Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damage broken?

me_unknown
04.13.2012 , 07:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeel_Aldair View Post
Check out the tooltip on Expertise: Everyone is dealing more damage, reducing damage less, and healers are healing people for less. So yep - everyone is dying much faster as a result.

Seems that's what Bioware wants.
check out the tooltip: it is not explaining the huge difference after and before the patch, not even close! beside of this many reported the same issue in <50 bracket and in pve where expertise does not play any rol at all!

caimesv
04.13.2012 , 07:22 PM | #12
but its seems only rep players get to die fast..

Noctournys
04.13.2012 , 07:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by me_unknown View Post
check out the tooltip: it is not explaining the huge difference after and before the patch, not even close! beside of this many reported the same issue in <50 bracket and in pve where expertise does not play any rol at all!
Agreed... the difference between mitigation and extra damage is 3-5% depending on expertise levels.

It doesnt explain the giant damage differences im seeing.

My money is on the damage reduction portion just isn't working at all. A 19% increase in damage dealt to me feels...

almost exactly like what happened.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

me_unknown
04.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by caimesv View Post
but its seems only rep players get to die fast..
no, it does not seem like this at all

caimesv
04.13.2012 , 07:29 PM | #15
no, it does not seem like this at all
bet u r an imp player lulz

Teabaker
04.13.2012 , 07:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post
Agreed... the difference between mitigation and extra damage is 3-5% depending on expertise levels.

It doesnt explain the giant damage differences im seeing.

My money is on the damage reduction portion just isn't working at all. A 19% increase in damage dealt to me feels...

almost exactly like what happened.
I tried it in a duel, expertise seems to be working. At least normal and kinetic-damage.
Thexy/Vusken/Fusken

Zeel_Aldair
04.13.2012 , 07:39 PM | #17
Actually - yeah. After having done several WZs now and looking at the % differences, something definitely seems off. As a tank I'm dying way, way faster than before. As has been said it feels more like that 19% difference rather than just 3-5%, as if you're not even getting the DR at all, but that can't be right. I dunno what's up.

Noctournys
04.13.2012 , 07:54 PM | #18
Actually - yeah. After having done several WZs now and looking at the % differences, something definitely seems off. As a tank I'm dying way, way faster than before. As has been said it feels more like that 19% difference rather than just 3-5%, as if you're not even getting the DR at all, but that can't be right. I dunno what's up.
Im a sniper in full Battlemaster - just a hair shy of 950 expertise at the moment (some mods got moved around).

I explode when another DPS gets on me. Sentinels and Marauders, which used to be a tough fight that i could sometimes win, i am n ow dead in 3-5 globals, every single time. They can now blow someone up within the duration of their virtual immunity bubble.

Tankasins/Shadows are similarly unhinged. I cant even hurt them despite my gear being drowned in accuracy, ive been getting chain-deflects left and right. And while thats happening, im getting stomped into the earth.

Im taking WAY more damage than i used to despite having WAY more expertise (as a ratio) than previously (i got my last three BM pieces the day before the patch and day of the patch by having 1000/1000 ready to turn in) and blowing up like a melon if i eve get looked at sideways. Something HAS to be off.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

Teabaker
04.13.2012 , 09:00 PM | #19
Yep, exactly this. Our DPS-Juggernaut in tankstance is also dying in a couple of GCD
Thexy/Vusken/Fusken