Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor - swg "nge"

-Backdraft-
04.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1
I haven't been writing here very much latley but when the servers are down I guess I could write some lines. If there is anyone with late SWG experience I would be happy to hear them out

Well first of all I don't want to start a complain theared even if i'm pretty sad about everything this game had to offer. Some parts are really really good but pretty quick you get tierd of it. I don't know if I am the only one who think one of the main problem is the small locked maps; it would be so much better with a world wide game where you could run all over the maps.

I used to play SWG and did if for a long time, that game was flawless; remember the first time on tattooine, you could run for many many hours to get to the "end" of the map. That game had so much to offer and if you just wanted to PVP you could log on your BH and hunt play jedi's.

But my main reason with this post is; SWTOR isn't it very close to the NGE combat uppdate that BIO did in the late days of SWG? The patch that made the whole game go down; from having ALOT of players to lose them all over afew weeks, i'm one of the guys who quit when that came. My point is; Is there anyone here who played SWG with the combat uppdate (NGE)? Isn't it very similar to what SWTOR is?
The feeling I have right now is that SWG (with the NGE-combat uppdate) is almost the same as this game right now? With just a story and remakes.

So, anyone with late swg experience that feels the same?

Reico
04.13.2012 , 11:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by -Backdraft- View Post
I haven't been writing here very much latley but when the servers are down I guess I could write some lines. If there is anyone with late SWG experience I would be happy to hear them out

Well first of all I don't want to start a complain theared even if i'm pretty sad about everything this game had to offer. Some parts are really really good but pretty quick you get tierd of it. I don't know if I am the only one who think one of the main problem is the small locked maps; it would be so much better with a world wide game where you could run all over the maps.

I used to play SWG and did if for a long time, that game was flawless; remember the first time on tattooine, you could run for many many hours to get to the "end" of the map. That game had so much to offer and if you just wanted to PVP you could log on your BH and hunt play jedi's.

But my main reason with this post is; SWTOR isn't it very close to the NGE combat uppdate that BIO did in the late days of SWG? The patch that made the whole game go down; from having ALOT of players to lose them all over afew weeks, i'm one of the guys who quit when that came. My point is; Is there anyone here who played SWG with the combat uppdate (NGE)? Isn't it very similar to what SWTOR is?
The feeling I have right now is that SWG (with the NGE-combat uppdate) is almost the same as this game right now? With just a story and remakes.

The simple fact that you compare anything to the NGE means you never played SWG.

But by all means, troll on.
PVPers are the biggest cry babies of any community
Reico Emeir - IOI - Tempest
<I O I>

WerTwist
04.13.2012 , 11:45 AM | #3
No, absolutely not.
Please BW let us play Ithorians!
First rule regarding trolls: They don't die, they multiply!

Explorer: 80%, Socializer: 80%, Achiever: 27%, Killer: 13%

Groncho
04.13.2012 , 11:46 AM | #4
PvP in NGE was awsome, both open world and battlefields
combat system was pretty good
u missed the best part
as for this one
the game has only 4 months live
no reason to cry
but hey
ppl loves drama
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

Chimi
04.13.2012 , 11:47 AM | #5
SWG was not flawless. Unless you were a Combat Medic/Rifleman or some variation of that with Swordsman, you had no chance. That game pigeon holed people into the same class.
--==MORS CERTA==--
Looking for highly skilled, progression oriented people for end game raiding.
Join Mors Certa

VainEldritch
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #6
This is nothing, nothing, NOTHING like the NGE.

If you say thet you have no idea whatsoever.
Vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanitas
"I didn't get where I am today by letting some snot-nosed Jedi Padawan leave my cheese out in the wind." Sith Imperial Guard Vorlok Vanitas explains why Jedi Younglings must die.
Star Wars: The Old Republic beta tester and Founder

-Backdraft-
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Reico View Post
The simple fact that you compare anything to the NGE means you never played SWG.

But by all means, troll on.

lol well the point was NGE because I think swtor and swg NGE was the same. Only tried it out for 3 weeks then quit. And why would that show I never did? lol

Chindi
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #8
Yeah, nothing like the NGE.
They would have to remove half the classes, change combat completely, sell an expansion to people right before announcing the changes (then have to refund due to the bait/switch). I could go on.

Zarkil
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #9
Nothing has ever, nor will anything ever, compare to the NGE. This game is nothing like SWG and never will be. That is both good and bad.
Why is it that we never listen to God yet we blame him when something goes wrong?

Gorrdan
04.13.2012 , 11:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Backdraft- View Post

Time for Jesus face palm.