Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound is all kinds of messed up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sound is all kinds of messed up
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

trueanimus
04.13.2012 , 09:27 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHiddenOfer View Post
I'm also having sound problem when on fleet. Have loud background noise (loud mount noise)
light sabers sound like chain saws! WaaaahhooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

and yeah.. i get the cut outs and loss of some sounds. Ill be running around killing.. lose all battle sounds and just able to hear footsteps and buffs.. its wierd..

plus i hear the patch is killing video card settings also.. hope they fix this asap

kinda scary to even load the game now
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW

Iliac
04.13.2012 , 09:28 AM | #12
Yeah, this is my number one problem since the update. Last night running ops, everyone lost their sound. In explosive conflict, we could hear our foot steps and static. Nothing else. I think the static was supposed to be the water from the river/water fall. Gave me a headache and was really tough loosing all of the audio cues from my abilities.
"We live in a country that guarantees your free speech,
but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct"
-Neil DeGrass Tyson

Evangelist
04.13.2012 , 09:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings oMGitsree,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of the issue and we are currently working on a solution. This issue will be resolved in a future patch, but unfortunately I cannot currently give you a firm time frame for when this will be. I understand the frustration this may cause, but ask for your patience while the matter is resolved.

Thank you.
I made a post elsewhere about the same issues. Hopefully the patch is soon as the dialogue/cutscenes are such a major part of the game & storyline. The CS guys and Forum mods are earning their pay today. GL to you with it.

trueanimus
04.13.2012 , 09:29 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelflaed View Post
I've had story dialogues go silent, and my character's mouth stopped moving. Very strange. Ambient sound could be awful, especially on the Fleets. I *think* it was off in other areas, too. Not birds chirping, but more, this awful airport whine. Not the white noise I would have chosen!
ditto.. lost char voices.. no lips moving. seems to happen more frequently if you choose to spacebar a part of a conversation. then the chars move really fast, no voice .. only the subtext. and ambient noises get really loud til you reload.
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW

trueanimus
04.13.2012 , 09:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WillParkinson View Post
I have companions that I send out on missions only sounding like they are coming out of one speaker on the stereo and even then sound very far away.
yup// got this also

OldMarmy
04.13.2012 , 09:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHiddenOfer View Post
I'm also having sound problem when on fleet. Have loud background noise (loud mount noise)
yes, and companions who sound like they are 3 rooms away...

LogikGP
04.13.2012 , 11:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by trueanimus View Post
ditto.. lost char voices.. no lips moving. seems to happen more frequently if you choose to spacebar a part of a conversation. then the chars move really fast, no voice .. only the subtext. and ambient noises get really loud til you reload.
This was a big issue for me. I have no idea what the story is for "Explosive Conflict" since in the middle of the first exchange (with the droid on the fleet) the sound cut out. My character wasn't talking and the only part of the NPC's conversation I got was the last line thanks to the subtitles that appear when you get you dialogue choices.

Other than that it wasn't so bad... save for warzones being almost completely silent, the fleet sounding like being on an airport runway, the interior of my ship sounding like a stereo left on full blast but playing nothing, and most other areas only filled with the sound of my footsteps and the sometimes subtle, sometimes overwhelming hum of my lightsaber...

In short there are quite a number of issues with sound. Not to mention that EVERY companion character (especially Kira Carsen and Nadia Grell) feel compelled to have their weapon drawn at all times, even on the player's ship.
The Mav Legacy
Marrdigan, Selven, Valha, M'irra, Marric, Miphune, Xeldo

J'sahra, Shi'ra, Bavmorrda, Brütal'is, Bennitsübasa

Frog_brains
04.13.2012 , 11:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OldMarmy View Post
yes, and companions who sound like they are 3 rooms away...
This happened to me to while i was on my ship i just figured they did that on purpose to reflect the positions they were while they're on the ship. ie c2-n2 is closer to the cockpit so he was loudest, and Theran, qyzen and zenith being on the lower lvl of the ship sounded like they were speaking from there. I actually thought that was pretty cool ambient effect. Now it's turning out to be a bug!!