Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island, ***...

Dobah
04.13.2012 , 08:24 PM | #1
So what exactly is a "FLASH"point? Your in there and your out. That's how most FLASHpoints work.

Even with my group being full Rakata doing this instance we were struggling. By the time we got to the end boss I felt we were soloing Nightmare EV.

We had a bounty hunter healer with us and because of the stupid *** nerfs you did to them he had full heat before the first phase.

Was this really designed to be a flashpoint that only gives Tionese Crystals and Columi.

To be honest I don't know how a PUG would be able to do this.

Do you not test this crap before the release?
Doba- Level 50 Assassin
Guild Officer of <Omni>
Twin Spears

Dixiecup
04.13.2012 , 08:39 PM | #2
The only thing mildly difficult is the Droid, and it's not even that bad if your group can move out of blue **** and interrupt properly. I for one am glad they made this FP challenging for once.
The Twin Spears US
Scarr - 50 Darkness Assassin
Diamondfist - 50 Merc Bodyguard
<Epilogue>

Phrozenn
04.13.2012 , 08:46 PM | #3
Took us about 5 attempts on the first boss, about 4 on the 2nd(mostly on understanding the knockback), 3 on the 3rd (tried to dps from the bridge, lol) and we only took 2 attempts on the final boss. Having to learn fight's and going in blind is what makes new content fun, already knowing every mechanic and dominating new content is never how anything should be released.

Challenges are good, people don't understand that anymore and feel as though they are entitled to dominate content just because of the gear the currently possess.

our group comp btw was:

Jugg Tank
Merc/Sorc DPS
Operative Heals

TalkingDinosaur
04.13.2012 , 08:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dobah View Post
Do you not test this crap before the release?
You see there was something called Public Test that lasted a month that was open to everyone with a subscription. If you feel so compelled now that you think the FP is OP than how about testing it with everyone else instead of complaining.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Dobah
04.13.2012 , 09:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
You see there was something called Public Test that lasted a month that was open to everyone with a subscription. If you feel so compelled now that you think the FP is OP than how about testing it with everyone else instead of complaining.
Well why dont they let us put our 50's on the PTS then?
Doba- Level 50 Assassin
Guild Officer of <Omni>
Twin Spears

TheRealCandyMan
04.13.2012 , 09:44 PM | #6
Wait a minute, you mean Bioware created a flashpoint that is actually hard and takes skill to do?

I love Lost Island simply due to it's difficulty for being a flashpoint. It's basically a 4 man operation.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

LKaras
04.13.2012 , 09:54 PM | #7
I don't get it. You're mad that a Hard Mode was difficult?
-Karas Parsa - Sage
-Gray Council
-Keller's Void Refugee on Jedi Covenant

StealthStalker
04.13.2012 , 10:35 PM | #8
I pugged through it today. I healed (Operative), and was the only one who had been in there previously. Definitely took a few wipes on each boss as they got familiar with the fights, but it was fun.
Dual Targeting, any AAA MMO released today should have this included. Don't let your next one release without it.
Quote:
So what exactly is Dual Targeting? You have 2 targets available at all times, one offensive and one defensive. That's it, it's that simple.

SGMRock
04.14.2012 , 07:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrozenn View Post
Took us about 5 attempts on the first boss, about 4 on the 2nd(mostly on understanding the knockback), 3 on the 3rd (tried to dps from the bridge, lol) and we only took 2 attempts on the final boss. Having to learn fight's and going in blind is what makes new content fun, already knowing every mechanic and dominating new content is never how anything should be released.

Challenges are good, people don't understand that anymore and feel as though they are entitled to dominate content just because of the gear the currently possess.

our group comp btw was:

Jugg Tank
Merc/Sorc DPS
Operative Heals
2 ranged DPS this is the theme for everyone that says the Droid was not hard just move out of the stuff. Try it with 2 melee dps, its a whole other fight.

ADTRr
04.14.2012 , 08:53 AM | #10
BTW i called this. I said when bioware releases harder content, people will qq about it being too hard after qqing about content being too easy. Case and point