Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some advice for future game developers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some advice for future game developers

Epini
04.13.2012 , 07:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by WarSiren View Post
Massive Open world PvP are for Zergers and bad PvPers. end of story.
Or for really elite small squads that move fast and hit hard

Eviscerater
04.13.2012 , 07:58 PM | #22
I'm missing the part where the OP gives future game developers any advice.

All this was was another QQ thread about how he doesnt like the new stuff.

WarSiren
04.13.2012 , 08:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Epini View Post
Or for really elite small squads that move fast and hit hard
Right ones that will fight bad PvPers and Zergers. No challenge or competition there. I've doe it in DAoC while fun at times, not really, real competitive PvP.
The Koda Legacy
Master Zhar Lestin OK Who Pulled
Tythona ~ ~ M'alice ~ ~ Promethea ~ ~ Caliya
Juggernaut ~~~ Assassin ~~~ Sniper ~~~ Powertech

DasHillBilly
04.13.2012 , 08:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cormeacru View Post
Ok, perhaps I attacked more than I should have. The point I'm trying to make, is that that no person or company can answer the "I wants" of thousands of people in a manner that is A. going to please everyone and B. what those poeple will consider a timely fashion. Give them time. Hang out with your firends and enjoy what parts of the game you can. Be patient. And dont expect a game that has to cater to the desires of millions to cater specifically to you or even one subset of those millions. At least not at first. 4 months makes this game still in its infancy.
As you stated earlier there's a lot of games out there, so why would anyone give them time?

I would not throw money into a game that at many points feels like a beta version of a game. Especially considering how strong a firm is behind it, they should have enough money to be able to come out with a product that doesn't make people quit in large hordes.

You also have to consider what name the game carries, Star Wars, the name alone is expensive to use. So ofc a lot of people were hoping for a better game as they see now.

I personally unsubbed, because I am having trouble to see the Biowares visions for this game, but a meager wow copy, just with pew pew and light sabers. I hoped for new ideas from a firm as Bioware.

One thing I really liked was the storyline, it was one aspect of the game I found was well produced. I am not really into reading a lot and watching a lot of cutscenes. But these were well made, with a nice pinch of humour. But coming down to that, A single player game like Skyrim or Fallout seem like a better choice.

Which ultimately brought me to the conclusion that it was time for me to unsub. If you still enjoy the game and feel it is your money worth, then by all means invest in what you feel like can entertain you.

WarSiren
04.13.2012 , 08:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DasHillBilly View Post
As you stated earlier there's a lot of games out there, so why would anyone give them time?

Because you like the over all feel of the game, the story and where it can go.. and you're sick to death of Elves and Dragons?

Crazy I know right? I mean to like something and wanting it to grow because you like it.. I mean just insane.
The Koda Legacy
Master Zhar Lestin OK Who Pulled
Tythona ~ ~ M'alice ~ ~ Promethea ~ ~ Caliya
Juggernaut ~~~ Assassin ~~~ Sniper ~~~ Powertech

Epini
04.13.2012 , 08:04 PM | #26
Right ones that will fight bad PvPers and Zergers. No challenge or competition there. I've doe it in DAoC while fun at times, not really, real competitive PvP.
You get all kinds of stuff.. the best was the other good groups you could run into anytime..anywhere..you were always looking over your shoulder ..

Basically my point is an MMO should incorporate this type of PvP..not to the exclusion of WZs ..rated pvp ..it should ALL be available and rewarding.

DasHillBilly
04.13.2012 , 08:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eviscerater View Post
I'm missing the part where the OP gives future game developers any advice.

All this was was another QQ thread about how he doesnt like the new stuff.
If I should give any advice, and I probably shouldn't.

Stop looking a WOW, the brand is now so strong so trying to compete with that game on Blizzards terms is suicide.

People leaving WOW is looking for something else, and a new universe with lightsabers won't cut it. You need to focus your attention to why people left WOW and not how to make a make over for a wow clone.

DasHillBilly
04.13.2012 , 08:10 PM | #28
Because you like the over all feel of the game, the story and where it can go.. and you're sick to death of Elves and Dragons?

Crazy I know right? I mean to like something and wanting it to grow because you like it.. I mean just insane.
You do know there's a lot of MMOs who doesn't have elves etc.? So your try at being sarcastic and smirk kinda back fires here.

Anyway I see by your remark alone, no decent discussion will come out of it. Everyone who doesn't love SWOTR needs a sarcastic remark, which ofc just makes my previous comment stronger.

Fidopro
04.13.2012 , 08:12 PM | #29
I honestly counldnt finsh reading after he said he had two 50BM chars and all he did was PvP

but it was the worst pvp he ever played

who spends countless hours doing something they despise so much?

Epini
04.13.2012 , 08:20 PM | #30
I had hope..hope keeps ya going...plus..like I said PvP is about all I like to do..bad pvp is better than good other stuff i suppose...MY friends are here so i play here.

And unfortunately the MMO world is fairly WOW clone dominated so there isnt much else to play.. EVE is very good but I'm not a space guy that much.