Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So voidstar ended early..... WHY!?!?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So voidstar ended early..... WHY!?!?!

Sholagar
04.13.2012 , 08:09 PM | #1
Our side defended first, they managed to get past 3 doors.

Our turn on offense came up, and we surprisingly did really well, caught them behind like sometimes happens, where they just aren't dying fast enough to respawn ahead of us, and couldn't catch up to our bomb planters on foot.

We get to our fourth door (the red security screens before the last door and database), hack the screen and BAM.

The warzone is over... we won.

Why?? We still had 3 minutes left, probably could have hacked the database.... you know the whole POINT to that friggin WZ. Who cares if it wasn't necessary to actually win... I mean does the stated goal of the WZ no longer have any bearing??

This is the final proof to me that BW itself views their WZs as no more than a grind towards equipment, nothing more.

If they want to trim some time off that WZ, eliminate their speeder trip into it. I heard that particular scene cost 300k in development, so like that won't ever happen I guess.

ZorakMalor
04.13.2012 , 08:15 PM | #2
The change you are encountering is because you beat them time wise to open the 3rd door in a quicker time than they did, ergo leaving it so you won.

If they had only gotten past 1 door, the match would have ended the moment your team cracked door number 2. This was done mostly due to the fact that by that point... you'd have won, and alot of the defenders would likely have just quit out or avoided doing anything since the match was already won by the opponents.

Frankly I welcome that change as I don't want to sit there for another 4 or 5 mins throwing myself at them for kills/medals when the final fate of the match is already known.

LoL-K-Noob
04.13.2012 , 08:19 PM | #3
Im more confused about voidstar be same faction now. Makes zero sense story wise.

HelinCarnate
04.13.2012 , 08:35 PM | #4
The game ends when there is no way for one of the teams to win. You also get a bonus if you finish fast.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.