Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost island HM, lol seriously Bioware?

deanth
04.14.2012 , 09:40 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SGMRock View Post
You guys that breezed through it. Did you have 2 ranged dps? LR-51 was way hard with 2 melee we tried it with, we could not kill the thing. I will say though that 3 of the group were mostly columi where as I was mostly rakata on mine. Maybe we were undergeared some dunno.
It's all tactics, minding your surroundings and a whole lot more of team coordination.

We did it with 3 melees on HM died once on each boss including bonus. Guardian (Tank - half rakata half columi), sentinel(dps - columi), scoundrel(dps - rakata) and Sage (healer - columi). When doing sentinel droid with 3 melees, you will have to fight all around the room, with tank moving from side to side and front to center to back, everyone needs to know where they are going.

Castiel
04.14.2012 , 10:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by deanth View Post
It's all tactics, minding your surroundings and a whole lot more of team coordination.

We did it with 3 melees on HM died once on each boss including bonus. Guardian (Tank - half rakata half columi), sentinel(dps - columi), scoundrel(dps - rakata) and Sage (healer - columi). When doing sentinel droid with 3 melees, you will have to fight all around the room, with tank moving from side to side and front to center to back, everyone needs to know where they are going.
Which is *********** stupid. It means you can NOT pug it... I'm losing faith.

NigeldeJ
06.11.2012 , 09:08 AM | #23
You'd be better of running EV HM, cause you also get the Rakata chest there, +Rakata Legs, Gloves, Boots and OH, + a Columi piece for every other slot except ear. It's much easier, you don't need to have any Rakata pieces at all. And you get a lot of Columi commendations, crafting schematics, crafting goods, etc. And it takes about an hour if you do it well.

YeknomStun
06.11.2012 , 09:47 AM | #24
This fp is more about execution than gear, you don't need full columi/rakata to clear it. If you are that geared and having that much trouble, work on strategy/execution.

It is a difficult fp, but definitely a welcome challenge, I'd take it over a face roll fp any day.

ninja_skillet
06.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #25
im sorry what? you just need a coordinated group, i (a rakata/columi/BH tank) and a group of fresh 50s ran it with LITTLE issue. Vent/Mumble/Skype/TS is your friend
NinjaSkillets
Jedi Guardian Of Canderous Ordo
Synergy
I like skittles

mcburly
06.11.2012 , 10:09 AM | #26
The loot is fine. Lets not forget that the weekly you do to run this FP and the other rakghoul one rewards 6 Blackhole Comms. Basically it has something of interest for everyone.

My issue with the FP is that the first boss is not melee friendly at all. I play a marauder and I wont waste my time unless the other DPS is ranged. I like a challenge but Im not a fan of how the difficulty is worse the more melee you have. Thats lazy design IMO. They shoulda made it so that there is a little different of a strategy at least if you are melee focused.
Marauder epicness

Brittaany_Banks
06.11.2012 , 10:41 AM | #27
Listen. I fully understand the argument against this flashpoints difficulty vs reward but the simple fact of the matter is this.......

You are not doing this FP for the loot. You are doing it for the BH comms you'll get from it as well as for the challenge. If you want/need Rakata gear then do EV, or KP HM. That is just the brass tacks of it plain and simple.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

DarkLordKreytus
06.11.2012 , 10:43 AM | #28
not sure i have experienced the same issues as everyone else, ive 3 manned this entire instance two seperate times, both times with a melee dps and me as a merc healer (from talking to other healers on the server we are currently the worst off of the 3) rather then a gear check i would say this is a brain check as ive also done it with a fairly fresh 50 with like 14k hp

JamieM
06.11.2012 , 11:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Listen. I fully understand the argument against this flashpoints difficulty vs reward but the simple fact of the matter is this.......

You are not doing this FP for the loot. You are doing it for the BH comms you'll get from it as well as for the challenge. If you want/need Rakata gear then do EV, or KP HM. That is just the brass tacks of it plain and simple.
Absolutely. The reward is either the Rakata chest from the last boss and/or the BH commendations from the weekly. The instance is hard but that is what the player based asked for since all HMs before LI were so easy they were becoming boring. LI HM serves as a brilliant (albeit steep) introduction to the world of quick reflexes (interrupts), gear checks (dps races and heal output) and varied boss mechanics that are necessary in EC and most especially EC HM. It is challenging yet hard enough so that even with good gear you still have to pay attention and play well - making its popularity assured while the level cap is 50.

I'd say If you can gather 2 groups who can each reliably finish LI HM in around 60 mins, you are defnitely ready for EC HM (skill wise).

Overlord_Baal
06.11.2012 , 11:16 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post

Finally, I was worried no one in this forum would relize this. This flashpoint I only run once a week and that is for the black hole comms. That is pretty much the only reason to run it, and good enough a reason. When you are full rakata and are trying to save up black hole comms doing this fp every week adds up. The difficulty I find in this fp is finding the right group. Hopefully after server transfers and group finder, I will be able to find a group every week.
The Eldrazi Legacy
Laharl Level 50 Marauder - Damage
Kozilek Level 50 Operative - Medic
Ke'al Level 37 Sage - Damage