Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some BW love for a change...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Some BW love for a change...

DarkSamink
04.13.2012 , 11:28 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by SargeShadywalker View Post
They are sending out Free 30 days to all paid accounts! Check your email account...They essentially are paying you back for this downtime plus interest! So even the guy with 8 accounts and no life will get 30 days per account.
No they are only sending to lvl 50s

If this is different provide the source

cuz heres mine http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1
Xavos - Level 50 Jedi Sentinel - Republic Operations
Xaios - Level 21 Sith Marauder - Spectres of War

Xonea
04.13.2012 , 11:29 AM | #62
I must say that it is nice to see some people are understanding of the fact that stuff happens and they are working to fix it. To those complaining about it, I hear the outdoors are pretty nice this time of year. Why not get reacquainted with them instead of wasting time complaining about things that you have no control over? Have a nice day

Dakraku
04.13.2012 , 11:30 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Broom View Post
So yeah, I'm in a line of business where 12 hour days 6 days in a row are not uncommon. That 1 day a week kinda gets precious that way.
I don't think they took everyone's schedule into account to do this. I know *I* didn't get a courtesy call.

Quikfox
04.13.2012 , 11:30 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Antares_Navaar View Post
I didn't try to come across as BioWare not doing a good job, because I don't believe that. I believe they're doing a great job, and I can easily wait for this, but in the eyes of many, they don't see a new gaming company vrs. an old one, they see one being better than the other.

My main point was that the argument other than this was just not well made.
From my understanding most SWTOR players either came from another MMO or are new to MMOs.

Those new players have no idea what to expect so they may get upset as it may seem like this is a trend for MMOs, which it is for the most part until the developer gets more experience as time goes on.

Old MMO players have been babied by numerous years of playing the same MMO, I'll use WoW for example. They may have forgotten how Blizzard handled WoW's launch or simply weren't around for it and either came in during TBC, WotLK, or Cata when the team had more experience under their belt.

Point being this is their first MMO, they need some slack till they get a handle on things. Just like with anything in life the first time you do something you are bound to make mistakes, most people understand while some don't. Those who don't understand, well you wouldn't want to be around those people anyway.

People are human, they can and will make mistakes in life.
When hell is full... The dead will walk the earth...

Evangelist
04.13.2012 , 11:30 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Broom View Post
So yeah, I'm in a line of business where 12 hour days 6 days in a row are not uncommon. That 1 day a week kinda gets precious that way.
Soooooooo...what else do you do besides play SWTOR? Maybe do one of those things today instead. Go outside, see/rent a movie, talk to a member of the opposite (or same if you swing that way) sex, spend time with your SO, go to the Zoo. The possibilites are numerous.

leeroyclarkson
04.13.2012 , 11:34 AM | #66
Its like we picked up all the 12 year olds from WoW and lost the adults. You guys complain about EVERYTHING. Its 14.99 a month, thats McDonalds for one meal out of 90. If you can't swing it you should be playing free games.
I got the 30 days and sure it was nice, but I wouldn't be blowing up over NOT getting it. I have 4 co-workers who play and none of them have gotten to 50 yet. FYI, I don't think its a 50 thing, I think its who helped give them feedback that they can use to make the game better. Have you done any Hard FP, or OPS, given forum feedback, gotten on the test server to help preview the 1.2 patch, or PVP past valor 10? I wasted HOURS of time in Hard EV trying to time the colums correctly to get past that point. Now they have changed it so the next groups that get there do not have the same problems.
Don't tell me that they should have tested more to get rid of bugs, it wasnt that long ago that everyone was ************ about when is the release date, i have been waiting forever!

For what they have done with this game, in the amount of time they have taken to do it is amazing. WoW had rollbacks, WoW had downtime that was unexpected and lasted for hours or DAYS and that was after 3 YEARS, this game is still only 5 months old. And the amount of features they have fixed and released due to US ASKING FOR THEM is INSANE. You want dual spec, we working on it, you want more space missions, on it. You want a better UI, here you go. You want to romance same sex relationships, give us til summer. Read the forums, I knew the tier bonus didn't move over with armoring mod, its only on the new armor that you can do that. Relax people, go play Skyrim for 6 hours.
Make a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, light a man on fire

and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Paython
04.13.2012 , 11:38 AM | #67
Agree with OP.

HyBRiDz
04.13.2012 , 11:40 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Onmensch View Post
How can you praise them now, they litterely destroyed a whole day, wich we all pay for, because of them screwing up
LOL 1 day.. its not 1 week. don't make it a big deal. they;re compensating it anyway.
TK-6686
SITH ORDER (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
Republic Scum (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
gamers needed!!

HyBRiDz
04.13.2012 , 11:41 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by SargeShadywalker View Post
They are sending out Free 30 days to all paid accounts! Check your email account...They essentially are paying you back for this downtime plus interest! So even the guy with 8 accounts and no life will get 30 days per account.
the 30 days wasnt for this downtime. it was stated before 1.2 patch and only those with a level 50
TK-6686
SITH ORDER (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
Republic Scum (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
gamers needed!!

SargeShadywalker
04.13.2012 , 12:03 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by HyBRiDz View Post
the 30 days wasnt for this downtime. it was stated before 1.2 patch and only those with a level 50
Ok so maybe it wasnt stated EXACTLY in writing that it was for downtime but it was more or less BW saying hey thanks for putting up with launch and sticking in there for a few months with us as we cut our teeth in the MMO world and for investing your time to lvl your characters up and come to these forums and post feedback and suggestions etc. To me thats basically them saying thanks to alot of their players they feel that have hung in there and played and payed $$ over the past few months while things have gone the way they have. Sure thats my opinion but the shoe fits that bill for me.
(██████████████████▊░||||(۞)||||░▊██████████████████)