Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

30 days Free???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

havenasp
04.13.2012 , 11:31 AM | #1
Why is this limited to level 50 players? I have many characters spread across different servers and have paid just the same as they have, and played almost daily across these servers. I think they should change this to either a different level or go by subscription time length.

Tnx was just my opinion and suggestion

Icebergy
04.13.2012 , 11:32 AM | #2
Here is an analogy for you, it may be bit of a stretch, but bear with me:

Lets say there is this restaurant you go to that also has a club. You are a loyal customer to the restaurant portion, but you don't go to the club. The company decides to reward its club customers with a free drink program for people that frequent the club. Do you, as a paying customer to the restaurant portion storm into the building and demand that you DESERVE a reward as well? No, of course you don't, because you know that you are not the part of the customer base that is being rewarded.

If you are not yet level 50, you are not in the part of the customer base Bioware wants to reward this time.

Either way, if you are in the group getting the free month or not. YOU DO NOT DESERVE IT, you are not entitled to anything. It is a thank you, not an obligation. Stop treating it as such.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

KongeMeier
04.13.2012 , 11:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by havenasp View Post
Why is this limited to level 50 players? I have many characters spread across different servers and have paid just the same as they have, and played almost daily across these servers. I think they should change this to either a different level or go by subscription time length.

Tnx was just my opinion and suggestion
I strongly agree with this!! See my signature!

Valakhnarr
04.13.2012 , 11:36 AM | #4
I wonder about all the people complaining that they won't get 30 days free because they don't have a level 50. Note that I don't either, and have no problem with Bio giving them a reward.

Are these the same men that sue bars that have "ladies' nights" because they don't get free drinks?

dronepilot
04.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #5
Personally I never asked for the 30 days free, no one was ever expecting this from Bioware, really ? was anyone ?! Its very much appreciated, and has and is doing much to help restore any lost faith in them. If that isn't enough, they are also crediting us with our lost day of play time due to server maintenance. You really can't ask for more than this can you ?!

I feel for you guys, who can't gain from the 30 days at this time, but have a little faith in Bioware, ! they will come up with another promotion soon enough or reward for its customers, I am sure they consider you guys as much as anyone else, valuable customers.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Erevis__Cale
04.13.2012 , 11:41 AM | #6
wow you beet me to this topic by about 30 seconds.

Starskee
04.13.2012 , 11:44 AM | #7
Just think, if you hadn't let your A.D.D. get the best of you, likely you would have 30 days free.

zadah
04.13.2012 , 11:45 AM | #8
I am more or less being punished for leveling 4 different classes to level 40+
I know that is not really the case but that is certainly what it feels like. Also I might add I've had to reroll 3 times because of dead servers.....if you would have already offered server transfers like nearly every other MMO then one of those other level 40s would have been 50 by now. Its not about money or time it's about the principle and the statement it sends to me as a loyal customer.

Also tired calling and they told me the decision is final and they dont care if I unsub or cant play etc. Even told me that I shouldnt expect a free day even though the game has been and continues to be down all day.

What kills me even more is that someone who resubed the day before 1.2 will get 30 free days for being an unloyal customer.

HyBRiDz
04.13.2012 , 11:45 AM | #9
just gotta blame yourselves for being fickle on which character to play on whatever server. i totally agree with the 30 days to level 50. i didnt expect it and didnt demand it. great that it's a bonus. doesnt matter if i didnt get it. i would just be sad for people who didn't have the time to play in the first place.
TK-6686
SITH ORDER (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
Republic Scum (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
gamers needed!!

Dazreah
04.13.2012 , 11:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Here is an analogy for you, it may be bit of a stretch, but bear with me:

Lets say there is this restaurant you go to that also has a club. You are a loyal customer to the restaurant portion, but you don't go to the club. The company decides to reward its club customers with a free drink program for people that frequent the club. Do you, as a paying customer to the restaurant portion storm into the building and demand that you DESERVE a reward as well? No, of course you don't, because you know that you are not the part of the customer base that is being rewarded.

If you are not yet level 50, you are not in the part of the customer base Bioware wants to reward this time.

Either way, if you are in the group getting the free month or not. YOU DO NOT DESERVE IT, you are not entitled to anything. It is a thank you, not an obligation. Stop treating it as such.
LOL that is not the same thing and pure bs. I have played since the game started and do not have a level 50 and got nothing. Someone who has played a month gets to 50 and gets 30 days free. Hmmm seems a bit of a slap in the face for loyal fans and customers.