Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic has stopped working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Star Wars: The Old Republic has stopped working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tauntown
12.17.2011 , 04:14 AM | #1
Hello,
Two days ago I got my invitation to early game access. However since then I wasn't able to load the game from my own PC.
Whenever I run the game after re-installing, it gets me to the end of the intro and then crashes to desktop, often with the message saying "Star Wars: The Old Republic has stopped working", giving me the usual windows 7 option of checking for issues (which does not work at all). After the first load and the crash after the intro, it does not even make it to the video, just crashes after the poster image in the same manner.

I've tried purging everything on my PC, including the total cleaning of windows registry from any files related to SWTOR and re-istalling afterwards....guess what? Nothing changed.
My drivers are all up-to-date, I have the important windows 7 updates installed.

My processor is an Intel Dual Core E5200 and my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, got also 2GBs of RAM on my desktop and as far as I'm concerned these should run the game smoothly.

I'm getting really frustrated here and on the brink of throwing the copy out the window.(yes I own a copy and installed the game with it). I've spent my last 14 hours trying to resolve the problem, sending your support team 2 emails in the proccess but did not get an answer so I'm trying my luck here.
"And I thought they smelled bad...on the outside."
Planned Human Jedi Consular - Sage/Seer

tauntown
12.17.2011 , 04:24 AM | #2
gonna bump it until there's a reaction

KoseBamsen
12.17.2011 , 04:27 AM | #3
Same problem here.

Win 7 64 bit
i5 2500K
8GB ram
2x 570 in Sli

Tryin new graphic driver as we speak.

tauntown
12.17.2011 , 04:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KoseBamsen View Post
Same problem here.

Win 7 64 bit
i5 2500K
8GB ram
2x 570 in Sli

Tryin new graphic driver as we speak.
I heard that SLI can cause the problem, deactivating it might be an option...but I doubt anything in this mess to be honest.

KoseBamsen
12.17.2011 , 04:41 AM | #5
Yeah I tried to disable Sli but still same problem im afraid.

Tgeahre
12.17.2011 , 04:43 AM | #6
I'm having the same problem. I get to running around and the game freezes and closes with a windows message.
I had almost no problems with this kind of issue during the Betas, but after uninstalling and re-installing the pre-launch client, I get kicked out 3-4 times an hour!!!!!

I might be able to handle once per hour. it is the pre-launch, it happens. but 3-4 time per hour is A LOT!!

Bioware, Please help

KoseBamsen
12.17.2011 , 04:50 AM | #7
How much free HDD space you got? I got like 18GB, probably not the problem but if you guys are low like me mayby its worth freeing more space?

tauntown
12.17.2011 , 04:52 AM | #8
I have more than 300GB free

tauntown
12.17.2011 , 05:10 AM | #9
Bioware, we are still having the problem! BUMP

KoseBamsen
12.17.2011 , 05:32 AM | #10