Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtor did reset my desktop resolution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
swtor did reset my desktop resolution
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

damoiseaux
04.13.2012 , 02:55 AM | #1
as above...
did instal the 1.2 patch with no probs. turned all de settings to highest and did get 60fps without anny problems.
now, i wanted to call a person on skype so i pushed the windows button.....bleu screen without text-> did swtor reset my desktop resolution to a unsupported resolution?
i have tried 4 monitors in my house all whitout anny luck. so went over to a friend with a 60" television and there the hdmi connection worked and gave image. looked at the resolution settings and all seemed the same as at my place. so i left there again only to find out that it was still not working here. so now im stuck with one of them oldschool connectors with a max resolution od 1360 x 768.
i have tried resetting, and reinstalling the drivers for my gtx 570 without anny luck.
so basicly as far as im concerned swtor messed up my 2 month old comp to a point that i cant enjoy games the way i was used to.
only reason i sticked around with this game was to chack out 1.2 patch. well tht was a stupid idea !

Eljayz
04.13.2012 , 11:26 PM | #2
I have the same issue as I use a lower resolution than the max on my desktop, and it resets it everytime i alt tab while swtor is up.

When i close it however, it seems to be fine.

Annoying tho.

Markiss-Hitmen
04.14.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3
I'm set to a lower res in game then max on my monitor as well. If I alt-tab out res is changed on desktop to what is in game. My icons on my desktop are also moved with the resolution change. Its the same if I exit the game. My desktop will go back to Max monitor res, but all my desktop icons get moved and I have to move them all back to original positions. This did not happen pre 1.2 patch. Only after 1.2 patch. So I am not sure what is in the new code that is causing my whole computer to match the res of the game while its running and not completely restore when game is closed. I do hope this gets fixed as it is quite frustrating and annoying
Former Beta Tester for SWG, WoW, Kesmai's Multiplayer BattleTech. Former player of said SWG. Beta tester for SWTOR as Well

Misans
04.15.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
I have the same problem.

After the patch the ingame resolution was messed up too, changing itself to a lower resolution and acting weird so i tried to fix it through the .ini file. That made the game resolution stabilize, but now my desktop resolution is acting up.

Sometimes it doesn't happen until i quit the game but most of the time it happens directly after starting the game. The resolution drops and my icons on my desktop are all over the place.

It is a bit disturbing and worrying, that this game is starting to corrupt my computer's system this way.

Missandei
04.15.2012 , 03:11 AM | #5
I fixed this issue by disabling the second monitor in my Nvidia Config Panel..

Markiss-Hitmen
04.15.2012 , 10:21 AM | #6
I only have my computer to single display. So no multi monitor setup to start. So not sure what other settings if any on my end I can tweek to fix the res issue
Former Beta Tester for SWG, WoW, Kesmai's Multiplayer BattleTech. Former player of said SWG. Beta tester for SWTOR as Well

Misans
04.16.2012 , 02:42 AM | #7
Thanks for the tip, will disable the second monitor and see if that helps

Wispel
07.24.2012 , 05:34 AM | #8
I have the ame problem
Do not have a second monitor
Do not have NVIDIA

ATI Radeon HD4350

When I start SWTOR it always changes the screen resolution of my desktop
And sometimes the resolution stay changed after

Tirvaak
07.24.2012 , 09:22 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispel View Post
I have the ame problem
Do not have a second monitor
Do not have NVIDIA

ATI Radeon HD4350

When I start SWTOR it always changes the screen resolution of my desktop
And sometimes the resolution stay changed after
Hi Wispel,

Could you please post a copy of your DxDiag and client_settings into this thread for me. To access these please follow the instructions in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Please make sure to place these within spoiler tags to save space in the thread.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Irongut
07.24.2012 , 09:56 AM | #10
I've been getting this issue since 1.2 and very dissapointed that despite reading several threads on the topic it is not in the known issues sticky.

In my case my desktop and game are set to the same resolution and refresh rate. NVidia GTX460 + Win7. My graphics and monitor drivers are up to date. I can play fine but when I alt-tab the refresh rate for my dektop has been changed to something higher than the maximum supported by my monitor. This started around patch 1.2 (possibly a hotfix just before), before that the only issue I had was I needed to specify the refresh rate for SWTOR in the ini file or it picked one higher than my monitor can support.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)