Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SecurtyQ
04.13.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1471
Quote: Originally Posted by Nooblock View Post
Fortunatly for you for some horribly stupid pathetic reason... laptops download and run the game just fine.. go figure.

Edit: The problem is the game failes to patch correctly. For some they have noticed corrupt files. The game seems download the patch and the display an error with a repair option. However the repair option fixes abou 14 files and then begins download Main Assets 1 (I figure its downloading the entire Assets folder which shouldn't be happening as its all already there. BioWare managed to some how mess up some of our game data thats got a large amount of people in a twist about it and whats worse they are doing nothing to fix it as many may have noticed.
NO THEY *********** DONT,is the patch dowloaded normaly as if it is like anyother patch or is it dowloaded somewhere else? please help me,those *********** protocol droids are almost as useless as my granpa's ***** !

ishootlasers
04.13.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1472
Quote: Originally Posted by Nooblock View Post
Fortunatly for you for some horribly stupid pathetic reason... laptops download and run the game just fine.. go figure.

Edit: The problem is the game failes to patch correctly. For some they have noticed corrupt files. The game seems download the patch and the display an error with a repair option. However the repair option fixes abou 14 files and then begins download Main Assets 1 (I figure its downloading the entire Assets folder which shouldn't be happening as its all already there. BioWare managed to some how mess up some of our game data thats got a large amount of people in a twist about it and whats worse they are doing nothing to fix it as many may have noticed.
Yeah I didn't mean to isolate myself in saying that problems don't happen elsewhere. I understand there have been some issues.

I think the issue is a lot of people rely on this as their main hobby so they are setting themselves up for a hard time when they put all their eggs in one basket. That's like investing in a Ferrari without a garage.

SecurtyQ
04.13.2012 , 07:13 PM | #1473
Quote: Originally Posted by ishootlasers View Post
yeah i didn't mean to isolate myself in saying that problems don't happen elsewhere. I understand there have been some issues.

I think the issue is a lot of people rely on this as their main hobby so they are setting themselves up for a hard time when they put all their eggs in one basket. That's like investing in a ferrari without a garage.
would you just answer the *********** quistion,i've been having probs for about 2 weeks now,it's real *********** iritating !!!!

Nooblock
04.13.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1474
Quote: Originally Posted by ishootlasers View Post
Yeah I didn't mean to isolate myself in saying that problems don't happen elsewhere. I understand there have been some issues.

I think the issue is a lot of people rely on this as their main hobby so they are setting themselves up for a hard time when they put all their eggs in one basket. That's like investing in a Ferrari without a garage.
This isn't my only hobby, I work at home and have been doing so for the past 2 days, I logged off at 10 PM EDT Wednesday night and did not do any of the prepatching. I log in yesterday to start downloading the data. After that it messes up and I come to forums to see that hundreds are having the same issue. I figure ok its gonna take some time they will fix it in the morning. I wake up to see not only did they sneak in a time change on the downtime, I also noticed two pitiful updates that did not include a thing to fix the patch system or if they were even aware there was an issue. I then saw there were taking the servers down for another long downtime which I thought was there fix, nope patched the game again to realize that once again nothing was done to fix the patch system.
Im not upset the game is down, Ive got plenty to do im upset because they are not showing any signs of caring no matter how much information or tickets I send, and I keep getting comments from what seems to be forum techs telling me to reinstall the game which is not an option because I had to download it in the first place on a limited internet over 2 months.
Wall of Text - Critical Hit (12k)
Vorlock (Guardian) - Doomlock (Commando) - Heslock (Sage) -
Grilock (Shadow) - Relock (Gunslinger)

unseenmaji
04.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #1475
Remember that inside employees said this would actually happen lol, it ironic that people whom even worked on the game said it is full of problems, bad coding and will not live up to the hype. Atm they are in damage control that why so much time is being throw out but truth is most us dont like the game so dont even feel like wasting bandwidth to download the big patches knowing it just going be more problems and isnt even content worth looking into, honestly they have ruined there own game by launching it two early it needed 4-6months more development time if not a year to polish it properly and add decent content and options and fact it is entire instanced is also stupid wasnt this advertised as open world. people are so blind they think they doing you favour by giving you 30 days free it just to keep people around hoping they get interest in game again, it a marketing ploy because game is struggling.

Nooblock
04.13.2012 , 07:31 PM | #1476
Quote: Originally Posted by unseenmaji View Post
Remember that inside employees said this would actually happen lol, it ironic that people whom even worked on the game said it is full of problems, bad coding and will not live up to the hype. Atm they are in damage control that why so much time is being throw out but truth is most us dont like the game so dont even feel like wasting bandwidth to download the big patches knowing it just going be more problems and isnt even content worth looking into, honestly they have ruined there own game by launching it two early it needed 4-6months more development time if not a year to polish it properly and add decent content and options and fact it is entire instanced is also stupid wasnt this advertised as open world. people are so blind they think they doing you favour by giving you 30 days free it just to keep people around hoping they get interest in game again, it a marketing ploy because game is struggling.
This is a fact, look at how many servers were full at launch, look at how many left after the first month, look at how quickly they started free trial weekends and friend passes, look at how quickly they are dishing out more free time for people who return for 1.2... There desperate and they are fumbling over there own issues because they know they aren't getting anywhere.
Vorlock (Guardian) - Doomlock (Commando) - Heslock (Sage) -
Grilock (Shadow) - Relock (Gunslinger)

Selvec
04.13.2012 , 07:39 PM | #1477
Thank you for the free 1 day compensation Bioware, its appreciated. It is however heavily disappointing that this consideration didn't come into effect until it began to hurt the US customers.

Vicen
04.13.2012 , 07:57 PM | #1478
Quote: Originally Posted by Selvec View Post
Thank you for the free 1 day compensation Bioware, its appreciated. It is however heavily disappointing that this consideration didn't come into effect until it began to hurt the US customers.
Disappointing maybe...but certainly not surprising...Won't lie...it feels good to be on the top of the Totem Pole
Swooping...is...bad...

XCantaloupeX
04.15.2012 , 08:46 AM | #1479
So what's the current status
Of the servers and stuff? Is everything working fine?