't know EC content yet and that is why they are having a hard time.

Hell on Story Mode you can ignore mechanics and steamroll the bosses as it stands.
Operative Healer - Iron Citadel
Cali Killed Nox
Progression Based Raiding
Now Recruiting - Apply Today

Bladedakoda
04.15.2012 , 12:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluestone View Post
That does not say that the new OP story mode would be easier than EV and KP story modes (which is what the OP claimed he read).

It says they are making story modes easier than they currently are (and EV and KP have got slightly easier in story mode).

Story mode of the new operation is easier than Hard mode of the new operation. But is not, and was never said to be easier than EV and KP story modes.

So basically is working as intended and as promised.
Normal Mode is becoming Story Mode and will be even easier. Not really sure what part of that you fail to understand.

They said at the summit that story mode would be for people to pug, and just get a group of friends who don't raid together so they can see the content.

Clearly it is not working as intended.