Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Costly Diplomacy

Sauzer
12.17.2011 , 04:00 AM | #1
Is there any way to level diplomacy without sending companions on those missions?

I had no need for grade 1 compounds and samples for a long while now and don't particulary need the DS/LS at the moment, so those missions are just eating up money so that I can finally start doing the next level missions.

Gotta say if this will gets even worse later on I'll start regretting not going for Treasure Hunting mission skill to be able at least brake even while leveling it.

Cryshal
12.17.2011 , 04:21 AM | #2
I agree that crafting is terribly unbalanced. But maybe I just don't understand it. I don't have the credits to put into it anyway. I took Diplomacy assuming it would give me the resources needed for crafting stims. I'm getting nowhere, just spending too many credits for far too little return. This is one area I think Bioware blew it.

Lord_Itharius
12.17.2011 , 04:31 AM | #3
Yeah I foresaw that problem and went Biochem/analysis/slicing, hoping that guys like you would sell me their materials :-)

I had 80k credits by lvl 25.

/flex.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

nomanking
12.17.2011 , 04:48 AM | #4
im lvl 28 and i got my speeder and i m left with 90k credits.. i have biochem analysis and diplomacy. the trick i think is that u have to send companion on diplomacy mission who has the +bonus for diplomacy. crit or wtv in that case u wont b so disapointed. also may b at lower lvl its tough. i havent start my dip yet coz im waiting for my diplomacy companion. im imperial agent. i dont think it would really matter end game coz u will have tons of credits to spare for wtv mission u wanna send companions into. lower lvls it rly sucks im sure. but again u dont rly need those epics in lower lvls coz ur gonna lvl up anyway and get better ones

quaesitor
12.17.2011 , 06:01 AM | #5
Personally, I think the "mission"-based tradeskills are an upper-level/endgame thing. Diplomacy/Underworld Trading/etc are most definitely cashsinks, and not really affordable at lower levels unless you're making credits hand over fist with slicing and funneling them all into a mission skill.

On the other hand, mission skills are the only source for some of the best crafting materials.

Veshzan
12.17.2011 , 07:32 AM | #6
When you have several companions just send them out on missions while u quest its not that much of a money drain.

Personally my diplo is at 290 atm and it takes 25-50mins per mission and costs 700-2k credits per just keep running them after L25 its not to bad

Sauzer
12.17.2011 , 07:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Veshzan View Post
When you have several companions just send them out on missions while u quest its not that much of a money drain.

Personally my diplo is at 290 atm and it takes 25-50mins per mission and costs 700-2k credits per just keep running them after L25 its not to bad
eh, I would've though that 2k credits every 50 min would be quite a big money drain. I already have the second companion (droid) and even with mission costs of 100 kredits, sending him 20 times in a row still drains out some money. Not too much but overall going into - rather than +.

Illwill-
12.17.2011 , 07:45 AM | #8
My plan for 50: bio(gathering)/bio(crafting)/slicing

My current skills: bio(gathering) around 100, mainly scanning dead mobs. Slicing > 300, sending companions for lockboxes constantly (went without companion most of the time, had both out looking for lockboxes), treasure hunting (for gifts).

I plan to max out companion rep asap, then switch out treasure hunting for diplomacy and max out my dark side, then empty my "cargo hold" and level up bio(crafting).

At 25 I had 56k after mount and at 27 I am pretty close to 100k again. Yes, not having slicing will make crafting more expensive, so get slicing.

Insanecorn
12.17.2011 , 08:34 AM | #9
I'm doing it at low levels and really its not hurting my money at all...biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy. Bioanalysis is mostly for mobs and i get most of those mats that way so i don't need to do those missions. And the diplomacy mats are for purple/blue biochem items so i run diplomacy whenever i can and then do what crafting i can...re it and then diplomacy. But really 100-300 is cheap.
S A I N S

Vanludwig
12.17.2011 , 09:19 AM | #10
I think people are trying to get spoon feed there crafting skills. I mean I love the crafting and if you do it while questing the money is not a problem or a "drain". Think about all the other MMOs that not only do you have to go out and hunt the mats or buy them off auction house (which is a money "drain"), you also have to craft the items your self. All of this is a time consumption and takes you away from leveling and making credits. SWTOR takes a different approach, allowing you the opportunity to continue leveling and making credits at the same time in the end allowing you to make even more credits with the objects you are able to craft. People are missing the big picture. To me this is a win win!
Vector Prime
-=Website=-