Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kubernetic
04.14.2012 , 04:38 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
yeah I dont get the criteria.

They say its a legacy patch now so then shouldnt the criteria be unlocking your legacy?

Whats legacy lvl 6 got to do with any thing?
Whats lvl 50 and taken part in end game got to do with anything?

LOL, funny thing is, ill get the 30 days now anyways (legacy 6) but what I cared about was the straight out, no double talk appology and they all skipped and slide and squirmed around just saying

"Im sorry, we screwed up, we will do better from now on"

Read multiple postings from all heads and not one of them could just say that.
I think they chose Legacy 6 because they did some analysis and tried to offer an incentive without just agreeing to skip $18 million dollars in revenue. It is a business, after all.

And I too wanted a direct, explicit apology to those fans that took it on the chin. I didn't need the apology for me, I just wanted it for them. And I wanted it for the sake of the game, so that the management learns its mistake and doesn't do this in the future, so we can get past this garbage and let the game grow as it should.

I do believe we'll hear an apology like that perhaps at the next Guild Summit, or a player summit, or if you ever get to talk to a Dev or Manager or PR rep in person. Hell, if you call customer service, they'll apologize to you I'm sure.

But they're probably going to do it in a way that can be seen, but not easily typed and whizzed around the Internets and easily referenced by every blog from here to Mustafar.

Does it smack of corporate defense posture? Yes it does. Should we expect something else from a corporation who has a momma corporation with a bad reputation and shareholders? Probably not.

I think the best apology we get is their acceptance to altering the promotion to include more players. But they aren't going to grab the Talking Stick and break down with their head in their hands, sobbing and begging for forgiveness.

We probably just have to read between the lines on this one...
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Vlacke
04.14.2012 , 04:44 AM | #602
It look like some people just cannot be pleased.
Anyone who is saying that he played for a long time with alts and doesn't meet this new criteria or that he cannot reach that criteria until 22. is simply not telling the truth.

I have to say again that this is a fantastic move from Bioware, no one has rewarded their players in this manner as far as i know, big update + free month + Tauntaun pet is just amazing.

I have been displeased initially because of the strange loyalty criteria for obtaining the reward but i have never threatened to quit unlike some, the game is just too good.

Keep up the good work Bioware.

_Atrial_
04.14.2012 , 04:50 AM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
It look like some people just cannot be pleased.
Anyone who is saying that he played for a long time with alts and doesn't meet this new criteria or that he cannot reach that criteria until 22. is simply not telling the truth.
That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that I'm being told how to play or else I am considered an outcast by BioWare. I play more than most, but I play the way I want to. Once I pay for this content I should be able to enjoy it in whatever manner I choose. And definitely not be insulted by the company I support.

techaholic
04.14.2012 , 04:56 AM | #604
Bioware, I love you!

Vlacke
04.14.2012 , 04:57 AM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by _Atrial_ View Post
That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that I'm being told how to play or else I am considered an outcast by BioWare. I play more than most, but I play the way I want to. Once I pay for this content I should be able to enjoy it in whatever manner I choose. And definitely not be insulted by the company I support.
So they have made an initial mistake, they have corrected it in a good way if i might say so, everyone should be pleased, end of discussion really.
They could have done nothing like probably every other company would have, instead they chose the better way.
Again, everyone is getting the reward, the pet, the update is excellent despite the fact that it needs more fixing and fine tuning, the game itself is fantastic and is constantly improving, that's all that matters in my book really.

Quantum_Icecube
04.14.2012 , 05:05 AM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by _Atrial_ View Post
It was a gift for long-time players, not a gift for all players. The new expansion of the bonus to anyone who's reached legacy level 6 means that unless you are going out of your way to NOT level up (which would be wierd, but I suppose that's your choice) then you're probably not a long-time player.

vaugerant
04.14.2012 , 05:11 AM | #607
This is all wrong BW. You are labeling everyone and empowering group think. You are forcing play styles and creating animosity. This isn't creating long term communities - this is very bad and insulting. You are pitting neighbor against neighbor. This "community" is very fragile right now and falling apart as it is. The more I see the handling of this cluster, the more uncomfortable I am getting. This "solution" just made it a whole lot worse on the community at large, not better.

Thanks, but you may want to re-think this or we will be reading even worse things about this game in less than six months.

Quantum_Icecube
04.14.2012 , 05:14 AM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by vaugerant View Post
This is all wrong BW. You are labeling everyone and empowering group think. You are forcing play styles and creating animosity. This isn't creating long term communities - this is very bad and insulting. You are pitting neighbor against neighbor. This "community" is very fragile right now and falling apart as it is. The more I see the handling of this cluster, the more uncomfortable I am getting. This "solution" just made it a whole lot worse on the community at large, not better.

Thanks, but you may want to re-think this or we will be reading even worse things about this game in less than six months.
The only people pitting anyone against anyone are the ones who create mountains out of molehills on these very forums. The MMO community would be a lot better if the average MMO player had an ounce of rationality and reason.

Kaylia
04.14.2012 , 05:21 AM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantum_Icecube View Post
It was a gift for long-time players, not a gift for all players. The new expansion of the bonus to anyone who's reached legacy level 6 means that unless you are going out of your way to NOT level up (which would be wierd, but I suppose that's your choice) then you're probably not a long-time player.
If it was a gift for long-time players, then I should have gotten it regardless of having reached legacy level 6 or not. I've been here through beta and pre-order. As some others have said also.

NOT leveling up, is not the issue. Its if you like playing all the stories or doing crafting, etc. That makes it a biased promotion.

Glower
04.14.2012 , 05:21 AM | #610
It's a good move!