Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cloverman
04.24.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1131
Quote: Originally Posted by Airehn View Post
A lot of players were doing this a few weeks ago, because we were "Not a Valued Player" and were not receiving the free month gift. I didn't have Level 50 OR Legacy 6 when the promotion was announced, and I was up in arms because of the initial wording on the website. Once I understood Bioware's reason for doing so, it made more sense why they did it, but it was still a terrible way to present their consolation of not having ranked PvP.

Since then, Bioware changed their status on the reward, so I changed my signature and removed the "Not a Valued Player" tag. Hope that makes sense now.
Ah I see, makes perfect sense.

On a similar note, I have a small concern.. as already noted I bought the game this time last month. As such, I have not had my first monthly subscriber payment actually debited. As stated, I already have a level 50, AND legacy level 8 - my concern is, although I consider myself to be an active subscriber and therefore qualify for this promotion, when it comes to the recruit a friend system, I am not recognized as a subscriber yet, i.e.,

"Thanks for your interest in the Friends Trial, but you are not able to invite a friend until you are a subscriber."

Does this system mean that I and others in my situation will NOT get this promo (as the system doesn't recognize me as holding an active subscription yet, even tho it's all setup)? I haven't seen any condition stipulating that you must have been billed at least once, but am growing concerned the closer I get to my sub (0 days remaining )

robertjedi
04.24.2012 , 11:05 PM | #1132
well I have a Level 50 but my subscription was due to renew tomorrow. I didn't want to get charged and get the 30 days free. guess we'll see what happens.

ReverendSID
04.24.2012 , 11:13 PM | #1133
So, I notice that the e-mail I received about this says the time will be applied to my account by April 24th 11:59pm CDT. But the first post in this thread says April 25th 11:59pm CDT.... consistency would be nice here.

Shinigami_Josh
04.25.2012 , 02:14 AM | #1134
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
So, I notice that the e-mail I received about this says the time will be applied to my account by April 24th 11:59pm CDT. But the first post in this thread says April 25th 11:59pm CDT.... consistency would be nice here.
The date was extended when they changed the promotion details

Dromonita
04.25.2012 , 03:43 AM | #1135
Is it normal that I still didnt receive an email confirming that I get the 30 days free even though I got to level 50 with a character on 19.04?

MartyCZE
04.25.2012 , 03:44 AM | #1136
anyone actually received the 30 day reward or the pet yet?
...And now, your republic shall fall...

ReverendSID
04.25.2012 , 06:28 AM | #1137
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinigami_Josh View Post
The date was extended when they changed the promotion details
Yes, I gathered as much. But I never received a correction e-mail with the new date, so as far as I could tell if I hadn't come here, they were just late.

Celwinn
04.25.2012 , 07:29 AM | #1138
Are we supposed to get an email stating that we get the free 30 days and in game pet?

I'm not complaining (as we still got a full day ahead of us), just wondering if I should keep an eye on my email account.
Don't let the past define you

AlexanderMagnusZ
04.25.2012 , 12:20 PM | #1139
I've got legacy 6 and so far no 30 day extension - Correction, got pet and 30 days

mathisk
04.25.2012 , 12:25 PM | #1140
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
Are we supposed to get an email stating that we get the free 30 days and in game pet?
You only get an email if your account settings have that "Keep me informed via e-mail" option checked on. I have it turned off, never received any emails, yet I got my taun taun pet and an extra 30-days added to my account to day.