Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

MMO Noob, Help With Quickslots (For Healers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
MMO Noob, Help With Quickslots (For Healers)

VeganHipster's Avatar


VeganHipster
12.17.2011 , 03:28 AM | #1
I am a noob to MMOs and I want to be a healer. I am level 16 right now and I was wondering if you guys could post pictures of your quickslots? I want to get an idea of what to have in there. right now I have all my attacks on the 1st bar and my heals on the 2nd bar, but I dont think it is too efficient. Pictures are preferable but if you could just make a description that would be fine too. Thanks!

Orill's Avatar


Orill
12.17.2011 , 03:59 AM | #2
I just have my healing spells in my 1-5 spots and my cc's in the 6-0 spots. Or however many spots there are on bars. On the 2nd bar below my first bar I put my combat abilities on the left, right under my heals, and my dumb/big CD abilities on the rightside under my cc's and stuns. I have the right Bar activated for seethe/quick travel/buffs/speeder.

I have it set this way so I can send out heals with either no or 1 click of the mouse.

VeganHipster's Avatar


VeganHipster
12.17.2011 , 04:04 AM | #3
Thanks for the help. Is CC close combat and CD cool down abilities?

Raijinvince's Avatar


Raijinvince
12.17.2011 , 04:54 AM | #4
CC stands for Crowd Control. Whirlwind would be an example. You have CD correct.

Orill's Avatar


Orill
12.17.2011 , 05:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raijinvince View Post
CC stands for Crowd Control. Whirlwind would be an example. You have CD correct.
this. also the 4 second long stun I consider a form of CC.

In all honesty though, build yours bars as if you were gonna heal full time and then put your damage spells in a spot so you can use them properly when you are solo.

VeganHipster's Avatar


VeganHipster
12.17.2011 , 12:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raijinvince View Post
CC stands for Crowd Control. Whirlwind would be an example. You have CD correct.
Crowd Control, ok thanks. So basically anything that will stop people from coming at me right? So like electrocute, whirlwind, and overload? Sorry for all the questions, I am still trying to get better

Quote: Originally Posted by Orill View Post
this. also the 4 second long stun I consider a form of CC.

In all honesty though, build yours bars as if you were gonna heal full time and then put your damage spells in a spot so you can use them properly when you are solo.
Alright cool. I did basically what you said and I key binded the bottom bar to be shift + x (whatever number).


As of right now, I am only level 16 so I have just been putting static barriers on my party and then using dark infusion when their health is around the medium range, spam it until they get their health into the high range, and for people who have a good amount of health but not a full bar I use dark heal on them. Is that an ok spell rotation?

EDIT: I actually found a good link for noobs who were wondering what crowd control abilities were. Link is here: http://www.swtorarena.com/topic/91-k...rol-abilities/

uncommonsavior's Avatar


uncommonsavior
12.18.2011 , 06:35 AM | #7
I found that moving past "5" cumbersome especially in pvp for clicking.
Get comfortable with using the "Alt" key. I use Alt for 1234 as well as qwer
For my healer right now I go in order of least cast time heal being alt+Q to most being Alt+e with Alt + R for my shield spell.

This leaves me free to use 1234 and alt 1234 for 8 spells that I would use more frequently.... say when im leveling or questing.
Even remapping my pet attack to "Q" makes my gaming more smooth....

Warning tho, it can be a bit much to get used to.... so say start with trying something easy like....

Alt + 1 = quick heal
Alt + 2 = long heal

once you get comfortable with 1 or 2 spells just add another hot key option.
=========================

To do this go into key mapping and find the quickbar you want to add your spell to and map your key stroke to the quickbar option.... I.E

Bottom Center Quick Bar 1 = Alt +1 then you put your quick cast heal in there.


I know its not the OP question about mapping but if your not sure how to set up your bars this is a great option to try.

warricsx's Avatar


warricsx
12.18.2011 , 04:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by uncommonsavior View Post
I found that moving past "5" cumbersome especially in pvp for clicking.
Get comfortable with using the "Alt" key. I use Alt for 1234 as well as qwer
For my healer right now I go in order of least cast time heal being alt+Q to most being Alt+e with Alt + R for my shield spell.

This leaves me free to use 1234 and alt 1234 for 8 spells that I would use more frequently.... say when im leveling or questing.
Even remapping my pet attack to "Q" makes my gaming more smooth....

Warning tho, it can be a bit much to get used to.... so say start with trying something easy like....

Alt + 1 = quick heal
Alt + 2 = long heal

once you get comfortable with 1 or 2 spells just add another hot key option.
=========================

To do this go into key mapping and find the quickbar you want to add your spell to and map your key stroke to the quickbar option.... I.E

Bottom Center Quick Bar 1 = Alt +1 then you put your quick cast heal in there.


I know its not the OP question about mapping but if your not sure how to set up your bars this is a great option to try.
I actually do something similar, however i have my keys bound with SHIFT+ 1-Shift+5

Going past 5 is annoying and can make me loose my key layout. I used the standard wasd keys to move, but i think i am going to start binding the keys around , e, r, t, f, g i used these in wow and it worked well. Once i am out of Que and re-arrange some things I'l ltake a screen shot for the OP

VeganHipster's Avatar


VeganHipster
12.19.2011 , 10:25 PM | #9
Thanks everyone for the comments! I binded the bottom quick slot bar to shift + x as that is more comfortable than alt + x. I am still learning so anything will be helpful!

mdbloomer's Avatar


mdbloomer
12.19.2011 , 10:44 PM | #10
First I have a razr naga epic that I use and have it set to numpad keys so those are my right quick-slot bar with all my heals being on that bar

For my top center bar I have 1-6 alt-shift[1-6]
[1-6 with main attacks alt shifts with cc and a few random abilities that I used when I was on beta that I can't even recall right now]

bottom center bar i have shift 1-6 and alt 1-6
[shift 1-6 for overload stun dots and alts for consumption med packs etc]

On the left I put my aoe attack pvp items such as stims/med packs throw huttball buff and seethe and I use shift plus the keys on the side of my mouse so w/e the numpad keys are

I'll post a ss when I can get back into game but it worked for me all throughout closed beta relatively well


http://i43.tinypic.com/i2j04g.jpg
The real Nagrom