Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CygnusMX
04.17.2012 , 09:06 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Pytr View Post
I've never logged into the forum to make a post. But I really had to speak up for players like me.
I'm a ALToholic.
I have 4 or more toons on 5 different servers...and on both sides of the fence too. I pre-ordered a collectors edition and have been playing since the pre-order opened. And guess what? I don't have a single toon over lvl 32...and not a single one is done with chapter 1. I don't play to lvl up.

Six months of paying for the game that I enjoy and someone else with 2weeks of ADHD gaming to get to lvl 50 gets a whole month free....but not me. Maybe I should just alter my habits so i can get the month free....but I'm hoping Bioware wasn't trying to force people into changing how they game in a negitive way.

I know people will chime in and say all sorts of crap in response to this. But come on Bioware....I REALLY hope you see that your rewarding people lvling....and not rewarding people who are here for the community aspect of the game.

Anyway that's my $0.02
Good example of why this promotion is a brain dead idea and how it wrongfully alienated active players.

Dueflame
04.17.2012 , 09:30 PM | #1012
I have a level 50 toon, level 24 legacy, been playing since release...... still waiting for my 30 days.....

Deewe
04.17.2012 , 09:54 PM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by GregZeschuk View Post
As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk
Studio GM, BioWare Austin
Read Below and please be my guest, surprise us

Quote: Originally Posted by CygnusMX View Post
It looks more like the promotion was a mistake no matter how they worded it.
The words arent broken,The promotion is.
The mistake cannot be reversed,rewording it isn't going to fix a thing.
I doubt they pull a promo like this again.

However If you were not rewarded as being an active subscriber.
Because:
A. You like to craft
B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons
C. You replay favorite missions
D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP
E. You socialize in game.... MMO?
F. Chose not to level to 50
G. Tried to keep your XP gain under control due to out leveling green missions and turning them grey.
H. Spend time upgradeing companions.
I. Spend time organizeing your Guild
J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market.
K. Farm for crafting materials.
L. Created charactors On other servers
M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly.
N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for.

You can do your Own promotion by taking a month off this year of 2012 at any time, any month from SWTOR,get back to a few games you like in your library ,and enjoy your free month of game time in a different game....SW will be here the rest of the year, but that personal 14.99 promotion you give yourself will be in the right hands for the right reasons.

Sindris
04.17.2012 , 11:52 PM | #1014
Wow, awesome. So basically I was on the fence as to whether or not I was going to keep playing SWTOR or not. I have a lot of problems finding groups on the planets that average between 5-9 people. I was getting a little fed up missing out on all the group content so my log in time has been a bit sporadic. Now I find out they are giving away 30 free days, but not to me because the extensive solo play has been rather unsatisfying thus limiting my play time and leveling. So because I have not reached level 50 or spammed out a bunch of alt toons I am being punished by way of exclusion of the 30 free days? That is a brilliant way to weed out customers who were already unsure if they were going to keep paying to play this game. Very forward thinking. And it's worked! I am no longer on the fence, you folks have knocked me clean off the fence onto the "Lets quit " side. And so I will. Thanks for making it easier. =)

Pewed
04.18.2012 , 12:58 AM | #1015
Thanks for nothing. I had to reroll because my main is on a dead server. I haven't reached level 50 yet or legacy 6, and i've been following this game for a long time now.

Thanks bioware. Not
I stand infront of the clock 'cause I'm ahead of the time

CygnusMX
04.18.2012 , 01:58 AM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Read Below and please be my guest, surprise us
smirky wink icon , cute
I plan on it but i said in the year 2012 , not when someone winks.

SySteMic_TOR
04.18.2012 , 04:03 AM | #1017
To receive the 30 days of free play, we must have an active subscription on 25 april?

Massimoto
04.18.2012 , 05:28 AM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by SySteMic_TOR View Post
To receive the 30 days of free play, we must have an active subscription on 25 april?
I would like to know that as well as mine expires in two days and I'm "on the fence" whether to continue or not.

Styxx
04.18.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1019
Please don`t take the following the wrong way: I will just point out why those are unlikely, or not the usual, in my own point of view.

Quote:
However If you were not rewarded as being an active subscriber.
Because:
A. You like to craft - You don`t get very far without a decent level and/or SOME money. It is usually better to "farm" mats nodes than spend money on mats too. Highly unlikely to have any notable success without a proper level - why proper level? Because money is better and nodes are higher in level
B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons - They are not going anywhere; plenty of time to get them after a certain level. Add stats irrelevant to you and datacrons on planets in the level 30-40`s and you still need to level. There is no other reason to explore, except for the odd supposedly hidden quest... you can very well level without too.. admitedly, it might not be anyone`s game. But STILL not as much time sink as you want to make it
C. You replay favorite missions - You can`t. Only heroics can be repeated. Even so, several alts in the 30`s make up for Legacy 6.
D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP - While it is a noble goal, your own leveling or time should come first. You help only if/when you have free time. Ops and hard modes are more important anyway. And there are not many quests the said guild mates cannot do by themselves.. not up to level 40-ish anyway. Those are, ultimately, far and between, not a real goal.
E. You socialize in game.... MMO? - Big time. I still have enough free time to level at least one level 50 and gear up in ops and HM`s and boost guildies, to pass the tedious dailies.
F. Chose not to level to 50 - Nobody ever forced anyone. Several level 30`s will do too.
G. Tried to keep your XP gain under control due to out leveling green missions and turning them grey. - Do the greens, drop the greys and move on to reds and yellows. Or faceroll the greys in 5 mins and move on. Nobody needs to keep the xp in check. If anything, you get to do one mission more easily. It won`t change the cutscenes or its objectives
H. Spend time upgradeing companions. - You upgrade only one companion = the needed class for your spec - e.g. the tank for a healer, or the healer for a tank, or the dps for the tank. It is really a huge money sink to outfit more than one until 50. Even then it is questionable and they get outfitted with leftovers. Not a goal. Can be done but at money expense. The lower the level, the more time you need for a specific money mark. Really questionable logic.
I. Spend time organizeing your Guild - I don`t know about you, but our Guildmaster is 50, as are all Officers.If there are still below 50 Guildmasters, cool. I won`t join such a guild, however.
J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market. - Falls under "A". Also, you don`t contribute = you craft to make money. If you want to "contribute", you craft and hand over for free.
K. Farm for crafting materials. - You need to be in your 40`s to get anything decent.. or specific level planets.
L. Created charactors On other servers - That is really a bad idea. Ultimately player error, not Bioware`s fault
M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly. - You had no information to believe such a promotion will exist at that time. You are using future arguments related to your premises. If anything, falls under "G"
N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for. - You got what you paid for - 30 days of game time. Some will get those for free, in the "stupid promo"
My response is in orange, sorry about color, but saves space. Most reasons are sounding more like excuses, than anything else.

Karabal
04.18.2012 , 07:40 AM | #1020
Just so you know Dr Zoidburg...... You had me at hello.