Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sorwen
04.13.2012 , 06:06 PM | #201
Thank you. I've been playing since beta and subscribed since open. I had put my character on hold a few times trying not to out level friends(I finally gave up on waiting). It would have really sucked to miss out because of that. Now I just have to finish to 50(45).
Forever and always forward. New/Returning referral link(you and I get free stuff)
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

Selenial
04.13.2012 , 06:06 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxhetagyrum View Post
"Apathy is death."
A gold star for fitting a koror 2 reference in
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Jebei
04.13.2012 , 06:06 PM | #203
As my momma always used to say "actions speaks louder than words."

I didn't want an apology as everyone makes mistakes. I wanted action and this is a pretty good response. I'd preferred if they gave it to founders who continuously subscribed but this is a pretty good substitute.

Acerbusvenator
04.13.2012 , 06:07 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I fall under the "other combinations"
A lvl 45, swell as a 27, two 17s a 16 and a 7.... I just reached legacy 6 yesterday XD
Nice job
And congratulations

Qaoz
04.13.2012 , 06:07 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldain View Post
Go to that level 31 character and play it for a week. At level 31 you should have started your legacy or at least be very close. If you play a lot of hours every day (or even not that many) then legacy level 6 shoul take almost no time at all just from questing and leveling. As soon as you hit level 6 legacy, return to your normal server.

I don't really understand why you server hopped so much. I did it once...and all I did was check the server list at two different times of day and sort it by population. I went to the server that was in the top two at both times. Why did you keep going to different low pop servers?
I jumped server from The Constant (NA) to Dune Bantha (EU) when The Constant imploded. Dune Bantha had a high population back then, but now it's a dead husk. Transferred to The Red Eclipse (EU) after deciding that it would be better to move sooner than later. I managed to get three characters on Dune Bantha to level 20+ (plus a lot of teens) before switching. I'm now leveling up the same classes and it's taking longer than I'd hoped, partly because I'm getting sort of bored of the first couple of planets (Taris is such a boring grind, holy crap).

I don't really care about the offer anymore. I've decided that $15 (or 15 if you're European) isn't worth turning the game into a chore over. I lose a month of free game time, but I preserve my desire to play.

Grats to all those who finished Chapter 1 in time, though.
If only I'd hit spacebar more often...

CrunkShizzle
04.13.2012 , 06:07 PM | #206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angror
Now lets take care of the population problems so the 50's can have something to do again.
bioware cant do anything about that

its the spoiled brat community that wanted years of content in a couple month old mmo that were the cause of that.good riddance to those who left i say

mezzazine
04.13.2012 , 06:07 PM | #207
Nice response Bioware big ups for listening to the community, you are fantastic ;D

Lxhetagyrum
04.13.2012 , 06:08 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
A gold star for fitting a koror 2 reference in
/bow

Tivara
04.13.2012 , 06:09 PM | #209
I really appreciate you guys considering our feedback! Thank you!

KyaniteD
04.13.2012 , 06:09 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Angry_Manatee View Post
What I don't get is why BW is insisting that the promotion be tied to (experience/legacy) levels. I mean, if their true intent was to reward "loyal and valued customers", wouldn't they tie it to something like, oh, I don't know, NUMBER OF MONTHS SUBSCRIBED TO THE GAME!?!
Because... here it comes... they want to reward the most active players.

Subscription time alone says nothing about how active someone is, neither does hours logged in with your toons standing around on the fleet.

Contribution is about more than just paying your subscription. It's an MMO, and as you have noticed, it lives and dies with active population.

Using legacy to measure activity is actually a very acceptable and fair compromise in my eyes. Especially if you get the chance to achieve either requirement by April 22nd.

And I'm sorry, if you're jumping ship when the fleet population "dropped" to 60 (imperial?), then you're not contributing to stability. And 60 isn't even a low population server. Try 25 people, 15 of them level 50 at peak times on the fleet (republic).

It's actually unbelievable to see people still complain after this more than fair concession.
Need a referral link? Support Dulfy's & Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
Quote: