Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Maintenance

Alric_Annondu
04.13.2012 , 09:56 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by brother_wulfe View Post
UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.
Well ****, that's about 6 hours for me.
MADNESS- Firaxa Shark

Chaykin
04.13.2012 , 09:56 AM | #502
IHA!

[Servers offline] Downtime expected until 6:00PM CDT | Today , 04:54 PM

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3899809

Drakeclaw
04.13.2012 , 09:56 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by ACLucius View Post
Unfortunately, this means all of the idiots will come out of the woodwork and start complaining first because the patch screwed something up, then start complaining that they can't play because BW is taking down the servers to fix it. Sometimes, I wish they would put an age restriction on forums. Or at the very least require people to take a psychological exam before they can post to make sure they are at least mature enough to.
IT takes all kinds to make a MMORPG community. A lot of people are immature. For instance, the original Drakeclaw who gave me this account is in his majority, and he is still a compulsive whiner.

I'm enjoying PvP on Kinrath Spider and RP on Lord Ieldis. And I'm not complaining.
According to the Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, there are an infinite amount of possibilities -- there fore, all fiction is true and real.

xoaxie
04.13.2012 , 09:56 AM | #504
Monti Python ik den Holie Grailen
Wish in one hand......

Zortrax
04.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #505
I think it will take a lot of hours to get the servers back.

First they need to find a way to fix all the itens that everyone lost and this is probably very hard.

Second they will need to create a new patch to fix the server

Third, they will need to make a lots of tests to make sure the problem is solved. Maybe in 5 or 6 hours weŽll be able to play

karaconejar
04.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by XenoRuellis View Post
Click the link below and press F5 999999999x. You'll be surprised on what will happen.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status
yeah.. i did that like 100000000000000000000x already.

still suprised though.

why am i seeing red arrows XD

Nitchin
04.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Alric_Annondu View Post
Well ****, that's about 6 hours for me.
since today is the 13th its 30 hours.
What we really need is a driod that understand the binary language of moisture evaporators.

TwIzTiDkIlLa
04.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #508
omg thats a long time wow QQ
TwIzTiD

ekwalizer
04.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by ross_deutsch View Post
oh snap it is Friday the 13th... I should go out tonight.... after i finish this bottle of jim beam
You could ride in that other dude's van and work on another bottle
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

bladeray
04.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #510
i love how people act so outraged/surprised by server down time in an mmo, especially a new 1. personally I expected this after such a big patch. If this has pushed u to unsub I dont recommend u play any other mmos cause its the same with all the others as well, sometimes the servers go down unexpectedly. And no we dont deserve an extra day of game time because the servers went down for awhile gees, it happens get over it.