Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some BW love for a change...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Some BW love for a change...

Antares_Navaar
04.13.2012 , 10:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakraku View Post
I completely understand defecation occurs. Sorry you guys are getting beat up over this.

At least this user will NOT:

***** and whine
Demand a day of free play
Threaten to Unsub
Curse your name (and EA)
Shake my nerd fist in your general direction

I like the game, I think the 1.2 patch has brought some good things. Appreciate the hard work you all do. Keep up the good work and see you when the servers are back up!
I understand where you're coming from, and honestly, I agree. I just won't agree if the rumor I've seen about rollbacks end up becoming true. But I tend to escalate rumors and fuss. Dismissing it, I do agree fully. This patch is great, and if I have to wait a day to play it, I couldn't care less. I was here yesterday, I'm here tomorrow. 1 day out of the time I'll likely be spending? Not bad, as long as I don't end up getting totally screwed over in the end.
Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same.

Myshkyn
04.13.2012 , 10:45 AM | #12
I think Bioware is doing a good job, all things considered. They're releasing a new game, designed from the ground up, and doing what they can, as they can, to deal with the multitude of issues that are arising out of that.

Ive come across a few minor bugs, as I have played, but nothing that would make me leave the game, or cancel my account. Certainly nothing that would make me scream and whine and pout on the forums.

A lot of players will spout off about how WoW works better, or has fewer glitches, or whatever their mantra is. How long has WoW been in existence? How many patches? How many expansions? Comparing the two is ridiculous.

Dakraku
04.13.2012 , 10:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalanox View Post
The game has been unplayable for three days now for many of us, and bioware simply doesn't care. I don't give praise and love to a company that doesn't deserve it. They don't give people cookies for doing so, yet you fanboys still believe they will.
Sorry some of you are having issues... but not EVERYONE is. I have had no real issues (just some minor sound and 'no eyes' graphics) other than the downtime today.

Not sure what you are experiencing... but as far as I'm concerned it's only a day gone. Go read a book or take your significant other out for dinner.

Hegners
04.13.2012 , 10:47 AM | #14
Im as bored as the next guy with not being able to play, but I realize that these things happen .

Im surprised with all the mindreaders/psychics we have on boards though, stating that BW doesnt care

My personal guess is, that its not a fun office to work in just at this moment, stressing out as every second cost them money, cos perhaps some of the ppl threatening to leave due to some hours downtime may actually do it, allthough, been there, seen it all before, and it turns out usually with the ppl moaning the most, will still be playing when game is back up - they just spend their boredom on going nuts on board instead of in general chat in game

Happy friday to all :-)

Antares_Navaar
04.13.2012 , 10:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomslappa View Post
im not asking for cookies.. and obviously they are working on it.. so like i said before.. if u think you can do a better job programming.. then put up or shut up..

or go stand in the crowd with all the other hissy fit throwers who forgot how to function outside of a computer chair..
You're defending for the right side, IMO, but this argument is poor. We as costumers don't need to be able to do a better job than the company, nor do we have to have any knowledge in it. What we know is that other companies have done better, and do still.

I think this patch is worth waiting for if need be, but don't bring up the 'Oh, you're saying this movie is bad? You try making one!' argument.
Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same.

Skuggan
04.13.2012 , 10:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakraku View Post
I completely understand defecation occurs. Sorry you guys are getting beat up over this.

At least this user will NOT:

***** and whine
Demand a day of free play
Threaten to Unsub
Curse your name (and EA)
Shake my nerd fist in your general direction

I like the game, I think the 1.2 patch has brought some good things. Appreciate the hard work you all do. Keep up the good work and see you when the servers are back up!
I dont care about free play, or the 30-days free time.
Money is not an issue to me, but time is and I have short of time and live in Europe so this patch, or failed backup solution as I would call it wich force them to rebuild the gamefiles piece by piece instead of just using a backup. The biggest issue is not that their backups failed, it's that they apply these patches and tries to run a backup during European prime time.
Win7 64-bit, i7-3930K, 16GB Corsair GT Dominator 2133mhz, 2x GTX 680.

DeathRakerX
04.13.2012 , 10:50 AM | #17
Anyone who has played vanilla WoW knows that this is normal in the process. Compared to woW BW has done a good job keeping downtime to a minimum. It was common during Vanilla that the servers would be down for days at a time without any compensation.

Dakraku
04.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Skuggan View Post
I dont care about free play, or the 30-days free time.
Money is not an issue to me, but time is and I have short of time and live in Europe so this patch, or failed backup solution as I would call it wich force them to rebuild the gamefiles piece by piece instead of just using a backup. The biggest issue is not that their backups failed, it's that they apply these patches and tries to run a backup during European prime time.
I don't know who they contracted their server farm to (if at all) but I will say that patching ALL server clusters at the 'same' time is kinda funky given the huge time differences.

DarthMat
04.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #19
Yea, it sucks to have down time. I literally rolled a bounty hunter and arrive on planet as the 3 minute countdown started. I am not complaining though. Like others are saying, what do you want them to do, reimburse a whole quarter? I don't know about you guys but my game was quite glitchy yesterday. Hopefully thats what this patch is for. Stuff happens. At least they are trying to fix whatever the issue is right away and not have you whine about it for weeks.

HunchaBoes
04.13.2012 , 10:52 AM | #20
I agree with the OP... Im more laughing at this stupid mess up than I am angry about it.

The one thing I will say to Bioware and I hope someone there reads this:

This is karma for nerfing sorc healing into oblivion... I hope in their time spend rebuilding assets, they consider reverting sorc healers to pre-1.2.