The Game Update 1.2 appreciation thread

Aurbere

I am enjoying the changes brought about by this patch. The ability to customize the UI is awesome, most of the class changes are great and I like the legacy system.

Granted, there are a few things that could be changed. They could have shown Scoundrels and Operatives more love as well as healers, but I'm sure things will balance out.

One weird minor problem I encountered was my Guardian losing his hair. I was like "What the...? I look like Lex Luthor now!" Turns out this problem is caused by wearing visors or any headgear. That's a minor problem that can easily be resolved.

Overall, I am really loving these changes and look forward to the future.

A quick side note: This is an appreciation thread to balance out the threads with people raging, so if you want to complain please find one of those threads.:D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick side note: This is an appreciation thread to balance out the threads with people raging, so if you want to complain please find one of those threads.:D

Nah, i would rather rain on your parade, it doesnt take much to make you happy does it.

I dig the patch. Guild banks, being able to mail stuff across faction to your alts, augmented orange gear. There is plenty of fun to be had with it. They are definitely going in the right direction.

I agree. I was running low on credits for my Sith Warrior and my Consular had a frigate-load of credits and I was like "Hey I'll send some to my Warrior". Before 1.2 I couldn't, now I can.

the patch is awesome.

the updated graphics make an enormous difference. I find myself staring at the screen constantly, it's so unbelievably nice and makes the game feel a hell of a lot more polished. I also noticed that the fabric of my armor seems to move more realistically now. I don't know if it's a placebo or not, but it seems better.

The increase in performance is awesome. I actually got an FPS bump even though I maxxed out the graphics.

The UI setup is fantastic. I spent an hour fiddling with it last night. Very very nice.

Target of target, booyah.

Legacy is fun though I haven't had much of a chance to work with it yet. Looking forward to the new legacy armor sets :)

I haven't had a chance to try out the new WZ, Operation, FP or work on the new crewskills, but I'm really excited to. Not to mention going to and getting the new vanity pets, plus I get a free month of play and a tauntaun.

I'm a seriously happy camper.

Edited by KrittaB

the patch is awesome.

the updated graphics make an enormous difference. I find myself staring at the screen constantly, it's so unbelievably nice and makes the game feel a hell of a lot more polished. I also noticed that the fabric of my armor seems to move more realistically now. I don't know if it's a placebo or not, but it seems better.

The increase in performance is awesome. I actually got an FPS bump even though I maxxed out the graphics.

The UI setup is fantastic. I spent an hour fiddling with it last night. Very very nice.

Target of target, booyah.

Legacy is fun though I haven't had much of a chance to work with it yet. Looking forward to the new legacy armor sets :)

I haven't had a chance to try out the new WZ, Operation, FP or work on the new crewskills, but I'm really excited to. Not to mention going to and getting the new vanity pets, plus I get a free month of play and a tauntaun.

I'm a seriously happy camper.

I have noticed a boost in performance as well and just like you I fiddled with the UI forever, making it just right. Good move on Bioware's part with customizable UI.

Unfortunately I missed out on the free month because I have 8 classes all at lvl 34.

Yeah, I'm kinda liking it too. Funny, I was about to start a thread of this nature.

I'm loving my UI. I can focus on the action now instead of everywhere else. I like the color matching system even if it isn't working as I envisioned. I like the new dailies too.

There are some issues with it, sure, but I am enjoying it so far.

edit:

Oh yeah the graphics update....

I am fully maxed out on all setting and have had no performance hit. This game is really pretty maxed out now.

Edited by G_Vega

Another thing I love about this patch is the family tree. All of my characters have some relation to eachother and I find that awesome. My Bounty Hunter is rivals with my Sumggler. My Warrior and Knight are siblings for a little family turmoil, because who doesn't have a sibling rivalry(besides being an only child).

Yeah, I'm kinda liking it too. Funny, I was about to start a thread of this nature.

I'm loving my UI. I can focus on the action now instead of everywhere else. I like the color matching system even if it isn't working as I envisioned. I like the new dailies too.

