Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS for meter users?

tolaez
04.13.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1
So I'm wondering what peoples DPS on the fleet droids is. So sit there and wack at the fleet droid for a few minutes and say what your dps is.

Buffed?
Stim?
Approx gear level and type?
Spec?

Of course there's going to be a lot of variables and most of this data will probably end up being useless but it could be interesting

Omophorus
04.13.2012 , 03:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaez View Post
So I'm wondering what peoples DPS on the fleet droids is. So sit there and wack at the fleet droid for a few minutes and say what your dps is.

Buffed?
Stim?
Approx gear level and type?
Spec?

Of course there's going to be a lot of variables and most of this data will probably end up being useless but it could be interesting
Based on some initial testing (3+ 5 min cycles per spec) on lv 50 non-Ops, non-WZ dummy...

Unnatural Might
Rakata Might Stim
Rakata Power Adrenal

Columi main (pow/surge enhancement)/off/head/body/hands/legs/feet(pow/surge)/bracer
Tionese belt
Rakata ear
Hawkeye Nano-Optic Might Package x2 w/ STR augs
Matrix Cube
Champ power relic (wtb daily comms)

Annihilation (31/7/3, strongly considering replacing 2 points in Malice with 2 points in Ravager... would drop Defensive Roll but very useful for PVE HMs)
Carnage (5/34/2)

No adrenal/relic:
Annihilation - 1350-1400 DPS
Carnage - 1150-1250 DPS

Adrenal/relic/1 bloodthirst:
Annihilation - 1450-1500 DPS
Carnage - 1200-1350 DPS

I will readily admit that I am not as practiced with Carnage spec, and can probably do more to optimize gear/spec/priority to squeak out more DPS. That said, I think the numbers will be closer in actual encounters depending on the situation and melee uptime. With lower uptime, Annihilation will pull away by miles (with 100% uptime, 37-40% of damage comes from bleeds, and that is "safer" damage as uptime drops, since applying and maintaining bleeds isn't as time-sensitive as Gore window). With higher uptime, Carnage can exploit Gore to burst like crazy, especially on tougher targets.

Blloodbane
04.13.2012 , 03:43 PM | #3
Does your calculations factor in Armor Penetration and Cloak of Pain and Gore? Remember gore gives you like 6 seconds of 100% Armor Pen... follow with your biggest melee attacks, like ravage and massacre... Deadly Throw is also a big damage ability too. Force Scream if you shoot right auto crits, etc...

Not sure if this matter, Massacre has a cool down of instant and can be done on the run as well.
*The Sith Code* Peace is a lie ~ There is only passion~ Through passion I gain strength ~ Through strength I gain power ~ Through power I gain victory ~ Through victory my chains are broken ~ The Force shall set me free

VictorLototskyy
04.13.2012 , 04:41 PM | #4
- PVE set (rakata and few crafted things.
- Self-buffed with stim, without relic/adrenal.
- Annihilation
- Boss dummy at the ship.

Screenshot.
Lotik, Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Omophorus
04.13.2012 , 06:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blloodbane View Post
Does your calculations factor in Armor Penetration and Cloak of Pain and Gore? Remember gore gives you like 6 seconds of 100% Armor Pen... follow with your biggest melee attacks, like ravage and massacre... Deadly Throw is also a big damage ability too. Force Scream if you shoot right auto crits, etc...

Not sure if this matter, Massacre has a cool down of instant and can be done on the run as well.
Calculation was from parser, so no calculation.

And yes, every time I popped gore it was either paired up with Berserk Massacre spam with a Force Scream at the end, or Ravage > Scream with a Massacre right before Gore.

Nmaharg
04.13.2012 , 06:27 PM | #6
My carnage DPS. Still learning the spec, but man it's a ton of burst.

http://postimage.org/image/41qa34e3l/full/
7X Valor --- 1000+ Expertise

"Etang" on Juyo and The Fatman

Nmaharg
04.13.2012 , 06:32 PM | #7
Threw on some PvE gear. About a 100 point jump in DPS.

http://postimage.org/image/nt5dordfr/full/

awildcannon
04.13.2012 , 08:49 PM | #8
You need to hit the ops dummy. On the regular I hit 1650 for anni.

On the ops dummy(in ship) im getting right around 1420(with stim and self buff - without adrenal/relic/bloodthirst).

Im in full rakata as well as changed out most of the enhancements for lvl58 acc/crit. Using 140lvl proc trinket and matrix cube. Ear/Implants are experts with sockets.

As for real boss fight: New denova raid, first boss kill(normal) I was doing 967dps. Which was above all other dps by 60(closest was merc).
Funk.50.Marauder - Slevin.50.Operative
Aristoi.10/10 HM.The Fatman Server

Nmaharg
04.13.2012 , 09:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by awildcannon View Post
You need to hit the ops dummy. On the regular I hit 1650 for anni.

On the ops dummy(in ship) im getting right around 1420(with stim and self buff - without adrenal/relic/bloodthirst).

Im in full rakata as well as changed out most of the enhancements for lvl58 acc/crit. Using 140lvl proc trinket and matrix cube. Ear/Implants are experts with sockets.

As for real boss fight: New denova raid, first boss kill(normal) I was doing 967dps. Which was above all other dps by 60(closest was merc).
Screens?

WokeSmeed
04.13.2012 , 11:31 PM | #10
Full buffed, BM geared, Adrenal/Bloodthirst/Relics
Tested on regular training dummy

All specs were tested 3 times, I took the average of every spec. And every fight was 250 sec.
(all CD's were up when testing)

Annihilation = 1750 dps
Carnage = 1550 dps
Rage = 1500 dps
Darth Gio Loco
War Hero | Marauder
Legions of Lettow