Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baxterwolfe
04.19.2012 , 11:50 AM | #1051
I will never get to any of those level any time soon. I believe this level stuff with the legacy should have been out the window. It should have been all the players with a level 50 toon and also those with the Founder title that are active should be the only ones to get the free 30 days. This would show all the players that they mean some thing In stead of a bump on a log. All in all i say congrats to all of you that get your free time but as for me been playing like forever and still no legacy unlock and I have a level 30 a 23 And 2 toons at 16 and thats where i stand on this issue.

jhartel
04.19.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1052
Quote: Originally Posted by Baxterwolfe View Post
I will never get to any of those level any time soon. I believe this level stuff with the legacy should have been out the window. It should have been all the players with a level 50 toon and also those with the Founder title that are active should be the only ones to get the free 30 days. This would show all the players that they mean some thing In stead of a bump on a log. All in all i say congrats to all of you that get your free time but as for me been playing like forever and still no legacy unlock and I have a level 30 a 23 And 2 toons at 16 and thats where i stand on this issue.
I have been trying, but I doubt I will make it unless I so an all nighter. Last nights 5 hour shut down never helps because I work 11am-10pm and only play at night and these nightly shutoffs truly disable my ability to play the game, especially with the 3 or 4 of them since the introduction of Legacy and this damnable promotion, and level my character, I am at 38 right now, and I doubt I can get to 50 in time now.

I mean, I work full time and my demographic (single parent, employed people, etc) would be the ones who needed that extended time in the first place and BioWare has done everything possible to get more play time from us, but prevent us from getting our one month free.

Did I take a short break from SWTOR? Yup. To play Mass Effect 3. But again, a week off in March shouldn't negate the fact I have multiple characters across servers that should hit the Legacy 6 if they were combined. (38, 35, 22, 15, 10, 10, 4 and 3)
AN OLD HOPE | The Bastion Thall | Montief | Týr | Loghain
THE SITH INQUISITION | Ajunta Pall Nokrt | Fédéric
Mandalore the Indomitable Cephi | Celriador

Trellek
04.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #1053
The new requirements still suck. I have been an active subscriber since before day1 - I have characters on a number of servers but none at L50. I try to level them all at roughly the same pace. consequently despite being loyal player I get squat, instead I get to see a whole bunch of other player given rewards.

It would have been better for Bioware not to have done this at all in the first place. All they ahve done is alienate a substantial number of players.

Elkesai
04.19.2012 , 01:04 PM | #1054
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post

There is time until April 22 to get to level 50 or Legacy 6.
Had I the time, I wouldn't alter the way I play - it would make the game less enjoyable to me - more like a second job. Instead, I'll just go enjoy another game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post

The time spent on this Forum could be spent ingame, for another Legacy level, for instance.
Of course, accessing this page from work for 5-10 minutes does not reallly mean I can jump into the game, does it? But then, thinking about that might mean jumping into someone else's shoes and making some attempt to see the issue from another perspective. But all you can do is interject your own situation into it, coming up with excuse after excuse. I think you need to open your eyes as to why this is wrong in the first place, regardless of your own status.

Gizbang
04.19.2012 , 01:13 PM | #1055
Quote: Originally Posted by teacherjapan View Post
The question that begs to be asked is.....

What the hell are you going to do with 30 days free?

I didn't unsubscribe from the game because I didn't receive 30 days free but due to the following:
I eventually came to this conclusion as well. This promotion made me realize that if I'm not motivated to get to 50 in 4 months, then I should probably be playing something else. Seems like that was the intent to begin with--they really don't want casuals because it messes up their server populations.

jhartel
04.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #1056
Quote: Originally Posted by Trellek View Post
The new requirements still suck. I have been an active subscriber since before day1 - I have characters on a number of servers but none at L50. I try to level them all at roughly the same pace. consequently despite being loyal player I get squat, instead I get to see a whole bunch of other player given rewards.

It would have been better for Bioware not to have done this at all in the first place. All they ahve done is alienate a substantial number of players.
I wish they would just combine what we have done across servers. Or at least allow server transfers.

c_nehlsen
04.19.2012 , 01:53 PM | #1057
Quote: Originally Posted by Trellek View Post

I agree, if I had all my characters on 1 server, then I would easily have made it... But I have all my friends that decided to pick different servers, so I spaced my characters out. This sucks...

