Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xaeonis
04.13.2012 , 10:50 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
You mean like the agent nerfs, the sorceror nerfs, the overall healing nerfs, the apparent end of the world caused by no ranked warzones-yea it's amazing what people whine about. Too bad this game had to have pvp at all-that would end a lot of the whining right there.
Ohman, dont get me started.

I know a lot of this game was rushed into release. Hell, theres a lot about this game I would DEFINITELY change to better it for the people playing, AND for the people developing it. But man. This really takes the cake.

The original idea was 30 days free time for people who have a level 50, possibly raided, or didnt, and have been FORCED to sit with that 50 for god knows how long and enjoy the lack of end-game content. Which means, new characters. Okay, seems fair right? Yeah, theyve raised a character to 50, got there, said 'hey, this is cool, but now I have nothing to do'. To which the devs said 'hey, we know this, thats why we're giving you an extra 30 days free so it gives us some leeway time to make new content for people and improve the game youve already put time and effort into 'beating''. Sure. Makes sense.

Then. THEN. THEN - its starts.
  • WAAHHHH WAHHHH IM NOT LEVEL 50 YET!!
  • IVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE LAUNCH AND GET TIRED OF MY CHARACTERS SO I CHOSE NOT TO GET TO 50 AND IM BEING PUNISHED
  • MY $15 IS JUST AS GOOD AS HIS $15
  • I HAVE REAL LIFE STUFF TO TAKE CARE OF AND CANT PLAY ALL OF THE TIME HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO GET TO 50??
  • ETC ETC...

Honestly, those who have said 'damage control' are right. BW made the right move, or at least, they made a good move awarding those who made it to 50 and dont have anything to do - and now they are having to put out the Customer Service Fires(TM) of people whining and complaining.

Dont get me wrong - Im glad they expanding their 'free time' to include the legacy model - which is what they shouldve done in the first place - but it doesnt give every dog and their cat the right to come to the forums and SCREAM 'UNFAIR!" when it doesnt include them. At this point, you might as well give EVERYONE a free month just because, "BW LUVS J00".

It almost SICKENS me to see this. Im having trouble patching, and BEEN having trouble patching...but Im not here SCREAMING for a free day. No, Im GLAD they gave me one and Im HAPPY about it, but I am IN NO WAY ENTITLED to it.

Thats my rant. Hopefully this patch stuff finishes and I can get back into the game - if not - OHWELL. THATS LIFE!

CandarOrdo
04.13.2012 , 10:51 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
They are run by different departments-the only connection is the crap at the end portion.
Yeah, I know that. It's still related though to a degree. I don't agree that any of what they have done is crap....just not as good as it could have been done. Aside from the ME3 ending. But that's a different story entirely. Besides...nothing's perfect, and we can't expect it to be.

Xaeonis
04.13.2012 , 10:53 PM | #483
[QUOTE=CygnusMX;3946183]You remember typing this up?
I think this is called Whineing

Theres a difference between being frustrated with a game in its current state...

AND...

Moaning until someone gives me something because I dont have it!

My forum post on the state of this game is based around the problems WITHIN it, and has NOTHING TO DO with someone getting a 'free month' and me not getting it, or someone getting 'better items' because they were able to do something I wasnt.

My problems with this game still stand, and I am wholeheartedly still critizing this game, having played MMOs for over 10 years now - I feel I am in an pretty good place to critique it, in some way, shape and/or form.

I did not ONCE, say I was going to unsub - or scream and complain that the game 'isnt meeting my standards and want a refund'. Those are problems with the game - and hey!

Guess what? Some of those have been solved Guess BW is listening to some degree?

(EDIT: since you edited yours)
Quote:
Ide hate to see your reaction if you pre-orderedand had a consistant sub since launch lol
Youre right, honestly - but then again, Im not dumb enough to rush out and buy a game simply because it looks good. I generally wait a few months until games work out the bugs and kinks before I jump into it. And 3 months, to me, was a good time to buy. Shame in those 3 months they werent able to fix the simple lag issues that followed - or the HUNDREDS of pages of complains due to FPS drops and BAD memory management. Keep that in mind before you go bashing my post in a thread specifically dedicated to 'why people felt that BWs product wasnt living up to expectations'

HellenicWarrior
04.13.2012 , 10:57 PM | #484
Yay! You guys are champions
great job with the legacy system btw!

WrecklessMEDIC
04.13.2012 , 10:57 PM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by MrHibGib View Post
Golly gee, thanks!

But seriously . . . this is unacceptable. Once again, you seem to be missing the point. Some of us have been here since release, some of us signed up for for the six month "discount", some have big boy/girl jobs and can't play on mommy and daddy's dime (college), and some of us are burnt out on a game that promised so much, but delivered so very little; so we're looking for a little understanding and appreciation here.

