Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

legacy weapon kit

digitalgargoyle
04.13.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1
So, as the title says (and I think that I named it correctly), I'm just looking for a little more info on what exactly this Legacy Weapon Kit is and how best to utilize it. It's in my inventory but I have no idea how to use it or where to even go.

Is it the first of many kits that must be acquired before one can actually build a legacy weapon? Example: Do I have to find, earn or buy 6 kits to build said Legacy Weapon?

Just curious.

Having fun so far.

digitalgargoyle
Server: Master Gnost-Dural
Faction: Republic
Dygar - lvl 33 Jedi Shadow (Legacy)
Taisun - lvl 13 Smuggler Gunslinger

Taffoo
04.13.2012 , 01:21 PM | #2
Dude yes, i would also like to know more about this. I've been told you mail it round each member of the family as it where but no idea then what!

Kabaal
04.13.2012 , 01:24 PM | #3
It's a crappy non customisable level 14 weapon that does NOT level with you. It's also restricted to the class type you claim it on, ie if you claim it on a sith warrior you won't be able to use it on your other classes.

The NPC for it is on your capitol city.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

Morphlingx
04.13.2012 , 01:34 PM | #4
Yeah i am not entirely sure the purpose of these. I mean you get an orange saber at 11. Drommund Kaas commendations are a dime a dozen. Why do i want an inferior saber/gun that doesn't level with me?

decuervo
04.13.2012 , 01:35 PM | #5
Yeha pretty pointless...you cant even sell the blasted thing.
"When the game is over the pawn and the king go in the same box".

TekaruPrime
04.14.2012 , 10:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
It's a crappy non customisable level 14 weapon that does NOT level with you. It's also restricted to the class type you claim it on, ie if you claim it on a sith warrior you won't be able to use it on your other classes.

The NPC for it is on your capitol city.
capitol city as in the fleet? or starting planet? or Corruscant/Dromund Kaas?

hchsiao
04.14.2012 , 10:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TekaruPrime View Post
Leagcy Vendor on Corruscant and Dromund Kaas. Rep side the leagcy vendor is right outside the senator tower. (the stair to the under ground market.)

GalacticKegger
04.14.2012 , 10:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TekaruPrime View Post
Coruscant and Dromund Kaas.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Saltybill
04.14.2012 , 10:57 PM | #9
yeah, I'm a bit confused and disappointed with the whole legacy kit thing too... like, the other legacy items cost a major bit of daily comms for something you can get for like 10k or less credits... that will be worthless in less than 5 levels.

I was hoping for something like the wow version where it levels with you and provides some sort of xp benefit. I don't see these kits doing anything to promote making alts. you could have given me like 10k credits and accomplished the same goal.
Visit my sites for FREE webcomics!
Coffin Comics - Gaming & Geeking comics including wowcraft and yes, Star Wars! Also has game reviews and "Tooned News" articles. Updates Mon, Wed, Fri!!

Fiberx
04.14.2012 , 11:05 PM | #10
Yeah, pretty pointless. You can out level the item in a day. The orange items are slightly cooler but only slightly and the require legacy level 20. My 48 sent only has me to level 3...