Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Launcher corrupted file AFTER repair TWICE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher corrupted file AFTER repair TWICE

Tallyhoe's Avatar


Tallyhoe
04.13.2012 , 02:35 PM | #1
This is the kind of stuff I deal with almost every single big patch. Its getting very frustrating. First it was just a problem on one of my computers.. now on the other. Both are fully updated...

this is the log... You can see in the log.. it downloaded.. half way in the install errored out.. used the repair function. Now I go back AFTER repairing said file.. the patch update downloads fully again.. errors out half way.. then repair function tells me 30 files are corrupted now.. ummm What?


Spoiler


As you can see it's a different file EVERY time.. Every time I patch its ANOTHER file different from these or sometimes repeat.. What could possibly be causing this. I hate spending 4-5 hours eat patch just trying to make the game work.
‘Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her.”

Pervcat's Avatar


Pervcat
04.13.2012 , 02:38 PM | #2
After going through the "repair" process twice myself, which took well over an hour, probably close to two and have it fail I feel your anger.

Just uninstall the game and reinstall it, takes about 45 mins to download and install the whole thing, patch included.

Let it run, go watch a TV show, come back and you're good to go.

Take it easy

Nooblock's Avatar


Nooblock
04.13.2012 , 02:41 PM | #3
I started a few days after 1.1 and had no issues. But now I do and in 2 days I have gone from enjoying this game to feeling sad that BioWare wasted there time on this game.
Vorlock (Guardian) - Doomlock (Commando) - Heslock (Sage) -
Grilock (Shadow) - Relock (Gunslinger)

Tallyhoe's Avatar


Tallyhoe
04.13.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
Not when I have to run under restricted bandwidth, to only beable to download at 150 kbps cause of throttling. It'd take me well over a day to download the full game. Which is why part of me wished bioware would send me a copy of the game disk... so i could install that at least and just download the extra.
‘Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her.”

Nooblock's Avatar


Nooblock
04.13.2012 , 02:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pervcat View Post
After going through the "repair" process twice myself, which took well over an hour, probably close to two and have it fail I feel your anger.

Just uninstall the game and reinstall it, takes about 45 mins to download and install the whole thing, patch included.

Let it run, go watch a TV show, come back and you're good to go.

Take it easy
150KB/s download rate = 48 Hours of downloading.

Downloading 20GBs+ with a 17GB bandwidth limit would not go very far. They need to get there system working. We can't be reinstalling the game everytime they have a game update.
Vorlock (Guardian) - Doomlock (Commando) - Heslock (Sage) -
Grilock (Shadow) - Relock (Gunslinger)

carbocat's Avatar


carbocat
04.13.2012 , 02:50 PM | #6
just keep a compy of the game on an external hard drive without patch up dates.

I got same problem with new patch, repair didnt work, game shut down and freeze at 28%.

Then i found my external hardrive and copy/paste to desktop and installed patches again and it worked.

So a good idea for future, keep a backup of the game without new patches if something oes wrong

Pervcat's Avatar


Pervcat
04.13.2012 , 02:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nooblock View Post
150KB/s download rate = 48 Hours of downloading.

Downloading 20GBs+ with a 17GB bandwidth limit would not go very far. They need to get there system working. We can't be reinstalling the game everytime they have a game update.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying reinstalling the right way to do things, just seems to be quicker in some cases.. not in this one obviously.

The problem is that most likely you will have to do it anyway, sucks but chances are you're not going to get a "fix" for it any time soon if at all.

Nooblock's Avatar


Nooblock
04.13.2012 , 02:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by carbocat View Post
just keep a compy of the game on an external hard drive without patch up dates.

I got same problem with new patch, repair didnt work, game shut down and freeze at 28%.

Then i found my external hardrive and copy/paste to desktop and installed patches again and it worked.

So a good idea for future, keep a backup of the game without new patches if something oes wrong
Well I knew they were going to be having this issue every Game Update I would have saved a copy...
Vorlock (Guardian) - Doomlock (Commando) - Heslock (Sage) -
Grilock (Shadow) - Relock (Gunslinger)

Tallyhoe's Avatar


Tallyhoe
04.13.2012 , 02:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by carbocat View Post
just keep a compy of the game on an external hard drive without patch up dates.

I got same problem with new patch, repair didnt work, game shut down and freeze at 28%.

Then i found my external hardrive and copy/paste to desktop and installed patches again and it worked.

So a good idea for future, keep a backup of the game without new patches if something oes wrong
Its doing it on another computer.. my computer and on my external.. For the longest time my external was the best way to patch cause it didnt do that.. but it started with todays patch
‘Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her.”

SikrouDeco's Avatar


SikrouDeco
04.13.2012 , 02:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by carbocat View Post
just keep a compy of the game on an external hard drive without patch up dates.

I got same problem with new patch, repair didnt work, game shut down and freeze at 28%.

Then i found my external hardrive and copy/paste to desktop and installed patches again and it worked.

So a good idea for future, keep a backup of the game without new patches if something oes wrong
Yep, I even have 2 hd's in my system...lol I'm just lazy

On a more pissed off note, it finished repairing, then it installed now it's repairing again! .... me