Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magnolia
04.15.2012 , 08:47 PM | #901
Rewarding an in-game playstyle with real world money is a BAD IDEA. It's bad PR, and it's got nothing to do with game loyalty. I've been in SWTOR since beta, and pre-purchased long before release. Now, because I have all the aforementioned real life "barriers" to hours of playing, and a penchant for RP and altitis, suddenly MY real life loyalty isn't as good as another person with a different playstyle.

Here's one older-than-mature adult's response to this:

You suck, Devs.

(EDIT) I should have added in my Cancel My Subscription customer service note that I have a larger than average disposable income and a history of buying a lot of game extras. It would probably mean more to them than the ethical arguments.

Styxx
04.15.2012 , 08:58 PM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by Daelars View Post
I can see how u might think people SHOULD be 50 or legacy 6 but the fact is some people have lives that have been here since day one and might not be there yet. I think that they deserve it more than someone who leveled to 50 in a week. As i said award the 50s and high legacy people IN GAME with gear pets etc... NOT by saying here is 15 bucks good job!!!
2 questions:

1. Why do you think you deserve it more? Because you do.. what, precisely?
2. Are you paying those $15 out of your own pocket? - before you answer, I am also a subscriber.

Cellanoid
04.15.2012 , 09:06 PM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
2 questions:

2. Are you paying those $15 out of your own pocket? - before you answer, I am also a subscriber.
Answer your first question with a question: Do you think anyone deserves a free month? If so, why only the level 50's or Legacy level 6's? What makes them deserve it more than someone who has been supporting the game just as much as the level 50?

Once again, if this was something as far as an in-game pet, title, or mount, I would not care. But free money is free money and yes, I'm gonna rage about it.
Only subscribers have the privilege of forum Signatures. Subscribe today to earn yours! Or you can purchase it with 150 Cartel Coins!

Woden
04.15.2012 , 09:14 PM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
Rewarding an in-game playstyle with real world money is a BAD IDEA. It's bad PR, and it's got nothing to do with game loyalty. I've been in SWTOR since beta, and pre-purchased long before release. Now, because I have all the aforementioned real life "barriers" to hours of playing, and a penchant for RP and altitis, suddenly MY real life loyalty isn't as good as another person with a different playstyle.

Here's one older-than-mature adult's response to this:

You suck, Devs.

(EDIT) I should have added in my Cancel My Subscription customer service note that I have a larger than average disposable income and a history of buying a lot of game extras. It would probably mean more to them than the ethical arguments.
Throwing this kind of stuff in their face or anyone's is better. Older-than-mature doesn't mean much apparently. If you can't reach legacy level 6 in 6 days from now then that's on you. They aren't responsible for your real life. What you do with your time and your money shouldn't be brought back on a company that has made a solid game and is progressing in the right direction.
Live or die, decide quickly!

Daelars
04.15.2012 , 09:29 PM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
2 questions:

reread my posts in this thread i got the 30 days i am here defending other people that deserve it in my opinion. And yes i have 3 month reoccurring and pay for it!! some people lol.

Styxx
04.15.2012 , 09:38 PM | #906
Quote: Originally Posted by Daelars View Post
reread my posts in this thread i got the 30 days i am here defending other people that deserve it in my opinion. And yes i have 3 month reoccurring and pay for it!! some people lol.
That is not what I asked...

Quote:
Do you think anyone deserves a free month? to be completely honest.. I don`t care either way. I will still pay my sub. One more or less makes no difference. But I won`t rush the Forum and throw tantrums because I didn`t get it.

If so, why only the level 50's or Legacy level 6's? Can be all level 10`s. Or legacy 50. Or valor 22.22... just a target as any... probably this suits the best the intended "target player". Ultimately it`s cherry-picking.

What makes them deserve it more than someone who has been supporting the game just as much as the level 50?This is not about DESERVE. This is about a gift. You get gifts for various ... noteworthy milestones. You don`t usually get gifts for only being there.

MadHobbit
04.15.2012 , 10:15 PM | #907
ok so we have about 6 days to get to 50, one of which will be a server downtime for maintance. considering what happened last time ,why do i feel this is a bad thing?

i resubbed for a month which expires on tues/wed if they do my free day right. I started a JC(about 28 days ago), and have her to lvl 35, but am enjoying the storylines,and such(which should be the intent)

i could easly get to 50 by powerlvling and avoiding the class stories by tues/wed.

but why should i rush my self just for a few dollars. It would be like buying a great book, then not reading it just reading the Cliff notes.

and of course now we also have this infection. I wonder if we could call it a computer virus?

theUndead
04.15.2012 , 10:42 PM | #908
Quote: Originally Posted by MrHibGib View Post
Golly gee, thanks!

