Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to change Map size?

JJTEAMA
04.13.2014 , 06:10 AM | #11
I have my settings set to 1600x 900 so when I log out the game my computer does not resize the display on the desktop but now that I have done this I get a huge chunk of my map cut off and I can't see the whole map it's nice that it's bigger so I can see it easier but I need to see the whole map how can this be fixed
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me

JJTEAMA
04.13.2014 , 06:16 AM | #12
I have my settings set to 1600x 900 so when I log out the game my computer does not resize the display on the desktop but now that I have done this I get a huge chunk of my map cut off and I can't see the whole map it's nice that it's bigger so I can see it easier but I need to see the whole map how can this be fixed
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me

Aloysior
10.22.2014 , 11:05 PM | #13
So I discovered this problem with the fullscreen map and then I found this thread about it,
which was started more than two years ago. :l
Something doesn't add up here... devs, I promise you can't be that busy. :P
Please fix the fullscreen map so it fits my screen even with HUD scale maxed.
The mini just doesn't show enough area for me to plot the route to my objectives.

JediQuaker
10.23.2014 , 11:42 AM | #14
Have you tried lowering the global scale factor of the GUI and then increasing the relative scale of the individual gadgets that you need the most? The relative scale goes to 1.25, same as the global, so it may be enough.

Superxphear
12.08.2014 , 03:21 AM | #15
Logged in Just to post in this as well!!

I've used a custom skin ALSO tried the original skin and made my UI VERY small.. This in turn, makes the Large MAP very small.

I would like the large map, when I press, "M" to be larger, or at least have an option to scale the large map by itself along with EVERY other window you can scale.

Please fix this. Well, I guess it doesn't need to be fixed as it isn't broken, but please add this feature to allow us people to SCALE the large map accordingly to our liking. As you can see quite a lot of other people would like this option implemented as well. not just the few in this post I guarantee if you did a poll almost everyone would like to be able to do this.

NEXT patch maybe allow FULL MAP to be scalable along with everything else under interface options?

JediQuaker
12.08.2014 , 08:29 AM | #16
I would suggest the reverse of my last post - scale up the UI until the map is the size you want, and then scale down the individual pieces you want to be smaller.
In case you don't know - when you highlight an item/window in Interface Editor, there are various options available for each, such as, enable/disable, number of slots, etc, and almost every one has a scale factor.

NYYankee
12.09.2014 , 08:58 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I would suggest the reverse of my last post - scale up the UI until the map is the size you want, and then scale down the individual pieces you want to be smaller.
In case you don't know - when you highlight an item/window in Interface Editor, there are various options available for each, such as, enable/disable, number of slots, etc, and almost every one has a scale factor.
This is what I did. [EDIT: I actually did what JediQuaker said in his first post, but both are right on] There are only a few items that I actually want to read, so it's not that hard to increase the scale on these items and leave the rest as is. I found that all I needed was to increase the chat size as well as increasing the tool tip size (I forget the name of this, but it's the help text that by default appears next to the map).

The vast majority of UI elements are covered my symbols or images. I size these individually to fit my gameplay. For example, I recently made the debuffs on me huge so I can notice if I'm hit with something. likewise, I made the buffs small, since I'm not as concerned with them in the heat of battle.

The UI customization can be intimidating, but I'd encourage everyone to spend some time getting familiar with it as fine tuning each of the UI elements can lead to a huge QOL improvement.

Deugorv
11.03.2015 , 10:27 PM | #18
Years are past and still we can't resize the map... I play on a 46 screen n i had to enlarge the global UI than resize the single ui to smaller (Due to the fact that in a screen that big, somethings need to be enlarged and the editor soes not permit to) but i really wish to see the filters on the left corner, now cutted off by the size of the map.

I know that no dev nor mod would never read this, up there is a double post since 2 year and no one correct it.
This portion of the forum is useless, every issue i searched was old of years and no one from Bioware never answered, i wander if they actually have someone employed on this forum.

Halinalle
11.03.2015 , 11:47 PM | #19
M (default button) = opens map
M when map window is open = closes map

You don't need mouse and red X on top right corner to close it.
People say tactical/veteran mode flashpoints are difficult. I would like to disagree.

Deugorv
11.05.2015 , 08:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
M (default button) = opens map
M when map window is open = closes map

You don't need mouse and red X on top right corner to close it.
And how does it help with the fact that i can't see the filters on the left corner?