AZEqualizer
04.19.2012 , 01:55 PM | #1058
Quote: Originally Posted by EndoXIII View Post
And that's completely the wrong mentality. That makes it sound like people really ought to be lvl 50 or legacy lvl 6, and if they're not it's because they've not been doing their job, been lazy, etc.

It's a GAME. There's no "ought to be" anything. As long as your play style isn't against the rules and doesn't make the game bad for other people, you ought to play exactly how you wish. As such, those things listed aren't excuses because no one NEEDS an excuse for not having hit 50 or legacy 6 yet. Bioware is the one who needs to come up with some damn good excuses here, for doing so poorly at implementing this promotion.

The ONLY reasonable metric to use for a promotion like this is months paid for. That's it.
Nicely Expressed

Fernidang
04.19.2012 , 02:05 PM | #1059
Whinge, whinge, whinge, ******, ******, ******....

Please. Bioware is giving some goodies away based on their idea of what constitutes an active subscriber. I believe they consider an active subsciber isnt just one who pays their $15 a month. It's also someone who has been in game and made up the Multiplayer part of MMO. They get the biggest goodies - a free month of game time. Everyone else at least gets something too. A pet just for having an active account, A free week if you had unsubscribed, and if you resubscribe you get the pet too. This is BioWare's call, and it's them giving something to the community as a "thank you" for being active - not a "reward" for paying a subscription. No-one is having anything taken away from them as all the complaining in this thread seems to indicate.

We all subscribed to the game prepared to pay our $15 a month to play the game which we have all been doing as much as we like or are able according our own lives. We have all been happy to do so or have left the game, irrelavant of any expectation of reward from BioWare.

If some people get a free month bonus in Bioware's judgement - fine! No-one else has lost anything. If you didnt get a free month you still get a pet. None of this was an expectation in your mind before this promotion and you have no reason to feel "entitled" to it now. You have lost nothing, and you are still doing what you would have been doing anyway. It is a bonus like any other bonus given by any other organisation anywhere - not everyone will get it, not everyone will qualify for it, and you have no cause to complain like a spoiled child if you didnt get it and someone else did.

jhartel
04.19.2012 , 03:16 PM | #1060
Quote: Originally Posted by Fernidang View Post
Whinge, whinge, whinge, ******, ******, ******....

Please. Bioware is giving some goodies away based on their idea of what constitutes an active subscriber. I believe they consider an active subsciber isnt just one who pays their $15 a month. It's also someone who has been in game and made up the Multiplayer part of MMO. They get the biggest goodies - a free month of game time. Everyone else at least gets something too. A pet just for having an active account, A free week if you had unsubscribed, and if you resubscribe you get the pet too. This is BioWare's call, and it's them giving something to the community as a "thank you" for being active - not a "reward" for paying a subscription. No-one is having anything taken away from them as all the complaining in this thread seems to indicate.

We all subscribed to the game prepared to pay our $15 a month to play the game which we have all been doing as much as we like or are able according our own lives. We have all been happy to do so or have left the game, irrelavant of any expectation of reward from BioWare.

If some people get a free month bonus in Bioware's judgement - fine! No-one else has lost anything. If you didnt get a free month you still get a pet. None of this was an expectation in your mind before this promotion and you have no reason to feel "entitled" to it now. You have lost nothing, and you are still doing what you would have been doing anyway. It is a bonus like any other bonus given by any other organisation anywhere - not everyone will get it, not everyone will qualify for it, and you have no cause to complain like a spoiled child if you didnt get it and someone else did.
You don't quite understand anything about this. Leveling to 50 doesn't take long, and people can be 50 in a week and stop playing, not active players. Yet, those who continue to pay them don't see any reward for their active gameplay (yes, most of the people complaining actually dedicate at least an hour or two a day to the game). Another thing, many of the people have a very similar issue. They have the ability to be Legacy Level 6, if all their characters were on one server. However, because of how an MMO is and causes people to play with friends across multiple servers, these people are having their active gameplay ignored due to a technicality that should not exist in the first place. The unlock should be account wide, not server wide.