Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Maintenance

Semitote
04.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by OddKoD View Post
For an estimated 50% or more of the subscribers, I'm assuming this isn't your first RODEO; which leaves you open to extensive criticizing how Bioware is doing with their FIRST MMORPG. However, I and people alike know the raging happening today is about SWtOR subscribers comparing this to a veteran MMO established of 10+ years. ex: WoW.

Take a step back in time to Blizzard 10years prior and compare it to present Bioware please. Both exceptional companies, but like WoW, SWtOR will lack in the "development department" for some time LIKE BLIZZARD DID. As it was new for them, it is also new to Bioware. Any early MMO is likely to have patching issues, as for the time and place that was bad news ALL on Bioware's part; but to the relativity that this game is close to falling apart, SWtOR is far from it. SW has a compelling fan base that has lasted decades and continues to grow and grasp people, beyond Blizzard and the gaming realm, and will continue to overpower most franchises for time to come.

WoW has come extremely far in 10years and rallies an enormous amount of subscribers to this day so there is all the hope EVER that this game is going to succeed if you give it the necessary time. I hear debates that SWtOR is an exceptional RPG but lack the MMO portion to continue building a reputable MMO fan base. Even more so, complaints that people would just rather play SWG. Well how about some patience? This game isn't even a year old. SWtOR is still a baby and Bioware is trying to bring us the best they've got.

Even outside this current branch I have high hopes for Bioware's team. Over the years they've brought demanding sagas like Assassins Creed & Mass Effect (do not forget Knight of the Old Republic.) Unfortunately, is Friday the 13th and us die hard fans are waiting patiently, to get back online.

Bioware could had seen this unfortunate turn of events and took action by giving us a free 30day play time (Cover-up?). Let us not remember WoW was down for several days/several TIMES do to Vanilla developers not patching properly. Subscribers were also asking for free play time
Negative. I work at a company that manages many different versions of many different files. We've have the same kind of screw up before. We were pressured into a deadline and missed out on thorough QA and had to eat a lot of hours to fix it after we delivered it. We lost a lot of money. That is unacceptable. I'm speaking from experience. I'm not trying to say I'm better than them. It is absolutely unacceptable and people have lost their jobs for less.

This is not a problem of learning a new industry. This is a basic concept of being patient and making sure you do QA before releasing a product to your clients. This is a structural issue, not an incompetence issue. If the patch had gone through the appropriate channels it would have never made it to live.
Semee - Legacy 39 - Valor 83 - Social VIII - Juggernaut
The Fatman Nerf Dialogue World #1 8M Empire
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."

JediSen
04.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1002
HELP BORED!!!!: eek:: eek:

Toxxo
04.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiianil View Post
Its not the money, it's the principle. If I am paying for a service, I expect to receive that service. I could care less about the money. I had planned to spend my day off playing SWTOR. 50 cents I can let go of, but bioware cannot replace my time, or undo my loss of faith in them.

Also, if they roll back the server what about everything I've done since? I lose that investment of time I put into the game too? The three heroic 4 quests I've done, and my two crafting criticals were for nothing? Can i get those 6-8 hours back too? No. I can't. So yes. I'm angry.
oh boo hoo poor you. " i can't play the game because someone made a mistake. i'll spew my angst and anger all over the forums in the hope that someone will listen/care."

AusMeanB
04.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by Spytrx View Post
WOW came out 8 years ago!

that is like the stone ages in computer terms, things have moved on! Development tools are better now, implementing has gotten easier, the list goes on - Keep up with the times before writing rubbish like that.
theyve had 10 years roughly if u included the development and testing phases

Alric_Annondu
04.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1005
That's it I think we've passed the line.

One hundred pages of whining, hatred, complaining, "BIOWARE DOESN'T CARE FOR EUROPE" "WHAT, WHY THE DOWNTIME", and other whining.

Can we stop this thread now? It's gotten to a point where discussion is just beyond stupid at this point.
MADNESS- Firaxa Shark

celebrei
04.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1006
if it's any consolation, the PTS server is up

Tangenobi
04.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1007
Meh I'm used to this in MMO's. It happens (and still happens) in every one of them. When I subbed to this game I already figured in that this would happen sometimes so It's not even worth getting angry nor worried.. Just get it fixed and I'll be on later when the server is up.
Jedi Sentinel- Tan-jenobi (Tan-Jenobee) Jedi Guardian-GyonGunslinger- BlastmastaJedi Shadow- Ky'zin
Commando- Radonn
Sage- Dartanus

Knightfell
04.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1008

that is like the stone ages in computer terms, things have moved on! Development tools are better now, implementing has gotten easier, the list goes on - Keep up with the times before writing rubbish like that.
spoiled, over previleged... i'm so glad i'll be dead in about 20 years...

Eledra
04.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1009

Indeed, it's like making excuses of making cars in 2012 using tech from 1912... Give Ford a break if the car breaks down!

Agarwaenn
04.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Norbix View Post
Boggles the mind how Bioware can release a giant patch like 1.2 so smoothly and this small negligible patch destroys the game so hard that it brings the servers down for an entire day.
Because they did not test the small patch in any way. Their over confidence was their undoing.
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)