Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ratfanatic
04.18.2012 , 08:01 AM | #1021
I realize you guys were only trying to protect your revenue, but this was the right decision to make.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך ████████████████████████████████████████)

danpen
04.18.2012 , 08:59 AM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by ratfanatic View Post
I realize you guys were only trying to protect your revenue, but this was the right decision to make.
What do you mean.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

JayEmmKay
04.18.2012 , 09:12 AM | #1023
I have been playing swtor since 4th January, I have no lvl 50s but tons of calts. I have 6 characters from 16-45 on a dieing server, and now i got 6 characters on a decent server. and that i wont get 30 month free of sub, while other people who have played far less than me and rushed to 50 gets it, is pretty much ********! They should reward people on how long or how much they play, not by what lvl they are...

Drasill
04.18.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1024
If I cancel my subscription now will I still get the free 30 days? My subscription expires 04/20/2012.
⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞▓▒▒ʭlll▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

bsbrad
04.18.2012 , 09:52 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
Please don`t take the following the wrong way: I will just point out why those are unlikely, or not the usual, in my own point of view.

My response is in orange, sorry about color, but saves space. Most reasons are sounding more like excuses, than anything else.
Styx, it may be useful to let a Bioware employee (maybe someone in customer service) answer the concerns brought up by active subscribers. Obviously they are (or have) read this thread and the fact that there are over 1000 posts with a lot of people concerned with how "rewards" are allocated I would have thought someone should have responded to reassure the customers of their concerns, a la Gaile Gray used to do in Guild Wars.

Before you state the obvious that the thread was started as a response to another thread, I know, but you now have over 1000 posts with no response from anyone in customer service.

Why don't they just admit that the "reward" is nothing more than a bribe to try to persuade the people who rushed to the endgame to stay a while whilst they create an endgame. With all the dead servers and a lot of people switching servers (see Fatman thread), unless you can play all day on a new server you have re-rolled on due to the dead community then you have no chance to attain your "reward".

I think it would be funny if Bioware flipped the "reward" and said all new accounts (after April 24th) will start with 1 million credits, lets see the lvl50s flame Bioware then.

As I have stated in my previous post the use of real world rewards is wrong (yes I understand they are doing it to prevent a declining user base, if so then say so, everyone knows it), they would be better and just say that everyone, and I mean everyone that has an active subscription on April 24th will receive the TaunTaun pet,, just like the Founders title where it was given to everyone up to a cut off date, didn't matter whether you were lvl1 or lvl50.

I can assure you that this will be the last real world "reward" they probably give out looking at the animosity it has caused in the game. I know an awful lot of guildmates who were on the fence about this game and have decided to give up the game due to this. I think I may stay to see what all the fuss is about getting a lvl50 (maybe fireworks will be setoff in the game and a new world event, saying I am the greatest living MMO player ever will be announced, I doubt it though).

sithlordcip
04.18.2012 , 10:02 AM | #1026
Please Bioware, reconsider this:

I like to lvl alts and not focus on one char
I don't have a lvl 50 yet my highest toon is 46
I have alts on different servers so I cant lvl up legacy on all of them
I don't have much time to play , I barely play 1 hour a day

I DID NOT REACH THE SECOND REQUIRMENT ( legacy lvl 6 or lvl 50 )

Please allow players who have passed lvl 40 (because most of them have passed) to get the free month

Thank you
Killing Jedi is my hobby!

EndoXIII
04.18.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1027
Most reasons are sounding more like excuses, than anything else.
And that's completely the wrong mentality. That makes it sound like people really ought to be lvl 50 or legacy lvl 6, and if they're not it's because they've not been doing their job, been lazy, etc.

It's a GAME. There's no "ought to be" anything. As long as your play style isn't against the rules and doesn't make the game bad for other people, you ought to play exactly how you wish. As such, those things listed aren't excuses because no one NEEDS an excuse for not having hit 50 or legacy 6 yet. Bioware is the one who needs to come up with some damn good excuses here, for doing so poorly at implementing this promotion.

The ONLY reasonable metric to use for a promotion like this is months paid for. That's it.

Elkesai
04.18.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1028
I have many real-life obligations, both because of work and because of family. So when I finally got some free time to play, I was a bit surprised to see that those who have more free time and/or are willing to burn past half the game's content are being rewarded with something of actual monetary value.

I've been paying for the game just as they have (and have not been able to reap as much benefit from it to boot, unfortunately). Why would you insult people who work hard at actual life, whom you take money from every month, simply because they haven't reached some virtual goal?

In-game rewards for in-game effort are completely understandable, as are out-of-game rewards for out-of-game loyalty.

If my loyalty means so little, then it will not be given, nor will my money. I'll get my discount one way or another (and likely for several months if not more), because I'm fairly certain that no excuse will make me comprehend why you would choose to alienate part of your customer base in this way.

Styxx
04.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by EndoXIII View Post
And that's completely the wrong mentality. That makes it sound like people really ought to be lvl 50 or legacy lvl 6, and if they're not it's because they've not been doing their job, been lazy, etc.

It's a GAME. There's no "ought to be" anything. As long as your play style isn't against the rules and doesn't make the game bad for other people, you ought to play exactly how you wish. As such, those things listed aren't excuses because no one NEEDS an excuse for not having hit 50 or legacy 6 yet. Bioware is the one who needs to come up with some damn good excuses here, for doing so poorly at implementing this promotion.

The ONLY reasonable metric to use for a promotion like this is months paid for. That's it.
That is a way to look at it. The other one is simpler: they are giving a gift to the ones that got to 50 or Legacy 6. It is not mandatory to even get to either by April 22. It`s just you don`t get the gift. It might be a title. It might be a pet. It might be a shiny crystal... or it might be 30 days free.

He was stating, just as most in this thread, reasons as to why he has not a level 50 or legacy 6 by now. I merely stated why those are only excuses for what I feel like "I didn`t get what the other guy has got". We can argue semantics all day long about the choice of words, in this case, "excuses", but the fact still stands:

There is time until April 22 to get to level 50 or Legacy 6.

So, the only reasonable course of action is to start leveling if someone wants the gift... or don`t level, or go out of their way and don`t get the gift.

Ultimately, the "burden" falls on the player. The time spent on this Forum could be spent ingame, for another Legacy level, for instance. Or lvl 10 crafting skills. Or level 20 flashpoints. Or helping level 5 guildmates. Or playing the GTN for grade 1 mats. It`s only a choice

danpen
04.18.2012 , 12:43 PM | #1030
That is a way to look at it. The other one is simpler: they are giving a gift to the ones that got to 50 or Legacy 6. It is not mandatory to even get to either by April 22. It`s just you don`t get the gift. It might be a title. It might be a pet. It might be a shiny crystal... or it might be 30 days free.

He was stating, just as most in this thread, reasons as to why he has not a level 50 or legacy 6 by now. I merely stated why those are only excuses for what I feel like "I didn`t get what the other guy has got". We can argue semantics all day long about the choice of words, in this case, "excuses", but the fact still stands:

There is time until April 22 to get to level 50 or Legacy 6.

So, the only reasonable course of action is to start leveling if someone wants the gift... or don`t level, or go out of their way and don`t get the gift.

Ultimately, the "burden" falls on the player. The time spent on this Forum could be spent ingame, for another Legacy level, for instance. Or lvl 10 crafting skills. Or level 20 flashpoints. Or helping level 5 guildmates. Or playing the GTN for grade 1 mats. It`s only a choice
I do not like the idea of the new Promotion has now been Expanded.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.