Lost Island Hardmode and Legacy Items cost

This is my first time posting in the forums. I have supported this game since Day 1 Launch and despise the few problems bugs/glitches. I always thought it would get better.

However, after attempting complete Lost Island hardmode I realized this game is not for the casual gamer looking to have fun. This instance reminded me why I despise current MMORPG in the market today. The difficulty jump in this flashpoint is insane. I feel sorry for the poor souls that attempt this in tionese/columi gear. The frustration has made me want to unsubscribe.

I also do not understand why Legacy items cost so much daily tokens for a low level gear that will become useless in few levels. To get two Birthright gear cost 450 dailys and inheritance cost 200 dailys. The total cost to buy all these gear 650 daily tokens, the time it would take to farm these tokens you would level a char to 45-50.

It was nice to see them add these legacy stuff but its unfortunate majority of players will never be able to use these items or even see it as the requirements for these low level items make absolutely no sense.

I hope bioware lowers the cost of these legacy items. If you want people to create new characters encourage them by allowing them to achieve these items at reasonable dailys comms.

However, after attempting complete Lost Island hardmode I realized this game is not for the casual gamer looking to have fun. This instance reminded me why I despise current MMORPG in the market today. The difficulty jump in this flashpoint is insane. I feel sorry for the poor souls that attempt this in tionese/columi gear. The frustration has made me want to unsubscribe.

The instance is almost a Columi MUST HAVE...but we did it with one DPS in Tionese gear last night...sure, we had some wipes, but overall a very fun encounter and after the first boss...it gets pretty simple from there. It will be a very hard PUG encounter which is refreshing to see...

well if only there was an easier mode for people like you

we could call it something like normal mode

I hope you enjoy the empty servers because at this rate Bioware won't have much players left.

Pulling the 30 months free subscription for month of may..hrmm Diablo 3 anyone? Will they do this for GW2?

The market is very competitive it shows they are losing large player base due to there own incompetence.

^THIS

If the hard mode was too easy, Bioware will also loose money as lots of people become bored with content that is too easy. If you want an easier difficulty, play normal mode.

Edited by BroadStreetBully

alot of people do not seem to understand that gamers now a days, do NOT want to have to work at something or just dont have the time. This is the age of the instant gratification gamers. Take a look at how MMOs are catering to people. Gear is easy to get, crafting is non existent (noone can actually make something they can be proud of) and so on.

I came from SWG, and mastered every damn profession pre NGE, thats 32. And I loved every minute of crafting, gathering and so on ( I spent well over 7 months on my hologrind and that was playing for well over 8 hours a day when I could). Another thing too, people just do not have the time to put into hours/weeks/months into mastering one profession. Some have families, jobs and so on. Lost Island will get nerfed soon enough, they all do.

Edited by Tower

I understand that we get frustrated with difficulty and Hardmodes, but they are exactly that, Hard modes.

Keep in mind that Rakata pieces drop off the last boss in here, so it shouldnt be easy.

That said, It *IS* a very difficult FP, but not impossible.

I cleared it with my guild the first day and it just required understanding mechanics and working together.

The first boss is definitely the hardest and requires some pretty solid execution, but if you expect to go in there and 1-shot him without learning the mechanics, it's not going to happen. And if you can walk in and defeat bosses without wiping a couple times, then it's clearly not that hard.

If everything was a faceroll and required little to no thought, everybody could do it and the rewards would never be appreciated.