Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

compensation for down times?

GalakDarkmoon
04.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1
as you know lots of people complain about downtimes, especially the EU because the servers go down during our peek times.

so we payed around 40 average and then almost 10 per month which for people like myself and others can be alot after some time as there is a recession on in the uk and many other countries so money is tight for alot of people.

so if you think about it we are paying for nothing because the servers are down so often, and it can last for hours. added together it probably adds up to a few days of downtime that we have payed for but played nothing which i and many others see as unfair and for obvious reasons.

so my idea is if bioware could add up all the downtime (which is easy) and then give everyone those days free, so then we are not losing any gametime and then bioware wont get any complaints about it anymore as we dont lose out and neither do they. and people may think when would we get these free days, we could have a certain week where nobody pays (i dont mean trial accounts) i mean people with subs, there days left dont get used.

please feel free to leave feedback
1st Corellian Marine Corps
The Progenitor /whisper Lennox

Icebergy
04.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #2
While I am sure they will give us something, you really need to chill the heck out. They just gave us 30 days free.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

GreySix
04.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GalakDarkmoon View Post
as you know lots of people complain about downtimes, especially the EU because the servers go down during our peek times.

so we payed around 40 average and then almost 10 per month which for people like myself and others can be alot after some time as there is a recession on in the uk and many other countries so money is tight for alot of people.

so if you think about it we are paying for nothing because the servers are down so often, and it can last for hours. added together it probably adds up to a few days of downtime that we have payed for but played nothing which i and many others see as unfair and for obvious reasons.

so my idea is if bioware could add up all the downtime (which is easy) and then give everyone those days free, so then we are not losing any gametime and then bioware wont get any complaints about it anymore as we dont lose out and neither do they. and people may think when would we get these free days, we could have a certain week where nobody pays (i dont mean trial accounts) i mean people with subs, there days left dont get used.

It's not the worst idea I've seen.

Quote:
While I am sure they will give us something, you really need to chill the heck out. They just gave us 30 days free.
Really, when did that happen? Or is it just for those with Level 50 characters?

Luxorxp
04.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #4
I already made a thread about this... they will close this, and forward you to a thread that totally doesn't not talk about getting free game time.

They will do whatever it takes to not payback what their customers are due..... especially deleting posts about proving this bad point.

Never forget this main point............ THIS IS ALL CAUSED BY THEIR LACK OF TESTING AND SUCH. 100% their fault, not ours. And its costing me extra time to reinstall it all.... 5+ hours wasted yesterday trying to fix their screw up corrupt patch installation, and I got to play for maybe 2 or 3, and then I canont play again.

We should be due 7 days, especially if people get 30 days for being level 50! ***, give us what we PAID FOR ALREADY. You are voiding your contract for $14.99. One day is worthy, but 2 days in a row, all based off of piss poor patch design and installation..... why should I pay for that?
BWOOP BWOOP!

Aieny
04.13.2012 , 11:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Not everyone benefitted from that.

HunchaBoes
04.13.2012 , 11:05 AM | #6
Someone already did the math...

Your downtime for today amounts to a max of $0.14-$0.16USD... If you want compensation, bioware suggests you look between the seat cushions of your living room couch.

Thanks.

Escarrabutxaques
04.13.2012 , 11:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GalakDarkmoon View Post

Not going to happen. In mind of some managers a "thank you for your patience" is enough for compensation.

Mannce
04.13.2012 , 11:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HunchaBoes View Post

Your downtime for today amounts to a max of $0.14-$0.16USD... If you want compensation, bioware suggests you look between the seat cushions of your living room couch.

Thanks.
You forgot to mention checking on top of your dryer, or in the middle compartment of your car. Otherwise LOL. I called owned.

Luxorxp
04.13.2012 , 11:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HunchaBoes View Post

Thanks.
What about all day yesterday? And who knows if it will be down tomorrow or next week? (wanna bet on that?)

Not to mention it was not just down, but I had to reinstall the entire game like many others, ALL BECAUSE, AND ONLY BECAUSE, they sent out bad corrupt patches to early.

That's easily $1, plus the aggravation of installing it all again, plus losing all my hotkeys and such.... wow, huge headache. All to play a game that I PAY MONTHLY FOR. You are not thinking clearly.

If they were a good company, they would refune the money due....... because its due, I got nothing for my $$$. Literally nothing. I had to WORK, literally do computer work, to get the game working again. They OWE ME. If you don't think so, you don't make $25-50 an hour on the computer like me do you?
BWOOP BWOOP!

Mannce
04.13.2012 , 11:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Escarrabutxaques View Post
Not going to happen. In mind of some managers a "thank you for your patience" is enough for compensation.
Why wouldn't it be? They apologized. For most normal people this is enough.