Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else is allured by Mako in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who else is allured by Mako in the game?

chuixupu
04.13.2012 , 01:40 PM | #11
I found myself allured by Gault...too bad he isn't a romance option
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Pubsam
04.13.2012 , 01:47 PM | #12
I love a lot of the companions in this game... but Mako isn't one of them? I mean what does she have going for her really? She's pretty resilient in the face of adversity? She's perky (actually I don't really appreciate that)? Other than that she's kind of needy and dependent. Like without my BH to take care of her she'd just... but perhaps that's her appeal to you guys. As a straight lady that's probably lost on me.

Now that I think about about I like my companions to be either BA, hysterical, or bizarre. Mako is the girl next door.

Quote:
I found myself allured by Gault...too bad he isn't a romance option
Yeah, when I finally got him and starting bringing him around with me it was such a relief. He's probably one of the most entertaining companions in the game, Mako seems extra boring in comparison.
Time for a nap.

Karkais
04.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
Mako is the girl next door.
Some people like that. The thing that I love about the BH crew is that they complement each other, instead of having similar personalities.

I suggest you check this. Theres almost scientific reason Mako is the way she is.

But she isnt too much about that, after all, she has a mysterious past (which I hope people wont spoil for me since Im not there yet)
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

chuixupu
04.13.2012 , 04:36 PM | #14
I dunno...I'd say

The Hero (you)
The Lancer (Gault)
The Smart Guy (Mako and/or Blizz)
The Big Guy (Skadge)
The Chick (Torian)
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

HuaRya
04.13.2012 , 04:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellisj View Post
Its called your a man lol... Sleeping with a video game character however is not one of my fantasies
And that goes away after she gives you a -1 for just about every fun response choice. Why can't Gault be a female.

Pubsam
04.14.2012 , 12:02 AM | #16
"The Chick (vocal effects, tambourine) A peacekeeping role to balance out the other members' aggression, bringing them to a nice or at least manageable medium. The Chick is often considered the heart of the group. Not always female, but the role is usually taken by the Token Girl (hence the name). Sometimes referred to as "the useless girl"."

So you're saying Mako is this incredibly sexist archetype? She's not useless or secondary as far as plot goes... without her you'd never catch anyone. It's her personality that makes you think she's lame and disposable. Shame, really...
Time for a nap.

Karkais
04.14.2012 , 03:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I dunno...I'd say

The Hero (you)
The Lancer (Gault) (In Nar Shaddaa, who do you tell to round the others up? Torian)
The Smart Guy (Mako and/or Blizz)
The Big Guy (Skadge)
The Chick (Torian)
No.

The hero = You

Lancer = Torian
(BH: "You may stand down, Ill brief you when I get back."
Torian: "I'll stand down when I see you, if it's all the same to you.")

Smart guy = Gault
"Thank you! Thank you! I'll be signing autographs once the smoke clears!"

Big guy = Skadge
"Don't care, ain't listening!"

The chick = Mako
"Just let me be worried, somebodys got to be"

Blizz is like a pet thats played for comedy relief.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
So you're saying Mako is this incredibly sexist archetype? She's not useless or secondary as far as plot goes... without her you'd never catch anyone. It's her personality that makes you think she's lame and disposable. Shame, really...
No, youre getting it all wrong. Shes there to balance the other personalities out (Torians seriousness, Gaults smart-alecness, Skadges violent behaviour). Thats why shes the "girl next door" type. Absolutely nothing sexist about it, nor is she useless in anyway. Its the personality that matters. Shes the balanced one.

Sometimes I think people try to troll instead of actually trying to understand.. Or you really just space through all dialog..
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

davidpop
04.14.2012 , 03:06 AM | #18
To me she will always be Claudia from Party of five, so i just find her extremly annoying, and to young

vonWagner
04.14.2012 , 09:32 AM | #19
I've always found her adorable. I love the line she speaks when you zone into the speeder platform on Nar - where it's a place where people have something they want to loose. It's quite poetic. Kudos to the class writer for that one.

In many respects she's shaped my toon to be the guy I would've really like to be in the game, but never thought to be. A profession who gives a damn and isn't so caught up in the violence for violence sake.

I find that even her cries for help when she is low on health to have emotional weight. When I hear them, I take immediate action to save her... not because she's my heals, but that I don't want to see her die. It's weird.

At the moment, I feel very close to all my crew with the exception of Skadge, where I think they went a bit overboard.

Rojahar
04.14.2012 , 09:52 AM | #20
I have a friend who, pre-game, talked about what an evil BH he would make... and now's he's the lightest of lightside pansies. Now I know why. He's whipped by his NPC GF, apparently.