There are some issues with it, sure, but I am enjoying it so far.

edit:

Oh yeah the graphics update....

I am fully maxed out on all setting and have had no performance hit. This game is really pretty maxed out now.

We do need more 1.2 appreciation threads. It balances the whole 1.2 rage thing going on.

I haven't unlocked rocket boost yet, but I will be using it when I do. :D

I actually spent 4.5 mil on all the rocket boost cd upgrades :D

Now it's a 12 sec 110% movement with 30 sec cooldown. I'm seriously considering not using a mount for a while. It's that cool.

My low level alts appreciate this as well.

Another thing I love about this patch is the family tree. All of my characters have some relation to eachother and I find that awesome. My Bounty Hunter is rivals with my Sumggler. My Warrior and Knight are siblings for a little family turmoil, because who doesn't have a sibling rivalry(besides being an only child).

What struck me and my friends as funny, we didn’t really decide how our characters were connected, we kind of... discovered it.

It was more like finding out about our characters, things we didn’t realize before.

OMG.... this one is related to that one in this way, I didn’t know that!

( and then dropped the character in the slot )

I actually spent 4.5 mil on all the rocket boost cd upgrades :D

Now it's a 12 sec 110% movement with 30 sec cooldown. I'm seriously considering not using a mount for a while. It's that cool.

My low level alts appreciate this as well.

Nice. What's the animation like. Is it good? Like if I use it for my BH will he use his jetpack?

I like what they did as everyone has said UI customization is the best thing so far.

The family tree thing is ok but I do not use herioc call much so its not that big of a deal for me personally.

I really like matching armour I no longer look like I walked out of a military surplus store with what ever I could find.

I did notice the legacy weapon was still better than my level 21 GS's main hand gun so that was nice. I kinda wish it would scale but I understand why not. I was able to level 1-80+ in wow with heirlooms in about 4 days of playing and not really trying too much.

I have not noticed a performance increase I still jump on the fleet when there are alot of people. I have a pretty good card and settings are maxed.

This update would not have kept me playing if I was going to quit but its a nice fluff while I still enjoy the game.

What struck me and my friends as funny, we didn’t really decide how our characters were connected, we kind of... discovered it.

It was more like finding out about our characters, things we didn’t realize before.

OMG.... this one is related to that one in this way, I didn’t know that!

( and then dropped the character in the slot )

That sort of happened to me too. I didn't really think about it until I got there. Now each of my characters have a larger story behind them.

Nice. What's the animation like. Is it good? Like if I use it for my BH will he use his jetpack?

animation = neo flying in The Matrix. Bit stiff but very heroic.

Yes! My Bounty Hunter uses his jetpack! :D Happy times.

I like what they did as everyone has said UI customization is the best thing so far.

The family tree thing is ok but I do not use herioc call much so its not that big of a deal for me personally.

I really like matching armour I no longer look like I walked out of a military surplus store with what ever I could find.

I did notice the legacy weapon was still better than my level 21 GS's main hand gun so that was nice. I kinda wish it would scale but I understand why not. I was able to level 1-80+ in wow with heirlooms in about 4 days of playing and not really trying too much.

I have not noticed a performance increase I still jump on the fleet when there are alot of people. I have a pretty good card and settings are maxed.

This update would not have kept me playing if I was going to quit but its a nice fluff while I still enjoy the game.

Well the fleet can be a bit laggy if there are a lot of people on it, but it's nice to see that your enjoying the patch.

I am enjoying the changes brought about by this patch. The ability to customize the UI is awesome, most of the class changes are great and I like the legacy system.

Granted, there are a few things that could be changed. They could have shown Scoundrels and Operatives more love as well as healers, but I'm sure things will balance out.

One weird minor problem I encountered was my Guardian losing his hair. I was like "What the...? I look like Lex Luthor now!" Turns out this problem is caused by wearing visors or any headgear. That's a minor problem that can easily be resolved.

Overall, I am really loving these changes and look forward to the future.

You loving 1.2, that's good to hear, now try logging in to play lol