Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll back DPS Mercenary 1.2 changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Roll back DPS Mercenary 1.2 changes

TheNinjaboy
04.13.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1
1.2 Mercenary DPS patch changes -

CONS -

3% global crit nerf

Death from Above - LOL take it off your bar. 5m radius AoE? Really?

Tracer Missle - LOL take it off your bar, oh wait you can't you still need it since the ENTIRE tree is connected to spamming TM. 50% per hit damage nerf. Great mechanic btw. Tracer missle hits for 1k in 1.2 and used to hit for 2k non-crit. 1.5 second cast, effortless to interrupt or disrupt except by only the worst players in the game.

+5 Sec to Jetboost - Great now there are no "clutch" KBs that occur. You just die. It doesn't even matter if the Marauder is terrible and wastes their leap. Oh did I use the Marauder as an example? That must have slipped.....

-5% Damage reduction - Just in case the Marauder is REALLY REALLY REALLY bad the 5% is the little "extra" that make sure he doesn't lose.

Pros:

Unload procs more often - Gee thanks. 3 second channel. I'll remember to use this when I'm not interrupted, stunned, rooted from behind, interrupted via sleep, knockback, knockdown, etc. etc.

Heatseeker Missile - 15%-20% extra damage with the fix. 15 second cooldown.

Roll back 1.2 ?

mmoskvit
04.13.2012 , 12:30 PM | #2
What he said.

cashogy
04.13.2012 , 12:32 PM | #3
wow.........

witchdoctaah
04.13.2012 , 12:53 PM | #4
Played my Merc a bit last night and this morning. And what was said above is all true.

TM definately doesnt hurt too much on the enemy (especially the first 2-3 i usually stop after 3)

Unload procs well. no complaints there.

HEat Missle hits hard - hit for 5400 yesterday.

DFA - dont really care...i use it maybe once per WZ to move some reps around.

I do feel i get melted faster now too. Maybe as other classes got dmg buffs?
For a heavy armor class, we are pretty squish-e

witchdoctaah
04.13.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
+ the 3% crit nerf sucked
and lost about 40-50 Aim after they tweaked gear.

RenegadeSLX
04.13.2012 , 01:10 PM | #6
Mercs dude seriously? Mercs are fine.

Powertechs.

If you dont know what I mean you will.

Notam_Vavaso
04.13.2012 , 01:21 PM | #7
Mercs are not fine. If you think they are you probably also enjoy ***** served on crackers. Our throughput dps was nerfed at least 25% while melee dps is now through the roof. Arsenal and Pyrotech mercs are the bottom of the pile for dps right now, we are the two worst dps in the game and definitely nearly the squishiest, but at the least the squishier dps classes have methods to escape if need be, we never really had much even with jet boost, it got nerfed too! LOL! We got ***** ten ways til Sunday. They reduced the damage on nearly every single attack we have.

TheNinjaboy
04.13.2012 , 01:46 PM | #8
I think he was talking about PT Pyrotechs which really didn't change much.

DPS Mercenaries stopped playing their Mercs and are -

#1. Playing a Sith Warrior

#2. Playing their PT Pyrotech exclusively.

#3. Quit the game

There is just no logical reason to play a Mercenary DPS class right now.

oldmantaggie
04.13.2012 , 01:54 PM | #9
I'm seeing the exact same thing for my commando (the 1.2 notes were almost identical for commandos and mercs). My damage is in the toilet and my only contributions in huttball just got nerfed (concussion charge).

I guess by "rebalanced in order to encourage more active gameplay rotations" they meant "rebalanced to get people to switch classes."

The_Duck
04.13.2012 , 01:54 PM | #10
What's the -3% crit ? I don't see that anywhere.
- The Duck