Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else is allured by Mako in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who else is allured by Mako in the game?

Pubsam
04.14.2012 , 10:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
No, youre getting it all wrong. Shes there to balance the other personalities out (Torians seriousness, Gaults smart-alecness, Skadges violent behaviour). Thats why shes the "girl next door" type. Absolutely nothing sexist about it, nor is she useless in anyway. Its the personality that matters. Shes the balanced one.

Sometimes I think people try to troll instead of actually trying to understand.. Or you really just space through all dialog..
Sorry, this is your reading comprehension fail. Earlier in the thread I called Mako the girl next door but did not complain it was sexist. I would say the girl next door implies someone nice, normal, and pretty who is familiar, comforting but perhaps boring. Which is Mako. I took umbrage when someone called her this:

"The Chick — (vocal effects, tambourine) A peacekeeping role to balance out the other members' aggression, bringing them to a nice or at least manageable medium. The Chick is often considered the heart of the group. Not always female, but the role is usually taken by the Token Girl (hence the name). Sometimes referred to as "the useless girl"."

Which IS a very sexist archetype. And you're right, Mako isn't useless (as I said in her defense). She is not smiling in the background playing tambourine just hoping everybody's getting along. But the reason someone thought this applied to her is her bland, boring personality is the ship glue is the same as 'The Chick's'.

A better ToR example of 'The Chick' is Ensign Temple if anyone's played an agent that far. She doesn't seem to have a purpose, you're not sure why she's there, but she sure is nice, perky, and by far the most normal member of the crew.
Time for a nap.

Stratoszier
04.14.2012 , 08:43 PM | #22
Yeah, I had the same problem. So I made my PT's evil brother and he tells Mako how it is. I also die a little inside each time, sniff.

Karkais
04.14.2012 , 08:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
Stuff
Fine, ignore what I linked then if that makes you happier.

Your interpretation is not what I intended anyway. Its only a wiki page. Go change it if it bothers you.

EDIT: Im looking back at the description and I still fail to see how "peacekeeper" and "heart of the group" can be considered as "incredibly sexist"..
"The chains of the grave cannot hold a Dark Lord of the Sith…"
―Marka Ragnos

Captain_Zone
04.14.2012 , 09:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Blizz is like a pet thats played for comedy relief.
Umm, no. Blizz is the comic little guy that's also a mean little thug. He busts up the bad guys with a big*** rocket launcher and an attitude from hell.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

MWidowmaker
04.15.2012 , 08:10 AM | #25
<3 Mako
she is turning my gruff rough and tumble BHs into decent people
and both of my BH love her for it
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

Eillack
04.15.2012 , 08:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerge View Post
I rolled on a roleplaying server and I had in mind how I wanted to have my bounty hunter and then I entered the game and Mako ultimately changed my character.

Now my character is "good" when he was "bad", liked killing people and all that but then he met Mako and now he's a "good boy". xD

I just want to avenge the poor woman and protect her, I'm level 30 now and I still haven't used another companion yet, god I feel like a no life for feeling this way for a made up character lol and makes me want to pull her through the screen. rofl.

Anyone else feel like this?
After unlocking Elara Dorne's (Trooper) romance arc, she actually has a heart it seems...it disturbs me that I actually want to find a woman like her one day...she really is the perfect woman.

I love it how she and my commando did it on the med bay with Aric in pain on a medbed next to us.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

BrainSplatter
04.15.2012 , 10:49 AM | #27
I spent most of my TOR game time with Khem Val, so...
Glorious Collector's Edition owner, lording it over all the other plebs.

Beeska mu-moolee bu Halapu. Ho-ho-ho-ho!

BrainSplatter
04.15.2012 , 10:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Umm, no. Blizz is the comic little guy that's also a mean little thug. He busts up the bad guys with a big*** rocket launcher and an attitude from hell.
He also won #1 TOR companion over at IGN http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1222755p1.html
Glorious Collector's Edition owner, lording it over all the other plebs.

Beeska mu-moolee bu Halapu. Ho-ho-ho-ho!

Captain_Zone
04.15.2012 , 12:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BrainSplatter View Post
He also won #1 TOR companion over at IGN http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1222755p1.html
I only have one question... How THE HELL DID Broonmark even get on there??? He's frelling USELESS!!!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

RikHar
04.15.2012 , 12:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerge View Post
Here's my Mako.
Gotta love the outfit and hair!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u..._16_985639.jpg

Mako, just like all the other female companions (Empire, anyway) are all scrawny and unattractive. Especially Mako. At least on Mass Effect some of the females there looked a whole lot better, but here?

Forget it!