Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WrecklessMEDIC
04.14.2012 , 12:16 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Monigold View Post
i probably don't get to play enough to get this nice little perk, but you know what? at least they aren't like blizz and say, "oh well, suck it up, we can do what we ant, like it or not, you will play."

and while yes, i understand that there are things people will always complain about with any mmo, how can you really complain about being any class of your favorite char from star wars? i mean, really? this game is beautiful. my first mmo was wow, and before that, rpgs only. online gameplay was for super nerds. i played wow cause ozzy said to do so, i loved wow when i played. but tor has really made me love mmo's now.

bioware has a great game here, and even if you don't qualify for the 30 day perk, like i won't, don't be a raging fool. if you love the game, love it, if you hate it, wow or rift or w/e is ====> way. feel free to leave the fun to those of us who love it cause we're fans first, players in the story second. good night folks.
Best post I've seen in a long time. Well said.

fatoldguy
04.14.2012 , 12:17 AM | #502
Giving in to whining encourages more of same.
RIP Orange pixel

50 Sage, 50 Sentinel, 50 Commando, 50 Juggernaut, 50 Shadow.

Xaeonis
04.14.2012 , 12:22 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Monigold View Post
i probably don't get to play enough to get this nice little perk, but you know what? at least they aren't like blizz and say, "oh well, suck it up, we can do what we want, like it or not, you will play."

and while yes, i understand that there are things people will always complain about with any mmo, how can you really complain about being any class of your favorite char from star wars? i mean, really? this game is beautiful. my first mmo was wow, and before that, rpgs only. online gameplay was for super nerds. i played wow cause ozzy said to do so, i loved wow when i played. but tor has really made me love mmo's now.

bioware has a great game here, and even if you don't qualify for the 30 day perk, like i won't, don't be a raging fool. if you love the game, love it, if you hate it, wow or rift or w/e is ====> way. feel free to leave the fun to those of us who love it cause we're fans first, players in the story second. good night folks.
If only the majority of people adopted this guys attitude.

Kudos dude. Kudos.

DevonDs
04.14.2012 , 12:23 AM | #504
Thank you for these changes
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

SgtBarone
04.14.2012 , 12:27 AM | #505
THANK YOU BIOWARE! Way to listen to your community!
Begeren Colony - Sith Warrior; Juggernaut

Zilkin
04.14.2012 , 12:27 AM | #506
Thanks BioWare!

oOFrozenOo
04.14.2012 , 12:31 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Angror View Post
Not to burst your bubble but i would imagine that the same conditions applied that were already in place, had to have legacy lvl 6 before midnight on April 12th 2012.
I think you're wrong, they still have time to reach the goal:

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.
^_^

texasfanboy
04.14.2012 , 12:36 AM | #508
Should we be recieving an e-mail alerting us of this? A guildie commented during our operation last night that he'd just gotten an e-mail alert, and between pulls he said it was about this promotion.

I've recieved no such notification, though I definitely qualify.

Reelock
04.14.2012 , 12:37 AM | #509
Hello guys, I have a level 50 and legacy lev15 (... well, more than 6 anyway ) but I have not yet received the legacy promotion. I know that my account does not automatically renew your subscription, but I think I ever renewed manually the day of expiry (GMT +2, Italy).

The question is: "I'm eligible to receive the promotion?"

thanks
Reelock

Shadit
04.14.2012 , 12:39 AM | #510
Hey Stephen, great promotion but i have a question. If someone resubscribes until the 22nd and gets to lvl 50 or legacy lvl 6; do they still get a free month? or it doesn't apply this way? Thank you for a wonderful job and hope i get an answer.