Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank you for the final straw, now I don't feel bad about cancelling.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Thank you for the final straw, now I don't feel bad about cancelling.

Subatomix
04.13.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1
Just cancelled my subscription. I recall reading posts like this on these forums in the past and wondered why would anyone bother?

It's liberating!

Once you get your head out of this particular MMO's grind, inefficiencies and bugs, you realize that you've been chasing a wild goose all along.

They don't deserve our money, it's that simple.

These guys are getting paid quite well and sold their investors a shoddy bill of goods. They deserve to reap the consequences. When you don't deliver on huge promises in the software industry ... you're supposed to move to the back of the line.

Make room for the next group, please.
You are overpowered. Nerf yourself before it's too late.
http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/shop/browse.cfm

Icebergy
04.13.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2
Can I have your stuff?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

SWTOR-GR
04.13.2012 , 11:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Can I have your stuff?
if he still has stuff or characters
Swtor Greece
▀ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀▐|▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Lochknar
04.13.2012 , 11:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Can I have your stuff?
Go earn your own stuff...oh you can't because you can't play right now.

GreySix
04.13.2012 , 11:08 AM | #5
If you're looking to give away those now-useless credits:

User: Greysix
Server: Fort Garnick

Thanks much!

Metaphysixx
04.13.2012 , 11:14 AM | #6
Go play wow, rifts, eve, eq, etc...they all experience the same thing.

If you like swinging a light saber and beating up bad/good guys,,then deal with it.

It doesnt get better with you next 10 hour dowload and 60 dollar game purchase.

It just puts you into another game with fail patch issues. No one has gotten it right.
Especially not the BEHEMOTH WOW.
What makes you think a relatively small team at BIOware is going to get it right in its first year?

WOW has had 6 years with MILLIONS of dollars in profit and they still cant get it right.

Please stop ranting and give them a chance.....or simply leave and try your luck elsewhere.
The only thing to fear are the Yellow Eyes in the dark...

Anthemius
04.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Subatomix View Post
Just cancelled my subscription. I recall reading posts like this on these forums in the past and wondered why would anyone bother?

It's liberating!

Once you get your head out of this particular MMO's grind, inefficiencies and bugs, you realize that you've been chasing a wild goose all along.

These guys are getting paid quite well and sold their investors a shoddy bill of goods. They deserve to reap the consequences. When you don't deliver on huge promises in the software industry ... you're supposed to move to the back of the line.

Why did you bother? If posting about quitting an mmo is liberating then seriously...

I can never figure out why ppl post that they are cancelling subs. Are they so mad and frustrated things aren't how they want them to be that they have to preach to the only ppl that would listen? Even though all the people that saw this thread don't even know you i/g and won't care less five minutes after they read this post.

Do they have such a vengeance and feel so wronged, b/c they've paid $15 for a few months and it didn't work out how they wanted, that post about how they're quitting in order to enrage or encourage others to do the same. Just shameless and ugly...

No, its not liberating it's instant gratification that, unfortunately, plauges so many people who post on these and other mmo forums, I'm sure. People have been spoiled by some of these games and devs and think they always deserve a custom tailored game for them personally b/c they pay $15 every month. Lemme tell you now, even though it wont sink in, you're never going to find eutopia.

It's horrible for the rest of us who come to the forums when we have an extra few minutes or the server is down and we want to find useful info on the game. You have to wade thru these BS posts to find anything constructive at all and that's just sad.

I was really hoping, when this game started, that it would have these amazing forums where one could find info and interact with other gamers leading to productive discussion, but I get this....Hey, I guess that's my fault for thinking there is some sort of eutopian mmo accompanied by an even better forums.

I saw a post earlier that did help explain some of the trash I see here, but it doesn't explain all the "good bye cruel world" posts.

"Unfortunately all these fails that came over from WoW have learned over the years that it is easier to just ***** and have it changed than to put a little effort into a game to learn the ins and outs of their class and become OP just by actually being good. QQ get more PewPew." JezterXIII

Sainteagle
04.13.2012 , 11:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Subatomix View Post

It's liberating!

who cares? I'll help you pack your things on your voyage back to WoW. Just gives the loyal players more room for people who wanna keep playing cause its a game, not a dang life support.
\\\\\\ P A R A G O N //////

slimnoche
04.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #9
Have fun playing whatever, see ya.
"I used to buy a lot of M&Ms, but then I switched to aspirin. I find if you hand your friend two aspirin, he doesn't look at you like you're selfish. -Mitch Hedberg

mooniz
04.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #10
ehm, why is it so important to let everyone know that you're unsubscribing?
Why would we care?
Expecting us to get down on our knees and say "oh please, pretty please, don't leave us" ??

Who gives a **** if someone quits the game? Probably one whiner less to annoy the rest of us.

good riddance. Bye bye