Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island, ***...

CrunkShizzle
04.14.2012 , 11:36 AM | #21
Quote:
As for the testing comment, I personally tested it on the PTR and it was fine, actually, it was fun. Why was it fun? because it was challenging...
this is a casual mmo

casual and challenging dont really go well together,you must have not played world of warcraft

Syrellaris
04.14.2012 , 02:30 PM | #22
I just did this instance for a while and we wiped plenty of times on the first boss. It is quite insane on how hard this boss is. What was killing my group is the plasma arc, it spawns it to much for DPS and the healer to actualyl do anything constructive, without running around headless.

Ontop of that you got lava bursts and Adds and Incinerate. As a BH tank I noticed that the plasma arc hurts a lot, even if you touch it lightly. Without the amount of spam around it, makes it really hard. which to say is, I got to watch out for those while I dodge lava bursts from the floor, try to grab adds for the dps and also interrupt incinerate? Which if i miss it, pretty much nukes me to hell and back.

Just lower the amount of usage of Plasma Arc and the encounter will be fine and fun.
Syrel Je'Gal
▬▬▬▬▬
HandsofDarkness▬▬▬▬▬
"Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity."
The Hands of Darkness: the first SW:TOR EU based Sith RP Guild

Velvete
04.14.2012 , 02:45 PM | #23
Bosses are just fine... what is so hard about kiting the boss and interrupting or in case interrupt fails despelling incinerate ?

To be honest I would like to see more fights like these what are actually challenging ...

Nessirin
04.14.2012 , 02:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SGMRock View Post
2 ranged DPS this is the theme for everyone that says the Droid was not hard just move out of the stuff. Try it with 2 melee dps, its a whole other fight.
Tried it, one shot it. Next?

P.S to the OP. Get a better BH healer.
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow

vandana_
04.14.2012 , 02:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
I just did this instance for a while and we wiped plenty of times on the first boss. It is quite insane on how hard this boss is. What was killing my group is the plasma arc, it spawns it to much for DPS and the healer to actualyl do anything constructive, without running around headless.

Ontop of that you got lava bursts and Adds and Incinerate. As a BH tank I noticed that the plasma arc hurts a lot, even if you touch it lightly. Without the amount of spam around it, makes it really hard. which to say is, I got to watch out for those while I dodge lava bursts from the floor, try to grab adds for the dps and also interrupt incinerate? Which if i miss it, pretty much nukes me to hell and back.

Just lower the amount of usage of Plasma Arc and the encounter will be fine and fun.
No. The boss is not even remotely insanely hard. Stop QQing. If you can't kite the boss properly (avoid the middle vent area) you are supposed to die from plasma. Also, use interrupts on plasma arcs.

I think the difficulty on this fight is just fine and I love this fight for how intense it is. People like you will get this game back to the miserable trivial pre 1.2 state.
V'ox

NDiggy
04.14.2012 , 02:58 PM | #26
My only issue with this place is that you're penalized if you bring a DPS Commando. Having anyone in here without an interrupt just makes the place needlessly more difficult than it has to be.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

vandana_
04.14.2012 , 02:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
My only issue with this place is that you're penalized if you bring a DPS Commando. Having anyone in here without an interrupt just makes the place needlessly more difficult than it has to be.
2 interrupts are enough for this fight. That being said, you are right it's more difficult. Is it needlessly more difficult? That's a balancing issue.
V'ox

Destronicus
04.14.2012 , 03:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
You see there was something called Public Test that lasted a month that was open to everyone with a subscription. If you feel so compelled now that you think the FP is OP than how about testing it with everyone else instead of complaining.
You really have no idea what you are going on about do you? Yes, I will roll a new character and level him to 50 and get full rakata gear and then I can test the new flashpoint. All in less than a month or so. That's your big "I roll my eyes at you like I am better than you" answer.

Syrellaris
04.14.2012 , 03:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
No. The boss is not even remotely insanely hard. Stop QQing. If you can't kite the boss properly (avoid the middle vent area) you are supposed to die from plasma. Also, use interrupts on plasma arcs.

I think the difficulty on this fight is just fine and I love this fight for how intense it is. People like you will get this game back to the miserable trivial pre 1.2 state.
I was not crying, i was just giving my few cents. If you don't like it or do not agree with it thats your choice but at least comment normally or just keep your damn mouth shut.

I also have no problem with the damage output of the attacks, just the insane amount of spam the boss does with Plasma Arc. Combined with everything else this encounter has, its just to much. Lower the spam of Plasma Arc slightly and its fine.

Also if this boss is supposed to be kited, then Implement a visual representation of where the lava is going to shoot, don't make it a guessing game. Though I am fine with the way it is now, if they lower the plasma arc spam.
Syrel Je'Gal
▬▬▬▬▬
HandsofDarkness▬▬▬▬▬
"Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity."
The Hands of Darkness: the first SW:TOR EU based Sith RP Guild

Velvete
04.14.2012 , 03:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
I was not crying, i was just giving my few cents. If you don't like it or do not agree with it thats your choice but at least comment normally or just keep your damn mouth shut.

I also have no problem with the damage output of the attacks, just the insane amount of spam the boss does with Plasma Arc. Combined with everything else this encounter has, its just to much. Lower the spam of Plasma Arc slightly and its fine.

Also if this boss is supposed to be kited, then Implement a visual representation of where the lava is going to shoot, don't make it a guessing game. Though I am fine with the way it is now, if they lower the plasma arc spam.
Firstly there is visual representation before lava comes up secondly your DPS should be able to interrupt some of the plasma arcs ... ppl this really is not a hard fight once you understand mechanics