Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So I just spent 10 minutes in a Solo Queue Warzone and got zero reward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So I just spent 10 minutes in a Solo Queue Warzone and got zero reward

ResidentHero
04.13.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1
So yeah, I loaded into a hutball game in solo queue. Two guys had 12k HP. Another had 13k HP. Two more guys had 14k HP. It's already clear this is a loss, but I like to fight things out, I invite a challenge, and who knows, maybe the republic players on the other team are terribads. I play a healer, solo queuing can be rough, but I like a challenge. Getting abused by a well organized team for 10 minutes while they keep three DPS on me the entire game isn't my definition of fun, but it gives me a good chance to learn how to survive as a healing class under difficult circumstances. It's not like this is something I haven't done before, but it is a frustrating challenge to play a solo queue healer in a game like this. So after 10 minutes my team goes 0-6 in Hutball. I did all I could but good pre-mades are no match for a group of PuGs. I hope that for my effort I will at least get a little reward, but here is what I see at the end of the game.

http://www.freewebs.com/sliceman847/Warzone_nothing.png

0 valor, 0 commendations, 0 credits, and just to rub it in, 0 xp. I had the most healing in the warzone, and while I freely admit 197k healing isn't a great number to put up, I would like to be compensated for my efforts in at least a small way. Getting absolutely no reward is ridiculous. I knew I should have quit before the game ever began, that would have been the smart move, but I hate being that guy. But if this is how warzones are done in the future, I will have no choice but to quit games before they even start when I see a team with too many players having low HP.

HelinCarnate
04.13.2012 , 10:32 PM | #2
You get a penalty for not contributing. Not contributing in the devs eyes means you did not get many medals.

You get a pentalty on the losing side if the game ends quickly.

And they stack.

You get a penalty for playing a healer. Soon you will also get a penalty for leaving warzones. Then they will make kills in pvp damage gear. Really that is about the only thing they could do to kill the fun in pvp more.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Foenixz
04.13.2012 , 10:35 PM | #3
You have to get 3 medals
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

skarlson
04.13.2012 , 10:39 PM | #4
Correction. You get 3 medals and then you can lose and get like 20 commendations for the loss. The other team will get far more and if your server by and large sucks for numerous reasons, such as lack of gear, they will continue to suck and suck more and more as the gear gap widens curteousy of Bioware's newest epic fail. If their goal is to drive people away from PVP they are doing a great job so far.

ResidentHero
04.13.2012 , 11:16 PM | #5
Shameless bump