Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I get a purple color crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do I get a purple color crystal

V-tecc
04.13.2012 , 05:03 AM | #1
So, I am almost 50 on my main character. A Jedi Guardian, and I will be looking at getting my hands on a purple color crystal as soon as I hit the cap.

From what I understand the purple (magenta) crystals are hard to come by. There was a way to get them doing the tatooine/hoth water buff earlier, but is that still there in 1.2?

There also seems to be a magenta drop from some lower world bosses now, but I read somewhere that they are pink and not purple?

There also seems to be a purple/black gem to get from the PVP vendor now.

So, my question is, if I want a pure purple lightsaber color. What would be the easiest way for me to get one now? Preferably with a smaller group if possible.

I can also note that I am 400 artifice if that helps in anyway.

Zeray
04.13.2012 , 05:14 AM | #2
The purple (magenta) you are talking of actually is the pink one, where you have to visit Tatooine, Hoth, Ilum ans Belsavis (if you don't know anyone with the recipe).

It is confirmed, that the Alderaan world boss can drop a purple one for lvl 32. I still don't know where the other purple ones have gone. But maybe you can find some left-overs from 1.1.5 where you could buy them on the fleet.

And yes, there is a black-purple colour crystal, but this one is just for 50 PvP, same as black-red an black-blue.

Terraco
04.13.2012 , 05:16 AM | #3
First up, purple is not magenta, those ones show up as pink, and you either have to jump through hoops to make it or buy one for (usually) 6 figures off the market.

Purple was available for 250k to rep and 125k for imp till patch 1.2, its probably too little too late to tell you that you should have gotten one then, but you options now are this.

1: GTN. There will be some for sale sooner or later, if you have money you are prepared to spend this is the easiest.

2: Artifice. I can't personally confirm this, but apparently the schematics (and many others aside) should be available through treasure hunting crits. I have been able to find precious little information on this myself so if anyone can give details here it would help.

That's all I know on the subject at this time, good luck.

Karkais
04.13.2012 , 05:18 AM | #4
Purple and magenta are two different colors. Here is a picture of my magenta (pink) crystal.

This is a artifice crafted crystal with secret ingredients that require "jumping through hoops".

If the servers werent down, Id provide a pic of the actual purple crystal, which looks more like what Mace Windu had in the movies. The purple crystal can drop from some endgame content, and maybe there exist artifice schematics to it too. There used to be a purple crystal in the pvp reward lightsabers too, but the crystal couldnt be removed. I dont know what the situation with those is post-1.2
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

V-tecc
04.13.2012 , 05:21 AM | #5
Thanks guys, that clears things up for me. So the Purple crystals are in fact called purple? Anyone know where there might be a screen shot of the black-purple one? I actually do play allot of PVP

Karkais
04.13.2012 , 05:23 AM | #6
If Im not mistaken, the pvp vendor in Tatooine pvp area "outlaws den" at least sells some of those black-core crystals, I think they are locked to certain amount of valor?

I just happened to take a look there post 1.2
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Zeray
04.13.2012 , 06:01 AM | #7
Okay, to clear it once and for all: Purple is purple, just the colour of Mace Windu's Lightsaber or this smiley

The pink colour crystal is called Magenta in game, but uses the same icon as the red one.
It's colour is just like this

You can purchase colour crystals on the fleet for PvP, they are black-blue, black-red, black-yellow and black-purple. There are also some single colour crystals from the PvP Vendor that are not for PvP as well as some shematics for the standard colours.

So the big question is: Where to get a purple colour crystal by now?
Sure, you hopefully find one in the GTN, for about 400k I guess.
But, as there are now artifice shematics as drops, you should do some treasure hunting for it. I will try that once the server are up.

Maybe we should use this thread to clarify this

PS: We are talking about lvl 50 colour crystals. There are no other colour crystals besides those from artifice (exept the lvl 32 purple one from the Alderaan world boss)

Karkais
04.14.2012 , 03:20 PM | #8
In case theres still people wondering, heres some pics for comparing purple and magenta

purple crystal
magenta crystal

Valero
06.13.2012 , 06:18 AM | #9
So it is possible to get a schematic!? Is there a particular mission I should be doing to get it? Or is it random drop?

dardack
06.13.2012 , 06:21 AM | #10
I have crit many treasure huntings, esp 340 missions (i know by inheritence/birthright, extra gems, extra items then the normal) and haven't seen 1 crystal schematic. Are they in yet or in 1.3/
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.