Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

compensation for down times?

Mannce
04.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalanox View Post
He didn't get it, so it doesn't exist in his little bubble world.
I live in big bright world. Sadly I have to share it with allot of people that are so mellow dramatic. But it takes all different sorts. Thanks. Internet nerds are the best! Disagree with them, or tell them anything other then what they want to here and they go all Doom on ya. Real special community I belong to here.

Luxorxp
04.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannce View Post
Nah there was a screw up the day before. Basicaly they were told, reinstall the client, or wait till the patch comes out. He CHOOSE to do the first. He could have as easily waited.
No... the patch never worked. The CS Rep was trying to pass of any way he could, the blame onto the customers... in the end after all the stuff this rep told us, he said it was our internet companies that was messed up!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL. He said we were all corruptly sent files because our ISP companies had bad internet server,,, LOLOLOL what a joke and totally disrespectful to not take the blame for your companies mistakes... it says in the SWTOR log files that the FILES SENT 4/11 prepatch were corrupted.....

but first..... back to the topic.... he was telling everyone to reinstall SWTOR completely! (as reported in a official news update by a major mod here)

I was the person who figured out they were giving BAD INFORMATION and to not reinstall..... but by the time I figured it out myself and told others, it was too late for me since I already took their ill advice to try and fix the CORRUPTLY SENT BY BIOWARE patch (which you downloaded automatically if you played the night of 4/11.... if not, you download a non-corrupt patch 4/12 thanks for players like me who reported the bad corrupt patch as noted in the SWTOR install logs!)

GET REAL, you are so wrong..... and I know how to fix computers, as I went to school for it... so I am far from as ignorance as you can get.
BWOOP BWOOP!

dronepilot
04.13.2012 , 11:20 AM | #23
I had absolutely no problem installing the patch, and worked like a champ on start. Also I am pretty sure it does say some where in the TOS, that you signed up for, that game time, is also subject to maintenance time too included with the subscription. They got you over a barrel, they don't have to give you or me anything.

They have been a very generous company recently giving out lots of free time, and gifts for their players, just have some patience to fix problems they have had with those patches. Its also Friday the 13th what do we expect !
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Mannce
04.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxorxp View Post
No... the patch never worked. The CS Rep was trying to pass of any way he could, the blame onto the customers... so he was telling everyone to reinstall SWTOR (as reported in a official news update by a major mod here)

I was the person who figured out they were giving BAD INFORMATION and to not reinstall..... but by the time I figured it out myself and told others, it was too late for me since I already took their ill advice to try and fix the CORRUPTLY SENT BY BIOWARE patch (which you downloaded automatically if you played the night of 4/11.... if not, you download a non-corrupt patch 4/12 thanks for players like me who reported the bad corrupt patch as noted in the SWTOR install logs!)

GET REAL, you are so wrong..... and I know how to fix computers, as I went to school for it... so I am far from as ignorance as you can get.
You were the person that figure out..... I'm gonna stop right there. Cya. Try and smile today. Have a good one.

EDIT: Oh and I did exactly what they told me to do, and waited till thrusday morning. Worked fine. Perhaps your fix is what caused your corrupt download? Thanks.

Tethlah
04.13.2012 , 11:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxorxp View Post
What about all day yesterday? And who knows if it will be down tomorrow or next week? (wanna bet on that?)

Not to mention it was not just down, but I had to reinstall the entire game like many others, ALL BECAUSE, AND ONLY BECAUSE, they sent out bad corrupt patches to early.

That's easily $1, plus the aggravation of installing it all again, plus losing all my hotkeys and such.... wow, huge headache. All to play a game that I PAY MONTHLY FOR. You are not thinking clearly.

If they were a good company, they would refune the money due....... because its due, I got nothing for my $$$. Literally nothing. I had to WORK, literally do computer work, to get the game working again. They OWE ME. If you don't think so, you don't make $25-50 an hour on the computer like me do you?
I make between 150-200 an hour on the computer so does my vote count?

They gave every subscriber a full day credit. A full day of game play is more than the few hours I spent trying to un**** their mistake.

Here is the thing though, we chose to spend time trying to get a game to work rather than work on something that makes us money. I can't blame BW for the time I spent trying to fix the game when I chose to try to fix it.

However, I can blame them for the time I can't play because of their mistakes, between today and yesterday that comes out to about 15 hours total, they have offered EVERYONE a full 24 hours of free gameplay. Which means they have paid for the time I had no choice in loosing, any time I spent in ability or skill is comped by my own stupidity.

Luxorxp
04.13.2012 , 11:23 AM | #26
You were the person that figure out..... I'm gonna stop right there. Cya. Try and smile today. Have a good one.
Do you want the thread? I mean, honestly... look at the first 2 pages of the support forum here..... Its 15+ pages long, and it started only yesterday since thats when all this happened, smart guy!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=402495

Wow, it went up to 36 pages... yeah, owned? Sit down and shut up. kthx
BWOOP BWOOP!

jonnythegreat
04.13.2012 , 11:23 AM | #27
yeah its really not good that the servers are down at EU peak times, like for example today its 18:21 here and the servers have been down all day, but they are back up a 23:00, that is just terrible and for US players the times are back up at like 16:00 SOOOO NOT FAIR GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

Luxorxp
04.13.2012 , 11:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tethlah View Post
I make between 150-200 an hour on the computer so does my vote count?

They gave every subscriber a full day credit. A full day of game play is more than the few hours I spent trying to un**** their mistake.

Here is the thing though, we chose to spend time trying to get a game to work rather than work on something that makes us money. I can't blame BW for the time I spent trying to fix the game when I chose to try to fix it.

However, I can blame them for the time I can't play because of their mistakes, between today and yesterday that comes out to about 15 hours total, they have offered EVERYONE a full 24 hours of free gameplay. Which means they have paid for the time I had no choice in loosing, any time I spent in ability or skill is comped by my own stupidity.
I have heard 3 days... and now you are saying 1 day. Yet my account still shows that I have 30 days of gametime this month, not 31 with the extra day.

Proof or shens
BWOOP BWOOP!

slimnoche
04.13.2012 , 11:27 AM | #29
Why wouldn't it be? They apologized. For most normal people this is enough.
True. Do you realize you are playing a game with thousands of people that connects them all through wires wrapped in plastic....when you push a button your key board that has no wires it sends a signal to your comp and to everyone else's that you want to shoot....instantly. (yes i know none of what i just said is tech correct...the point gets across) And all you do is pay $15 a month....calm down. This is a mmo. This happens to every mmo. Get over it.

Also just be happy Bioware/EA are at the head of this and not SOE, otherwise it would be a couple days with no info. They are on the ball with the updates.

So lets review, 1) Playing a game that is run by witchcraft. 2) Calm down. 3) Be grateful we don't have neanderthals running the shoe.
"I used to buy a lot of M&Ms, but then I switched to aspirin. I find if you hand your friend two aspirin, he doesn't look at you like you're selfish. -Mitch Hedberg

Sparxysparx
04.13.2012 , 11:27 AM | #30
Hi there,

Click here and scroll down, or read:
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.
Best of luck!
I am in no way affiliated with BioWare. I am simply a Star Wars: The Old Republic player.