Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost island HM, lol seriously Bioware?

Starlinkk
04.14.2012 , 01:41 AM | #11
i finished it in 1h and 30 min :

3 try on 1st boss

3 try on second

2 try on 4th

1 on last O.o

At last it isn t so hard..

Diora
04.14.2012 , 01:51 AM | #12
ok people, how about a little perspective?

You're whining about a flashpoint that drops THREE pieces of Columi gear, a Rakata piece, and possible mounts/pets....

Lets not forget that every previous hard mode flashpoint has dropped ONE piece of Columi. one.

This flashpoint literally SHOWERS you with loot. I, for one, am glad you have to work a little bit to get it.

Saseav
04.14.2012 , 04:13 AM | #13
while the gear is... underwhelming
i must say its rather challenging(we all had some rakata at least)
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Bladedakoda
04.14.2012 , 04:53 AM | #14
It's stupid imho, if all but last boss drop Columi gear, then it should be able to be cleared with almost everyone in Tionese gear. People having problems on some bosses in almost full Rakata gear is just crazy. Sure make the places harder but for the love of god stop using gear check to do it.

Not only is it lazy on Bio's part, it's also no fun at all spending 3 hours as some have claimed, and alot of credits to clear a fp.

Bobiefatt
04.14.2012 , 06:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
Someone is complaining about Columi drops on every boss in a FP?

Sorry it isn't easy enough for you to master.
The point is you need a close to full rakata group to do it.
We where all 4 full rakata or close to it.

That makes no sence, there is no reward to complete the instance.
Doing a KP NiM is easier.
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Bobiefatt
04.14.2012 , 06:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
I really hate to say this, but it sounds like personal failure. If you are as well geared as you claim, then you're on a similar playing field as we are. We just breezed through this flashpoint on hard mode with a commando (BH to you) healer and he never had any problems whatsoever. We also one shot the last boss, having never done it on hard mode before. It's not very hard to stay out of circles on the ground, honestly. Lost Island is a great flashpoint, imho. And seeing as this patch was the "tier 2" patch, it makes sense for it to be more difficult. The rewards (rakata for a flashpoint?) reflect that.
If you read my post you can see im not complaining about the difficulty.
Its the drops in there that don't match the difficulty.

We could have taken the last boss, but after 3 and a half hours in there, knowing he drops a drop we already have we couden't bother realy.

Bobiefatt
04.14.2012 , 06:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bladedakoda View Post
It's stupid imho, if all but last boss drop Columi gear, then it should be able to be cleared with almost everyone in Tionese gear. People having problems on some bosses in almost full Rakata gear is just crazy. Sure make the places harder but for the love of god stop using gear check to do it.

Not only is it lazy on Bio's part, it's also no fun at all spending 3 hours as some have claimed, and alot of credits to clear a fp.
What he said.

SGMRock
04.14.2012 , 07:37 AM | #18
You guys that breezed through it. Did you have 2 ranged dps? LR-51 was way hard with 2 melee we tried it with, we could not kill the thing. I will say though that 3 of the group were mostly columi where as I was mostly rakata on mine. Maybe we were undergeared some dunno.

TheRedNalroni
04.14.2012 , 07:43 AM | #19
Its a great difficulty.

Im not in full rakata and cleared this instance in about an hour and a half.
It was difficult but not insanely diffcult.
85% of the time it was learning the mechanics of the fight.
Im not judging it on my one time in there.

Im sure my next time in there it will be cleared in under and hour and some of the columi will be welcome.

You cannot base an opinion on difficulty based on an uneducated first time experience. Ofcourse its going to be the worst experience of the place as you havent learned the fights.

TY Bioware a big thumbs up and hope most future content is this level for a 'HM' or harder plix

cshouston
04.14.2012 , 08:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobiefatt View Post
If you read my post you can see im not complaining about the difficulty.
Its the drops in there that don't match the difficulty.

We could have taken the last boss, but after 3 and a half hours in there, knowing he drops a drop we already have we couden't bother realy.
Well, if you read your post, you're complaining that you're barely beating enrage timers, you can't keep up with heals, and it took you over 3 hours just to get to the last boss. That's just insanity, if you ask me. The instance is not that difficult, especially if you're geared as well as you claim.

The fact of the matter is, in full Rakata, we absolutely breezed this instance (yes, even with melee dps). If you threw us in half and half Columi/Tionese, I'm pretty darned certain we could still get through it and get awesome rewards for our effort. Will it be HARD? YES! It is hard mode after all. It isn't meant to be hard for people that outgear it (and it isn't).