Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some advice for future game developers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some advice for future game developers

Epini
04.13.2012 , 07:25 PM | #11
Oh buddy..like I said I knew this in beta.. I "hoped" they would make improvements.

I hate having to post this. I did say what "I" liked and wanted.

I'm quite sure I am not the only one.

I watched hours of the guildmaster meeting looking for clues to the mindset of the devs.

It was clear that not only do they not share my likes and dislikes they actually despise the type of game i hoped for. This patch was a step away from the changes I hoped for.

When they dismissively say that "open world is the wild west". or say "you were lucky you even got "say" chat with the other side....

It's pretty clear that their vision for pvp is far across the spectrum from what I hoped for.

They are fully WZ focused 8 v 8 mini games. The need for fast deaths in order to make objective taking possible in a 10 minute game... 10 minutes?? i literally used to have 1V1 that lasted longer than that.

Yes the WZs are fun and well made.. I do like them.. but not as a main game focus
----------------------

I'll be here for my guild .. my friends.. if it were just me I'd have gone months ago.

---------------------

Sadly I will tell you the future for this game.

Without drastic changes in vision it is about to die. PvP is only one of the problems this game has. Perhaps not the worst one as a commercial interest goes.

Because this "I" centered post is indicative of thousands of other "I"s

Talarchy
04.13.2012 , 07:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dashillbilly View Post
sadly i have to sign this statement from you.

It had the potential to be really good though...
> qft
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

cormeacru
04.13.2012 , 07:38 PM | #13
Ok, perhaps I attacked more than I should have. The point I'm trying to make, is that that no person or company can answer the "I wants" of thousands of people in a manner that is A. going to please everyone and B. what those poeple will consider a timely fashion. Give them time. Hang out with your firends and enjoy what parts of the game you can. Be patient. And dont expect a game that has to cater to the desires of millions to cater specifically to you or even one subset of those millions. At least not at first. 4 months makes this game still in its infancy.

anticept
04.13.2012 , 07:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Epini View Post
As this post seems likely to have no real impact on a game I had hopes for I have addressed it to the future.

I have 2 level 50's War Hero + rank with full BM gear ...PvPd Non-stop since before launch.

I am and always have been a PvP centered player and this game delivers the worst pvp I have ever played in an MMO

Endless WZs are not at all what i care or have ever cared for in an MMO. That is for Xbox. Not something I care for much either.
Your points make no sense mate you claim to be a pvp player at heart and have 2 WHs ?! yet still you cant stomach endless WZs that are in the worst OWpvp game ever ... like *** either youre really clueless or you just rant random stuff without thinking. Just stop playing ?

And when you title a thread make the content actually about the title not a hissyfit about things that bother you which is basicly everything in game.

Now im not saying that 1.2 isnt the worst patch ever (which it is) conserning PVP but pre 1.2 this game was actually pretty good in terms of pvp balance you struggled against some classes and won easily against some but a good player rarely got stomped by inferior player no matter the class.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
This has nothing to do with what server it is.This bug is on all servers.

DasHillBilly
04.13.2012 , 07:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cormeacru View Post
You make a big flashy point about it being a "MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE" game, then fill your post with the words 'I LIKE" over and over and over. Your advice to future game developers is then, "build only what I like"? Perhaps you dont actually understand the term "Massively Multiplayer?

If you arent happy with a game that is 4 months old, and you dont have the patience to see how the Dev's make changes in the coming months and years, shut up and take a hike. No ones forcing you to stay here. Devleoping patches and changes takes time, so stop being so melodramatic. There are plenty of games out there that have years of devleopment under their belts, and none of them started out perfect. Be patient, or head back to one of those. Reading posts like this is like having a direct link to an overly eloquent 6 year olds ego-driven mind. All "me, me, me" and no patience.
Instead of making personal attacks on people posting, why don't you explain why this game according to you is worth paying for?

And why are you making a personal attack in the first place? From what I am reading from your post it sounds more like we all should have the same attitude as you. It is ok that you want to defend the game, and I am not calling you out as a fanboy.

I also know a lot of MMO sometimes consist of a hardcore fanbase, that take a critiscm of the game they are playing like a religious person would on his religion.

Yes the game is not that old yet, but I think people are also considering the firm behind it. Is it a big firm with a big name. I would say it's not under the category amateur firm, so people as a result expect a professional product. A lot of people feel they have been cheated from the early promises from the devs. Both about the open pvp "Illum" none existent to other features. People also feel a lack of endgame content, and this has actually nothing to do with it being a new game. The devs should ofc develop the game as the playbase is progressing. In this case it feels like SWOTR was a beta and the devs are trying to catch up, which I personally wouldn't expect from a strong brand like Bioware.

So yes people being dissapointed about the seemingly untested patches etc. are only understandable.

However people like you who thinks everything is just dandy compared to how old the game is, should ofc also be able to make their statement. However you personally assaulting other people does not really leave serious impact on anyone. Quite the opposite frankly. People would think that it's only people who are unable to discuss matters in a mature way without making personal assault, who are pro this game in it's current state.

cormeacru
04.13.2012 , 07:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DasHillBilly View Post
Instead of making personal attacks on people posting, why don't you explain why this game according to you is worth paying for?

And why are you making a personal attack in the first place? From what I am reading from your post it sounds more like we all should have the same attitude as you. It is ok that you want to defend the game, and I am not calling you out as a fanboy.

I also know a lot of MMO sometimes consist of a hardcore fanbase, that take a critiscm of the game they are playing like a religious person would on his religion.

Yes the game is not that old yet, but I think people are also considering the firm behind it. Is it a big firm with a big name. I would say it's not under the category amateur firm, so people as a result expect a professional product. A lot of people feel they have been cheated from the early promises from the devs. Both about the open pvp "Illum" none existent to other features. People also feel a lack of endgame content, and this has actually nothing to do with it being a new game. The devs should ofc develop the game as the playbase is progressing. In this case it feels like SWOTR was a beta and the devs are trying to catch up, which I personally wouldn't expect from a strong brand like Bioware.

So yes people being dissapointed about the seemingly untested patches etc. are only understandable.

However people like you who thinks everything is just dandy compared to how old the game is, should ofc also be able to make their statement. However you personally assaulting other people does not really leave serious impact on anyone. Quite the opposite frankly. People would think that it's only people who are unable to discuss matters in a mature way without making personal assault, who are pro this game in it's current state.
lol, look up 2 posts, buddy. I already admitted I shouldnt have attacked =)

DirtyDiggler
04.13.2012 , 07:51 PM | #17
my advice to future mmo makers is to not include forums, forums are the end all to good mmos

cormeacru
04.13.2012 , 07:54 PM | #18
and for the record, I'll admit it....I am a fanboy. /hangs head in shame.

WarSiren
04.13.2012 , 07:55 PM | #19
Massive Open world PvP are for Zergers and bad PvPers. end of story.
The Koda Legacy
Master Zhar Lestin OK Who Pulled
Tythona ~ ~ M'alice ~ ~ Promethea ~ ~ Caliya
Juggernaut ~~~ Assassin ~~~ Sniper ~~~ Powertech

Epini
04.13.2012 , 07:56 PM | #20
Nah forums in a pvp game can be as good as the PvP if they let ya...but rare is company that will let you seriously open fire...