Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pawlas
04.14.2012 , 07:34 AM | #651
Wow, I...... dont know what to say.....
Bioware, i am really sorry that i doubted you, you ******* rock!

Ackzurath
04.14.2012 , 07:38 AM | #652
Bioware had a problem with a decision and managed to come up with a worse solution! Gratz!
They are saying that the money spent in the game is different, a player that pays his monthly fee but dont play as much as others cant get the 30 days bonus! Is my money or support any lower because I didnt reach some lvl threshold in game??
Great thinking BW!

You should have expanded this promotion to players that are paying you since launch and not using some gametime as rules!
BW is basically saying they dont care about the casual players. We are already punished with lack of time to play and now have to pay more...

zorroazul
04.14.2012 , 07:39 AM | #653
My Godness! This challenge is just to good to miss...a week to reach lvl 50 or legacy 6? I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna take it!

djlowballer
04.14.2012 , 07:42 AM | #654
I am very happy with this turn of events since I finally hit 50 today! I wish it were for all others who paid subscriptions since launch but that won't stop me from being happy about a free month.

Pawlas
04.14.2012 , 07:43 AM | #655
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackzurath View Post
Bioware had a problem with a decision and managed to come up with a worse solution! Gratz!
They are saying that the money spent in the game is different, a player that pays his monthly fee but dont play as much as others cant get the 30 days bonus! Is my money or support any lower because I didnt reach some lvl threshold in game??
Great thinking BW!

You should have expanded this promotion to players that are paying you since launch and not using some gametime as rules!
BW is basically saying they dont care about the casual players. We are already punished with lack of time to play and now have to pay more...
You have time until 22 april, you can make it

Deewe
04.14.2012 , 07:44 AM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackzurath View Post
Great thinking BW!

Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelGonzo View Post
My original post was that Bioware have to be very careful in defining what makes a valuable player and so do you.
BioWare definition
  • = person who left the game and comes back: +7 days free
  • = person who rushed to level 50: +30 days free
  • = person who'll grind legacy level 6 in a few days: +30 days free
  • =/= person who kept subscribed and levelled very casually: nothing
  • =/= person who rerolled on less empty server: nothing
  • =/= person who made alts on different servers: nothing

Mine: +30 free time
  • = Kept subscibed for at least 3 months in a row and did not leave the game
Special in game rewards would go to:
  • = Been there at launch or first month, because not everyone was able to activate their
    accounts day 1, and kept subscribed without interruption since then.

Airehn
04.14.2012 , 07:47 AM | #657
Ok....noob question of the day... I can't find out what Legacy Level I am currently.

Where is it located in the game?

Forum Join Date: 02.27.2011
Game Purchased: 07.22.2011
First level 50: 04.18.2012

Kubernetic
04.14.2012 , 07:51 AM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by Airehn View Post
Ok....noob question of the day... I can't find out what Legacy Level I am currently.

Where is it located in the game?

When you reach the end of Chapter 1 on your first character to reach that point, you get a Legacy window prompt to create your Legacy Name that carries across all characters.

Once this is done, your Legacy XP bar appears in purpoe just under the green XP bar. This defaults at the very bottom of the interface screen, but after 1.2, you might have moved it elsewhere.

Either way, just find your regular leveling XP bar and it is the purple one just underneath that.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Sethbacca
04.14.2012 , 07:56 AM | #659
I'm not included in this as I'm just an infrequently able to play level 47, but I think this is way more equitable to the altoholics out there that have multiple level 40s/30s/etc. Bravo BW for listening to your community.
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█|{█████████OBSCURRUM TORRENS██████████████ị

Airehn
04.14.2012 , 07:57 AM | #660
I see the bar, and I have my "brother" and his "girlfriend" set up in my Legacy, but I don't know what Level I am. o.O\

I press Y... and I don't see it.

Just a bunch of moves and abilities that I can't access yet.

EDIT -- Legacy Level 4. Had to go into Interface Editor and make it larger so my mouse would actually hover over the bar.
Forum Join Date: 02.27.2011
Game Purchased: 07.22.2011
First level 50: 04.18.2012