Instead, we're given a "If you played THIS much, you'll be rewarded." No, screw that. I've been playing since launch, I purchased six months, I'm bored out of my freaking mind at level 44, and playing this static, lifeless game is just a step above chewing on cardboard.

You've lost me as a customer. *insert "See you in-game", "So long" or whatever comments are currently in favor*

I tried. I really, really, really tried. I wanted this game to succeed so much. I loathe WoW and there isn't another, currently available, MMO that even has a chance of holding my interest, but without a doubt, SWToR is a horrible game.

I'm sorry, but it's not me, it's you.

Thank you EA for botching a game with untold amounts of potential. Thank you Lucasarts for continuing your abject spiral of mediocrity. Thank you George Lucas for becoming the Ahab of the Star Wars franchise - epitomizing poor judgement, a disdain for the fans, and tunnel vision "creativity". I'd "thank" Bioware, but I (naively?) want to believe that they gave (and continue to give) it their all. Sadly, they were saddled with the weight of two megalomaniacal entities - EA and Lucas.

Later.
I feel sorry for you my friend. I really, really do. Sounds like you will never be happy.

darthholyk
04.13.2012 , 10:58 PM | #486
Thank you BioWare. I am very happy you are expanding the Legacy Promotion.
Only a fool fights in a burning house.

CandarOrdo
04.13.2012 , 10:59 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaeonis View Post

I know a lot of this game was rushed into release. Hell, theres a lot about this game I would DEFINITELY change to better it for the people playing, AND for the people developing it. But man. This really takes the cake.

The original idea was 30 days free time for people who have a level 50, possibly raided, or didnt, and have been FORCED to sit with that 50 for god knows how long and enjoy the lack of end-game content. Which means, new characters. Okay, seems fair right? Yeah, theyve raised a character to 50, got there, said 'hey, this is cool, but now I have nothing to do'. To which the devs said 'hey, we know this, thats why we're giving you an extra 30 days free so it gives us some leeway time to make new content for people and improve the game youve already put time and effort into 'beating''. Sure. Makes sense.
It does. That's why I'm not exactly complaining. I personally don't care, though I understand how some people feel about it. Some are complainers no matter what. Some...better wording would have sufficed. "Move valued players" was what ticked some people off. The most valued players are the people who have paid for the most months of game. They worded it badly. They've corrected that and they deserve some slack now. I think people should give it to them.

Xaeonis
04.13.2012 , 11:05 PM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by CandarOrdo View Post
It does. That's why I'm not exactly complaining. I personally don't care, though I understand how some people feel about it. Some are complainers no matter what. Some...better wording would have sufficed. "Move valued players" was what ticked some people off. The most valued players are the people who have paid for the most months of game. They worded it badly. They've corrected that and they deserve some slack now. I think people should give it to them.
Oh sure man, PR gone totally wrong - I get it.

But honestly - HOWEVER they worded it, I GUARANTEE that the forums would be FILLED with...
-WHY DONT I GET MY FREE MONTH?
-MY $15 ARE JUST AS GOOD AS HIS $15
-etcetc

Leave it up to self-entitled gamers to feel that THEY should feel just as special as anyone else...

Like I said before - Im GLAD the fixed it. Really I am. Wont stop people from moaning about how Johnny has TWO shiny pencil toppers and Jimmy only got ONE.

Jebei
04.13.2012 , 11:07 PM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaeonis View Post

Then. THEN. THEN - its starts.
  • WAAHHHH WAHHHH IM NOT LEVEL 50 YET!!
  • IVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE LAUNCH AND GET TIRED OF MY CHARACTERS SO I CHOSE NOT TO GET TO 50 AND IM BEING PUNISHED
  • MY $15 IS JUST AS GOOD AS HIS $15
  • I HAVE REAL LIFE STUFF TO TAKE CARE OF AND CANT PLAY ALL OF THE TIME HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO GET TO 50??
  • ETC ETC...
You know what's worse than whining about $15? People whining that others were given something they've already gotten.

The truth is you aren't any more entitled to the $15 than anyone else. The people sitting at 50 had the same choice as everyone else -- roll an alt and enjoy the single player game. Instead we had to listen to your non stop whining for the last 4 months. Now we have to listen to you whining that the non-50s whined about not being respected and got something that you feel they didn't deserve.

Bottom line is ... POT MEET KETTLE.

Scottydew
04.13.2012 , 11:08 PM | #490
this still kind of upsets me. There are those of us who played since day one, that happen to work seven days a week, so I'm going to get punished for not being lvl 50 or legacy 6, nor do I have time for leveling multiple characters. Unfortunately if I didn't enjoy the storyline and actually want to explore all the areas to see what I can find. I just hate being penalized for enjoying ALL aspects of the game......my .02. I'm done, stepping off of soapbox now......anyone got some cheese for my whine?

On the other hand, gratz to all those who made it to 50 and have enjoyed the end game. I am somewhat jealous of you.