But seriously . . . this is unacceptable. Once again, you seem to be missing the point. Some of us have been here since release, some of us signed up for for the six month "discount", some have big boy/girl jobs and can't play on mommy and daddy's dime (college), and some of us are burnt out on a game that promised so much, but delivered so very little; so we're looking for a little understanding and appreciation here.

Instead, we're given a "If you played THIS much, you'll be rewarded." No, screw that. I've been playing since launch, I purchased six months, I'm bored out of my freaking mind at level 44, and playing this static, lifeless game is just a step above chewing on cardboard.

You've lost me as a customer. *insert "See you in-game", "So long" or whatever comments are currently in favor*

I tried. I really, really, really tried. I wanted this game to succeed so much. I loathe WoW and there isn't another, currently available, MMO that even has a chance of holding my interest, but without a doubt, SWToR is a horrible game.

I'm sorry, but it's not me, it's you.

Thank you EA for botching a game with untold amounts of potential. Thank you Lucasarts for continuing your abject spiral of mediocrity. Thank you George Lucas for becoming the Ahab of the Star Wars franchise - epitomizing poor judgement, a disdain for the fans, and tunnel vision "creativity". I'd "thank" Bioware, but I (naively?) want to believe that they gave (and continue to give) it their all. Sadly, they were saddled with the weight of two megalomaniacal entities - EA and Lucas.

Later.

No actually it is you, I do not know how many times people are going to have to say this but this game is still young and it is growing. For many people the fact they release new content quickly and honestly try to fix and address bugs at a fast rate is nothing short of praiseworthy.to have players moan and groan that they weren't included yet still be rewarded is pretty impressive if you ask me.

if your so bored by all means go play something else as the majority of players are happy.
Also to prove a point I also have a job and I am still able to find time and play and ENJOY myself.

Finally the fact that you use large complicated words to try justify the notion that your unhappy with the companies just shows that you are just a person who will never be happy so good riddance.

Have a good day and long live true STARWARS FANS, good job Bioware you keep doing a better and better job keep it up
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

CygnusMX
04.16.2012 , 12:00 AM | #909
I doubt many people really that upset about the free month.
They ARE ENTITLED to express how they feel about the misdirected gesture based on a ridiculouse premise.And they admit its misdirected , otherwise WHY CHANGE it or try to FIX it.

I'm sure some 30 day new boy going to get their panties tied in a knot and wave their little cookie around because they are incapable of allowing people the entitlement to express valid dissapointment in an obviouse PR F'Up.

Everytime someone expresses a valid and reasonable negative response to a promo F'Up ( Yes a Promo F'up Because they felt a need to try and FIX the F'up and with good reason) there is someone who wasnt effected that screams bloody murder "You Dont Deserve It" You Dont Contribute because of your Gameing Style,work schedual, Life style,you have children ,Your playing the game wrong, My gameing style is right yours is wrong......bla bla bla whine whine whine

If you werent effected, eat your little cookie, No one cares that you got your little cookie.

Resentful attitudes towards people who are responding to a definate misguided misdirected promo (yes Misguided Misdirected promo that required a FIX) that back fired.Is also misguided misdirected maliciouse unfounded and irrelevant and should be disregarded and devalued as useless opinion as they remain uneffected by this PR F'up that needed a fix.
Now I know there are plenty of people that are not skipping around waiving their little cookie around as if their little cookie really is the center point of the argument,But unfotunately there are New boys waiving their little cookie around and scolding people as if people dissaprove that they got their little cookie.
No one cares about your little cookie,People are discussing poor public relations that is admittedly poor because it required a fix.Last I heard fixing a mistake is admitting that there is a mistake,you dont fix whats not broken.
A promo F'up that required fixing is the issue.
Do not worry its not a personal attack on your little cookie....your cookie is safe and sound.
Bad promotion that required a fix is the issue.

corlanicus
04.16.2012 , 12:14 AM | #910
This indeed fair to those who didnt play all the way through 50 but did play an active long time with more characters. this doesnt cut any of the players who have invested this much time and effort. Great job Bioware.